• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: San Antonio |OT| Glorious Rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okayish show, nothing amazing. womens & tag title matches were ok. main event was the only match I really liked. Roode gave it a good, old school match feel.

I think the Nakamura injury was done to the degree that it was specifically so that people don't speculate about him in the Rumble.

Also this happened tonight:

OuKv3dI.jpg

Gotta be fake.

Twitter doesn't do 'Min.' with a period or even a capitalized M. And it doesn't even do 'Min' it just does m on timestamps.

Jezbollah

From the NXT tapings Nakamura still has a match against Kassius in the works, so he's staying until after Mania.

I would say - Nak vs Kassius at WM Takeover, then debuts on Raw after Mania

Anyway. Just finished seeing Takeover. Great show, better than my lower than normal expectations. Roode's DDT is fantastic. That was a top match.

The rest of the card was good - the womens match was poorer for getting rid of Cross like that, but the end where she was laughing at Asuka was a nice touch going forward.

We still never got any explanation for it.

i always just figured that its going with the storyline that HHH has found Seth ungrateful and entitled as his authority champ and decided to send the message. or at least thats what the video package is gonna tell us when him and seth fight at wrestlemania.

Nakamura in Raw after mania will be hype. though really I think he should be on smackdown for the hype ass matches between him and AJ.

To be honest, the first Takeover I wasn't interested in watching - at least live - was Toronto.

Turns out it was the best Takeover that wasn't Dallas of last year. Point is don't be sleeping on a Takeover, even if the build hasn't been as good as it should be.

Boy, I called this one right. That was a better Takeover than any of us expected.

abundant

Not anymore. Takeover was his last. He is doing Raw still. They are replacing him with the commentator from the UK Championship thing who sat alongside Michael Cole.

And for those who haven't watched the UK Tournament, Cory is being replaced by Nigel McGuinness. Announced at the start of the TakeOver kickoff show.

Nose Master

Takeover was okay. Only real low point were authors of pain. Dudes are booked as monsters and I just can't take them seriously. Awkward tall dlo browns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom