• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT TakeOver: Toronto |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

Just to give Nakamura a reign with the belt I guess, I assume he's getting called up soon. But Joe really needs to be called up too, I don't know what he's still doing down there.

Do you think they do a match at the rumble or tape or do a show at the Japan shows?

Ithil

the only reason I'm disappointed that Joe won is there is literally nothing for him to do in NXT. He has been there too long.

I'm guessing the plan is a new rematch for the Takeover before RR, Shinsuke wins and Joe is in the Rumble as his call up

I guess.

They really protect the reigns with the NXT belt, I don't think they'd trade it back and forth like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The reason I don't like the finish is that it suggests they plan to do another Joe/Nakamura match for TakeOver Houston.

The other option is that they plan to have Nak get the title in Japan at the NXT Japan tour.

Anth0ny

I didn't start any Benoit or trump chants, marks.

However, I WAS channeling some dudes in the row behind me. Annoying AF just yelling insider terms and trying to start "THIS IS OK" chants when people were chanting this is awesome.

During the Nakamura match Joe got a cross face and they starting chanting Chris Benoit. Believe it or not some people actually joined in. Then they started the trump chant

Still an amazing show. Wish strong style was victorious, though :(

Tagyhag

They wanted to show the duality of Joe.

745ca059e1ceefbd033ecc5274eb4c7b.png

Is he really the monster, or are we for judging him so?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
They really protect the reigns with the NXT belt, I don't think they'd trade it back and forth like that.

There is nobody on the current NXT roster that could believably challenge Joe for the belt, thats the problem with him being there so long. Nakamura is the only person that can take the belt back without it losing any prestige right now.

But whatever happens in the 3rd go around, that needs to be it. Maybe the belt gets vacated.

NXT tends to be a little better than the main shows at rematches and often has them on the weekly programs so I could see somebody like Rooooo picking up the belt in a 4 way at the next Takeover.

Anth0ny

Walking out of the show, lots of people chanting the Nakamura theme. Lots of kids as well. Kids chanting Nakamura, older guys chanting JOE JOE JOE

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That show, as a whole, might be my favorite NXT show this year, narrowly beating out Dallas. That Nakamura/Sami match is still my favorite NXT match of the year, but this card top to bottom delivered. Even the TM61/AoP match which I had zero expectations for delivered. Really really good show and probably the best wrestling crowd I've ever seen.

Wonder what it must have felt like to be Tye in the locker room after his match and hearing TEN chants during the entire 2 hours afterwards.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I could see Nakamura staying in NXT for continuing to push network subs in Japan or moving him up to Raw/Smackdown to help ratings.

Either way, having two undefeated champions was getting repetitive so something had to give. This really helps at putting Joe on the same level too, so I thought it was great.

The Revival just keep doing it, every Takeover. Once again having the best match of the night.

Another great show, which really shouldn't come to a surprise to anyone paying attention to NXT for the past two years but people keep thinking the weekly program has any real effect on these shows.

L2gxaQ6.gif

hngg the smoothness. Top Fucking Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom