• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT TakeOver: Toronto |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

20161015_NXTtakerover_Toronto_tunein_thissaturday__04efca615250e76a6b6beb8c8d4e400b.0.jpeg

Cxf8rvvWQAABJXv.jpg:large

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe for the NXT Championship

CxbW19GUcAEFI2m.jpg:small

Asuka vs. Mickie James for the NXT Women's Championship

CxbWlgxVQAESypt.jpg:small

The Revival vs. Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano for the NXT Tag-Team Championships

Cw3UVVtUoAAoqoV.jpg:small

Authors of Pain vs. TM-61 in the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag-Team Classic

CxbW6lAUQAAyjWr.jpg:small

Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger

NXT is such a bore now. Painfully bad. But the PPVs are great

Disappointed Andrade Cien isnt on the card. He looks like he can be a main eventer on smackdown and be everything Del Rio should've been

bigkrev

Hope whoever looses the main event is either at Raw or Smackdown next week. I hope Mickie and Asuka isn't a train wreck, but I'm worried about it.

I think I'm just going to watch the 3 title matches and skip the undercard.

I'm gonna pop when Mickie's theme hits. Other then that, not really looking forward to much. Tag match will be great and the main event hopefully is good but the rest has me feeling indifferent.

Mastadon

Banned
Have the Authors of Pain done anything or are they a bust?

They've looked pretty good, had a solid match with DIY in the tag tournament which showed they can do more than 3 minute squash matches.

They can't sell for shit at the minute, but lots of potential.

I am leaving soon to head down to the ACC. Gotta grab something to eat first.

NXT isn't what it used to be but there are a few matches on this card that I'm excited about. I wish they had made Nak vs. Joe 2 a gimmick match. Even a cage match would do.

Day 1 of wrestling madness weekend!

NXT is whatever it has to be, it may not be what it was before and it might not be the same in a while, but I still like what it is now and find it very entertaining. Some of you guys are just dropping elitist wank opinions for the sake of looking cool. So, yeah, real cool dudes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

NXT isn't what it used to be but there are a few matches on this card that I'm excited about. I wish they had made Nak vs. Joe 2 a gimmick match. Even a cage match would do.

Its fine. There's plenty of cool matches and they've brought in more guys recently who just haven't really either debuted or gotten a push.

Xion385

My predictions

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Samoa Joe
Asuka (c) vs. Mickie James
Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger
The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) vs. TM-61 (Nick Miller and Shane Thorne)
The Revival (Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson) (c) vs. #DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa)

Hasney

On a card with Joe, Nakamura, Roode, Tye, The Revival, DIY, Asuka and Mickie James, I don't understand why people say NXT isn't what it used to be. This card is pretty stacked.

I had no idea Mickie James was back with WWE

Just for tonight.

RBH

Why are Nakamura, Joe, and Asuka are still in NXT

Part of the reason is that if you call up those three right now, there's not a lot of options as far as people who can not only take their spot on the card, but be able to attract crowds for their live events. The recent injuries to Itami and Aries only solidifies that at this point. It's clear that Roode and Dillinger are currently being groomed to eventually take over higher spots in the card, but both of them aren't quite there yet.

The women's division in particular has been hit pretty hard over the past year. I still maintain that they called up Nia Jax, Dana Brooke, Carmella, and even Alexa Bliss way too early because those girls still had a lot to prove in NXT before they had any business being called up. Now as a result, there's no credible contender in the division to stand toe-to-toe with Asuka, hence why it makes sense to bring in Mickie for a one-off. Ember Moon is getting there, but still needs more time to be built up for the NXT audience in general. Billie Kay and Peyton Royce have potential as well imo.

Xion385

Nakamura or Joe will probably turn up at the Rumble in January. Would be perfect.

If Joe loses, he might debut tomorrow or Tuesday on Smackdown. Please don't put him on Raw. Smackdown needs more depth. Outside of AJ, Cena, and Ambrose, don't have any true blue main eventers. Maybe Sami if the IC title doesn't go anywhere. Or Ziggler and The Miz.

As for Nakamura. Hunter, GIVE ME THAT LA SOMBRA VS NAKAMURA TRILOGY!!! You have a money program right there. CIEN IS RIGHT THERE!

shwimpy

Now that Vince has acknowledged "indy wrestling" on the main roster, it's time to kill NXT. The weekly shows are painfully pointless and the PPVs haven't been all that great since Nakamura/Zayn.

Joe has literally been in the main title picture for over a year. Bring him the fuck up already.

The women's division in particular has been hit pretty hard over the past year. I still maintain that they called up Nia Jax, Dana Brooke, Carmella, and even Alexa Bliss way too early because those girls still had a lot to prove in NXT before they had any business being called up. Now as a result, there's no credible contender in the division to stand toe-to-toe with Asuka, hence why it makes sense to bring in Mickie for a one-off. Ember Moon is getting there, but still needs more time to be built up for the NXT audience in general. Billie Kay and Peyton Royce have potential as well imo.

How have they not picked up Candice LeRae yet. Didn't they sign her husband?

The women are becoming a huge draw, so it would be a worthwhile investment to try to raid as many successful women wrestlers as they can. Who are some of the better women in the indies, Japan, and Mexico?

A multi month long Ciampa vs Gargano feud could easily carry the NXT title through 2017 if needed after Joe and Nak move onto the main roster.

If WWE are still planning that horrible Shane vs Lesnar idea from Mania, I hope they decide to use either Joe or Nak as a surrogate. Both would work well, and the resulting match would be above anything Shane would bring to the match himself.

Joe's NXT character of not feeling respected pretty much gives him carte blanche to insert himself in anything he wants and have it make logical sense. Of course, WWE rarely makes logical sense with storylines these days, so that is a step above their usual nonsense.

If you think about it, many people see Brock and Goldberg above most other stuff happening in the WWE these days. If WWE could find a way to introduce a full time contracted wrestler into that match and make him look strong, it would be of great benefit to them going forward.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
nakamura over joe
asuka over mickie
diy over revival
aussies over arthurs
bobby over tye

Kusagari

They really need to do something about the women's division.

They should have Ember on the card but she has no one to face besides Kay and Royce.

RBH

They really need to do something about the women's division.

They should have Ember on the card but she has no one to face besides Kay and Royce.

I'm guessing that they'll do a six-woman tag match tonight with Ember Moon, Liv Morgan, and Aliyah vs. Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, and a third person

I also expect to see an added match with Almas and/or Cedric Alexander, Rich Swann, etc.

NoRéN

Watching booby roode and perfect 10 was some of the most fun I've seen live so I'm looking forward to that match.

The women's division is getting there now after the big sweep of women earlier, Moon, Liv, Payton & Billie are all getting great reactions from the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom