• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT TakeOver: Toronto |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

NoRéN;225028914 said:
Watching booby roode and perfect 10 was some of the most fun I've seen live so I'm looking forward to that match.

I went to an NXT live event in Atlanta in June at the famous Center Stage building, and Tye Dillinger might've been the highlight of the night. His back-and-forth interplay with the live crowd was so fun to watch, he came off like an absolute star in my eyes.

Knox

Excited for the title matches even though I haven't been following NXT that much.

I don't think there's much wrong with NXT. The roster isn't as stacked as it has been in the past but they still have a lot of talent. I just think the main shows have gotten better by being more like NXT, so having it as an alternative isn't as necessary anymore. I wouldn't mind seeing them shift focus to younger talent and let guys like Joe/Nak/Roode have a quicker road to the main roster.

Cosmozone

As far as women go, I've cooled a bit on Ember Moon since they've put her in that Liv Morgan story which had potential to be good but ended up generic. Nikki Cross looks more promising now with Sanity.

The current problem with the women's division probably doesn't last long with the rumored upcoming tournament with a ton of signings in its wake. There are also some women in the waiting line already with Mandy Rose, Daria and Mary Dobson.

As far as women go, I've cooled a bit on Ember Moon since they've put her in that Liv Morgan story which had potential to be good but ended up generic. Nikki Cross looks more promising now with Sanity.

The current problem with the women's division probably doesn't last long with the rumored upcoming tournament with a ton of signings in its wake. There are also some women in the waiting line already with Mandy Rose, Daria and Mary Dobson.
Yeah they'll be fine. They lost 4 of their top stars, and no one is even close to challenging Asuka right now except Ember Moon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Mickie James actually any good? She was around during my loooong wrestling break from 2000 to 2014.

he was excellent in a time when women were a joke outside of...Lita and Trish, no idea if she can still go tho

NoRéN

I went to an NXT live event in Atlanta in June at the famous Center Stage building, and Tye Dillinger might've been the highlight of the night. His back-and-forth interplay with the live crowd was so fun to watch, he came off like an absolute star in my eyes.
I agree. Saw him in Los Angeles and the crowd was into him so much. He fed off the crowd which seemed to increase his charisma which in turn fueled the crowd even more.

Crazy how the first time I saw him it was with Jason Jordan. It's as if they were holding each other back.

Hasney

Would have been cool if Trish didn't get pregnant and they went with the original plan, but she'd have been as rusty as Goldberg so I think this will be a better match.

NoRéN;225032097 said:
I agree. Saw him in Los Angeles and the crowd was into him so much. He fed off the crowd which seemed to increase his charisma which in turn fueled the crowd even more.

Crazy how the first time I saw him it was with Jason Jordan. It's as if they were holding each other back.

I loved that tag team, think they would have gone places if there wasn't injuries.

Still though, obviously Gable compliments Jordan much better.

Hasney

Where is fan favorite Austin Aries?

Nakamura busted his eye socket.

austin-aries-eye-lead.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Mickie and those girls were before my time but she still looks great. I hope she can go cause we don't get to see Asuka often enough and I'd hate to see her squandered on a joke match.

Mickie has been consistently (for the most part) wrestling since she left WWE. She's been touring the indy scene for a while now after leaving TNA. She can still go.

The problem arises that she hasn't actually wrestled a lot of Joshi workers so...there might be a pretty bad clash of styles.

I am remaining optimistic tho.

It's not as if Triple H would go "yeah, Trish was our first choice" But even though it'd be a lot easier to get heat on Asuka with Trish, Mickie is potentially a much better match. I hope Trish is actually there tonight though and let Asuka taunt her and whatever else that can be done non-physically get some heat on her.

The Revival is the reason to watch. They're full of '80s and '90s moves, setups, and gimmicks. Never the same match twice.

This is truth, best tag team in WWE when it comes to tag work.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Charli is killing it. She's fantastic and I'm excited she's getting the opportunity to host one of these.

Charly Caruso is fine. She is doing a good job, and has been doing okay in most segments in the last few months.

Between her and Dasha, the two most recent hiers, she stands out. Dasha is too robotic. Probably exactly what WWE wants, but not very human like when talking backstage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom