• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III |OT| The Eclipse Comes Early

I dont even see the point of comparing wwe (even nxt) to njpw but whatever.

I thought it was a fantastic Takeover, doubly so because the card, on paper, was one of the weaker ones. Which reminds me, we really need to, collectively, stop going "meh not looking forward to this Takeover, card does nothing for me" as they have proven time and time again that cards dont matter, they always deliever.

When is the next one, Survivor Series weekend in November?

Yep. Takeover Houston.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think he double duties and does the job to Strong before going full time on Main roster.

Or jobs to Strong and them goes up.

I really like Strong and think he's the next Sami Zayn in NXT though so don't take me seriously.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Roode, Asuka, Iconic Duo have nothing left to do in NXT. Honestly, Authors of Pain aswell.

Roode and Iconic Duo to Smackdown, Asuka to RAW imo.

AoP to RAW for a Roman heel stable. Oh wait Vince hates stables and wont turn Roman, nvm.

So with Takeover finished, who y'all got getting called up next week? Angle and Daniel being there basically confirmed we'll be seeing some folks.

Itami is a lock, I believe; probably for the CW division. Hoping Smackdown gets the Iconic Duo if they go up. If Asuka is leaving, she's headed to Raw.

Please, no.

Itami should be kicking heads in like Samoa Joe. He should absolutely be running through the IC title scene, or facing AJ Styles.

Itami really is great in the ring and he's found himself as a heel. I don't know why people toss him aside.

I really want Andrade to carry Smackdown as a heel, but the show is just too busy. Im hoping guys like Corbin are on their way down, because he's taking up a much valuable spot that can be better put to stronger talents.

Id like to see Itami and Andrade called up, and Bobby may as well come up too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Super disagree.

well, if you mean ring work wise, you would be correct. If we treat NXT as develomental... which it hardly is these days.

If so, I agree on AoP since they seem to be getting better. The ladies on the other hand look like they will always be terrible. Their out of ring work is fantastic tho.

Please, no.

Itami should be kicking heads in like Samoa Joe. He should absolutely be running through the IC title scene, or facing AJ Styles.

Itami really is great in the ring and he's found himself as a heel. I don't know why people toss him aside.

I really want Andrade to carry Smackdown as a heel, but the show is just too busy. Im hoping guys like Corbin are on their way down, because he's taking up a much valuable spot that can be better put to stronger talents.

I agree that Itami should be in the heavyweight division, but hoo boy Itami vs. Tozawa sounds like a great time regardless of crowd heat.

well, if you mean ring work wise, you would be correct. If we treat NXT as develomental... which it hardly is these days.

If so, I agree on AoP since they seem to be getting better. The ladies on the other hand look like they will always be terrible. Their out of ring work is fantastic tho.

Royce isn't terrible at all in ring.

Rhaknar

also the lack of gifs tonight was incredibly disapointing.

Gaf failed us all.

ReiGun

Roode, Asuka, Iconic Duo have nothing left to do in NXT. Honestly, Authors of Pain aswell.

Roode and Iconic Duo to Smackdown, Asuka to RAW imo.

AoP to RAW for a Roman heel stable. Oh wait Vince hates stables and wont turn Roman, nvm.

I think AoP needs a little more time in the oven. I'd rather they call Sanity up before them.

Roode should go up, definitely, but I could also see him sticking around a little longer while they establish Cole to take his place as top heel. Agree that he should go to Smackdown.

Please, no.

I see where you're coming from, but you know Vince is gonna take one look at Itami and it's gonna be straight to 205.

I want Andrade to go up too, but I don't see where he could fit in. The worst thing for him would be to wind up in Smackdown's black hole of a midcard.

Royce is not a bad wrestler, I definitely could see the gimmick turning Billie Kay into a more managerial role for the main roster eventually, and AoP has improved but they're still a bit off from being main roster material wrestling wise.

Both cases are actually one of the few that are still using NXT as a learning territory, so if you're gonna make some callups, they very down the pecking order at the moment.

Alright, rewatching that ending again and Fish/OReilly really have a good look. Moustache and Crazy Eyes. They need some tag gear or something

Announcer quotas? I've fucking heard it all now.

Raw announce team: Cole, Graves, Booker

SD announce team: JBL, Tom, Byron

NXT announce team: Mauro, Nigel, Percy

They are all made up exactly the same. Two white guys and one black guy. You think that's a total coincidence?

When Otunga had to leave, who replaced him? Booker.

When they swapped Byron off of Raw, who did they swap him for? Otunga.

This is not exactly the biggest leap in logic.

geomon

Raw announce team: Cole, Graves, Booker

SD announce team: JBL, Tom, Byron

NXT announce team: Mauro, Nigel, Percy

They are all made up exactly the same. Two white guys and one black guy. You think that's a total coincidence?

When Otunga had to leave, who replaced him? Booker.

When they swapped Byron off of Raw, who did they swap him for? Otunga.

This is not exactly the biggest leap in logic.

I guess they missed their quota for Main Event and 205 Live. Oh, the international announce teams didn't get the memo either. Damn.

I guess they missed their quota for Main Event and 205 Live. Oh, the international announce teams didn't get the memo either. Damn.

Last time I watched Main Event, R-Truth was on commentary. Maybe he's not anymore.

But even then, their three main shows all use the same commentary make-up. If you think that's all just happenstance, then sure. And Vince cares so much less about international teams. So much less.

Top Bottom