• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Romancing SaGa 2 announced for PSV/iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takao

Banned
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201512/15095401.html
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/romasaga2/

jwrJKtW.jpg
E8yNRlJ.jpg

Release is set for the winter.

Kawazu wasn't playing around when he said news soon.

ash_ag

So, you're telling me:
  • This gets a Vita version.
  • It doesn't receive the FFV/FFVI treatment visually.
  • It's widescreen.
  • It receives further updates/improvements versus the original.
That should be...good, right?

squall211

So, you're telling me:
  • It's widescreen.

Yeah it's odd that they'd do this with SaGa but not with FFV/VI.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
A leak from 2ch few hours ago said some SNES SQEX games will port to PSV.
Include Romancing SaGa.

Treasure of Rudras and Live a Live pls. :(

Wow a Square Enix remake for phones and Vita...that doesn't use that super weird Vaseline rpg maker filter crap...I want this now. Keep doing good Square (Also bring to us plz)

randomkid

This is the best case scenario I could have envisioned from modern Square, we've got a real shot at playing an English RS2 that is not a visual abomination!!!!

Labadal

So, you're telling me:
  • It's widescreen.
They will probably not release in the west.

18-Volt

We won't get this one just like we didn't get SaGa 2&3 remakes on DS. This is Square. You literally have to beg for localizations.

It doesn't look like the ffv and ffvi ports. In fact, albeit looking a bit RPG Maker-esque, it's a clear graphical improvement from the original .This is a good thing.

Why couldn't we have gotten this with FFV and VI? Jesus.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
A leak from 2ch few hours ago said some SNES SQEX games will port to PSV.
Include Romancing SaGa.

Don't tease us, Square barely acknowledges the Enix side of its heritage, and I just spent £60 on a Terranigma SNES cart. Saying that, I would happily buy Illusion of Gaia/Time and Terranigma digitally on Vita and play it on my PS TV.

Please bring the Vita version. I hope SE realizes that the vast majority of the average Candy Crush demographic has no interest in a game like this. Localize this on an actual gaming platform for the fans.

Tizoc

Don't tease us, Square barely acknowledges the Enix side of its heritage, and I just spent £60 on a Terranigma SNES cart. Saying that, I would happily buy Illusion of Gaia/Time and Terranigma digitally on Vita and play it on my PS TV.

I was unaware they stopped making Dragon Quest games after the merger 10-15 years ago :V

BearPawB

Banned
Does this have anything to do with FInal Fantasy Legend 2 on gameboy?
i loved that game

I know it was really a SaGa game, but I know nothing about the series more broadly

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I was unaware they stopped making Dragon Quest games after the merger 10-15 years ago :V

I think what he means is that we barely get any non FF/DQ legacy titles from the Enix side. Square had revived these:
- SaGa
- Mana
- Front Mission (supposedly)

Whereas Enix only revived this:
- Star Ocean

They could have revived the Soul Blazer series at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom