• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Romancing SaGa 2 announced for PSV/iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deft Beck

Please bring the Vita version. I hope SE realizes that the vast majority of the average Candy Crush demographic has no interest in a game like this. Localize this on an actual gaming platform for the fans.

I've heard the argument from Japanese publishers that cell phones are "adult" hardware while dedicated handhelds are for kids. Probably is not true, but that might be part of why we are seeing so many mobile games from them.

crinale

This is really becoming a news in Japan (perhaps old gamers are really hyped). I guess this may be the biggest gaming news today (in Japan), surpassing 2 Gundam games.

I've heard the argument from Japanese publishers that cell phones are "adult" hardware while dedicated handhelds are for kids. Probably is not true, but that might be part of why we are seeing so many mobile games from them.

If it is true then that would be interesting seeing as how it's practically in reverse in the West. The core demographic for gaming products in Japan is still the kid-teenage group vs. being 18-35 in the West, so I could see this being a real thing.

As for the game itself, Yes please, I want this. I'd be fine with it on Android but either way. It would mean that the west has a way to play all three SNES era Romancing Saga games in English (since there's patches for the 1st and 3rd one, and the first one also had that PS2 remake). I'm glad the sprites don't look so bland as well.

crinale

9sTn6o9.jpg

Good, good :D

Would have liked them to upgrade the sprite size and animation but its still looks like prettty good old school fun

Certainly one of the less offensive remasters

This looks like a good effort if you ask me. Even the usual ugly UI curse seems to be side-stepped. Makes me wish they had done this for Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and the Final Fantasy games.

Wingus

Oh man, I finished the Super Famicom version years ago, and it's a damn good game.

The game that introduced sparking/lightbulbs to the series and has a tough final boss fight. I hope they localise this

Neoweee

Looks awesome.

S-E recently seems more willing to localize, so hopefully this pans out. There's not all that much dialogue.

StereoVsn

Oh my, actual nice port unlike terrible FF graphics, Vita support and not F2P. I am in and might double dip on Vita and iOS.

Setsuna.
Final Fantasy Adventure.
SaGa.

Square Enix is currently being very, very kind to the Vita.

Please be very, very kind to the west, too. These would be so good.

Neoweee

Man they treat this better than their Crown Jewels of FFV/VI?

What the heck, SE?

Have they announced a price yet?

There are a few factors at play:

1) Is this a more expensive Vita release initially?
2) This is the first port/update of RS2, which justifies some increased budget. FFVI was a (mostly) enhanced port of an enhanced port.

khaaan

Came in expecting weird overly smooth "mobile graphics". Am pleasantly surprised, give me dat Vita localization.

Vita is becoming quite the SaGa machine. Good job Kawazu is a fan of the Vita, it's good for us. Never played this one, if they decide to release it digitally over here I will support such an option. Would love to play a sprite/2D RPG on the Vita like this.

RedBoot

We won't get this one just like we didn't get SaGa 2&3 remakes on DS. This is Square. You literally have to beg for localizations.

Was always hoping those two would get ported to iOS/Android so that we'd get a second shot at localizations for them. SaGa 2/FFL2 is still one of my favorite games of all time, I'll play it on an iPad if I have to.

I'll play this one on iPad too, though I'd obviously prefer Vita.

Reveirg

I think what he means is that we barely get any non FF/DQ legacy titles from the Enix side. Square had revived these:
- SaGa
- Mana
- Front Mission (supposedly)

Whereas Enix only revived this:
- Star Ocean

They could have revived the Soul Blazer series at least.

Technically, Enix revived Drakengard too. (It was announced as Enix but released as Square-Enix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom