• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

Iceman829

I was kinda hoping they would sell a Jedi bundle with something useful to help get me a leg up to get Yoda. I log in a see a $60 bundle... yea no thanks EA. I don't mind spending $5-10 here or there on a mobile game if I'm having fun, but $60 for a couple of characters/shards just seems crazy. I guess data shows big money players make more money than small transactions.

Sulik2

Wow that event nerf. Could spend 100 crystal and 300 energy and make 660k. The payout is now 8400 for 24 energy. Ugh.

Moff

I'll have to play through the tutorial and try to log back into it.

that is not necessary
I had that issue all the time a few weeks ago
just log out and log back in with your google account and everything will be there

j-wood

Oh god, why am I this close to buying that Jedi bundle....I've certainly been playing this enough to justify spending some money towards it...

Moff

luckily I got Qui Gon already, he is very good
but there is no way I will ever lay down 60 bucks for this game anyway

Aselith

Oh god, why am I this close to buying that Jedi bundle....I've certainly been playing this enough to justify spending some money towards it...

Some money sure but not like that

Mace is pretty goddamn good after the buffs. I think I'm gonna add him to permanent squad as the buff removal is great to have as long as he does pretty decent damage which he does now plus he's got a fuck ton of health. One cool thing with his changes is that if you miss on an Exposed enemy you still get the turn buff which is nice.

liezryou

I was kinda hoping they would sell a Jedi bundle with something useful to help get me a leg up to get Yoda. I log in a see a $60 bundle... yea no thanks EA. I don't mind spending $5-10 here or there on a mobile game if I'm having fun, but $60 for a couple of characters/shards just seems crazy. I guess data shows big money players make more money than small transactions.

Yeah, welcome to freemium games. I saw a chart of freemium games which showed that the top 10% of payers make up 65% of the total income. Absolute bullshit pricing but when you have people tossing thousands into this game, it's not gunna change.

Don't do this. You are better off spending that 60$ on crystals and buying 2 cantina refreshes every day. This will be way better off in the long run.

Anakin is unfarmable and even if you manage to get him to 7* he is still extremely lackluster. QGJ and Ahsoka aren't terrible but you can get them more efficiently from cantina refreshes. Unless you want them NOW and are incredibly impatient, I wouldn't buy it.

The starting bundles (particularly the dark side starter, barriss and droid bundles) were incredible deals. This however is lackluster at best.

Moff

5$ Dooku was the best deal, I still use him, it's also the only money I spent on this game.
I really expected them to have more single characters for 5 bucks in the future, but apparently the bigger bundles are more profitable.

Holy shit I only just found out about this thread and the teams some of you guys have - I thought I was doing well with a 6* Sidious hah. Only just got Lum to 4*! need to seriously up my game, only have like 8-9 characters that I bother with on a regular basis (outside of farming for new chars ofc)

Also Maul being eternally stuck on 4* is some serious bullshit

I've been playing this for the last few weeks and only just discovered and read through this thread. Some great tips in here, wish I'd known some of it when I started playing. Big thanks to all who posted them.

I'm liking the game way more than I thought I would. I have no real strategy or synergy, but my attacker/healer team brute forces it's way in the arena well enough to keep me ranked around 300-400.

That Jedi bundle sucks... was really hoping for something better or cheaper. Already have Qui-gon and Ahsoka even if they're still low rank. Threw $10 at the game instead for a 4x data pack and got Mace Windu. Now I'm happy even if I'm spread thin between too many characters to level up.

Setzer

The Jedi bundle for $60 is a waste of money. You're better off using that money to buy a crystal pack and then use those crystals for Cantina refreshers and that will net you just as many QuiGon shards, plus it will give you more training droids, MKIII's and credits.

So with the Arena payout just now I was able to get Eeth Koth for my 5th Jedi, just in time. I now have

4* Ahsoka
4* Consular
3* Qui Gon
3* Luminara
3* Eeth

Which was enough for 75 Yoda shards, meaning I should have him the next time they run the event. I'm at 40 shards for Anakin and Mace. Anakin would be impossible to get within the week through farming. Mace though? 6 days, 24 runs per day with a single refresh gives me 144 runs. Basically need his shard to drop 28% of the time. Doable?

If so, I'll have Qui Gon and Luminara to 4* this week and can run the 4* trial before it leaves. If not, I sort of want to save crystals for the 8 pack and hope I get Rex. I really want an all clone team and have been farming even the first gem clone trooper in anticipation.

Also I imagine they'll do a similar event with the Sith for Emperor Palpatine, but maybe not since there's only 5 sith in the game including Sidious. The others being Vader, Dooku, Savage, and Maul.

Tobor

Just dropped $10 trying to get a fifth Jedi and I didn't get it. I did get a 4 star Kylo Ren though. I'll take it.

wowzors

I'll have to play through the tutorial and try to log back into it.

Same thing happened to me, after my 6p updated the game forgot I was logged in yo Google play. So I had to beat all of the tutorial and re login

Edit: this events barrier of entry is a little ridiculous, I understand its a freemium game but still. I have put like 100 hours in at level 69 with 6* people and you have to have a very specific team to play this.

Same thing happened to me, after my 6p updated the game forgot I was logged in yo Google play. So I had to beat all of the tutorial and re login

Edit: this events barrier of entry is a little ridiculous, I understand its a freemium game but still. I have put like 100 hours in at level 69 with 6* people and you have to have a very specific team to play this.
The event will be recurring though, so you can plan for it. You get 25 shards per tier (all 1 star, all 2 star, etc) meaning if you get all 3 star or higher Jedi you can get a 7 star Yoda in 2 runs of the event, seems pretty good. (This is incorrect, tiers get permanently locked) And there's a bunch of Jedi with a bunch of ways to unlock them for free so it's not too far stretched.

I do understand if you just hopped on today and only had Consular. I was still at only Consular myself until a little while ago when they started talking about the all Jedi event. Qui Gon through cantina, Luminara through Galactic, Eeth through Arena, then farm one more such as Ahsoka who also drops through the free packs.

Dwayne

It's not that bad, it just gives you a new target to work for. Besides from pulling cards, there's no quick way to get any character, so it's inline with the rest of the game.

wowzors

The event will be recurring though, so you can plan for it. You get 25 shards per tier (all 1 star, all 2 star, etc) meaning if you get all 3 star or higher Jedi you can get a 7 star Yoda in 2 runs off the event, seems pretty good. And there's a bunch of Jedi with a bunch of ways to unlock them for free so it's not too far stretched.

I do understand if you just hopped on today and only had Consular. I was still at only Consular myself until a little while ago when they started talking about the all Jedi event. Qui Gon through cantina, Luminara through Galactic, Eeth through Arena, then farm one more such as Ahsoka who also drops through the free packs.

Your information is incorrect. Once you complete a tier its locked forever you will not be able to redo any tiers next time the event is up.

Aselith

I mean I suppose but it's a free five star character if you meet those requirements which isn't superhard and a free 7 star if you can get the characters.

wowzors

I mean I suppose but it's a free five star character if you meet those requirements which isn't superhard and a free 7 star if you can get the characters.

Why not lift the character requirement and drop him down to 3* unlock and shard store to upgrade past 5*?

I understand its free and stuff I'm just saying that it would be more of an event if everyone had a chance not a select subset. Its more engaging to have everyone get him and have a strive to level him not a, no shit that's lucky I run all jedis at 7* as my team

Durden77

Jeez looking at Yoda's skills he seems godly. Plus he's the only character to have 5 abilities so far.

I just need one more Qui-Gon Jin shipment then I can do his event.

So since I'll need to work my way to five Jedis for this event, which five do you guys recommend for investing in? Counselor and Luminara are givens I would think, but who else after that?

wowzors

So since I'll need to work my way to five Jedis for this event, which five do you guys recommend for investing in? Counselor and Luminara are givens I would think, but who else after that?

Windu is pretty good now, anakin is solid, qui gon jin is also good. If you are talking about just getting to 5 and don't care if they are good get eeth koth cause he uses arena shipments. Ahsoko and qui gon both use cantina so I suggest qui over ahsoko.

Blank!

These are pretty much a given:

Lum from GW
Eeth Koth from Arena
JC from cantina/hard mode (since you start with him, he requires less "farm" than the others)

You have a couple wild cards:

QGJ/Ashoka/Jedi Guardian from cantain shipments; QGJ is the best but you can suppliment Ashoka with hard mode shard farming to get higher stars faster. JG is a skip.

Cantina shard farming: Mace/Barriss, can go either way honestly. I think they have the same # of hard mode farms too. I personally found Barriss to be great for PvE stuff but haven't played (or owned) the new Mace so meh....

There's really not much for options outside of that. Everything else is either Chromium exclusive or has only hard mode farms (Anakin for example...).

(EDIT) Yoda looks beast....

Aselith

Mace is very good since his changes were made. Buff removal can be really great.

Eeth is pretty decent not great. He does have a really nice stun just the damage is a bit low. Only Jedi in the Squad Arena though which makes him a no brainer to try for.

Barriss is good but very hard to get shards for until very late. The shards tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plo Koon is not very good imo since you don't face stealth teams if that becomes a thing through new characters he could be useful

Qui Gon is a damn wrecking crew. I played with a high level borrowed one and he was crazy good.

Ahsoka is good damage but very low HP. I like her a lot.

Ima Gundi has a pretty great leader skill but can you get his shards? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anakin seems fine haven't really used him much and I wasn't impressed.

JK Guardian low tier but easy to get.

Kit Fisto seems hella good abilitieswise but I haven't used him. Where the shards
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old Ben has a pretty nice ability block AOE seems solid

Aayla I used her for a while but not much anymore not really great considering she can only selfheal and the damage ain't the greatest. I tried, sis!

I think that covers the others

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I like the turn-based battle idea. Does this game use the EA account system for saving progress and battling friends?

Matticers

I hope I can get Mace before the event ends (I'm about 75% there) so I can at least get started on collecting Yoda shards.

The event is going to save your progress and you can't unlock him until you get a team of 5 star jedi. So it won't really matter how far you get unless you get the 5 star jedi first. You'll be able to breeze through the first four rounds of the event next time it comes if you don't get enough five stars this time around.

Vilifier

Neo Member
Yoda looks cool, I will try to have a squad of 5* jedi for next time the event rolls around. Mace looks pretty good after the buff, I am going to work on him next once I get JC to 5*

The past few days I have been having a much easier time with Galactic War, but today it wanted to remind me that it can throw a bunch of squads much better than my team at me. Just barely cleared it this time. This game can be such a time sink at times with the huge leaps in difficulty, and all I want to do is collect the characters I like!

Moff

I can't believe how many people have multi characters with epic gear
is there something I'm missing? even the first tier of epic gear takes forever, there are like 4 item parts that need 20 components.
you do need to do those missions over and over again, right, there is no faster way?

liezryou

I can't believe how many people have multi characters with epic gear
is there something I'm missing? even the first tier of epic gear takes forever, there are like 4 item parts that need 20 components.
you do need to do those missions over and over again, right, there is no faster way?

Well, the challenges help; But more importantly, using the first 2 normal energy refreshes every day is a must for farming epic gear.

And if your thinking 20 components is alot... the next tier requires 50 components with an even worse drop rate then the previous tier.

Moff

Well, the challenges help; But more importantly, using the first 2 normal energy refreshes every day is a must for farming epic gear.

and people are doing this without the tickets? fight like 50 battles a day manually? jeez

I have 8 characters with epic gear, but I only really tried for 2. The others just sort of happened. I have the second tier of epic gear for only 1 character, FO Trooper. Didn't try for it at all, it just happened.

With refreshes you get a good amount of Sim tickets. I haven't had to manually fight a Dark/Light battle in a long time. Even then, I imagine you could just auto-play past a lot of them. I haven't really been farming gear in awhile now, just shards.

Blank!

all of your normal energy can go to gear farming though, hard mode shards aren't *that* important. I try to get one purple-set a day then spend the rest on a shard or something. With the exception of those bullshit 50 piece items, getting max gear for a character isn't that tough.

all of your normal energy can go to gear farming though, hard mode shards aren't *that* important. I try to get one purple-set a day then spend the rest on a shard or something. With the exception of those bullshit 50 piece items, getting max gear for a character isn't that tough.
They are if it's the only place to get those shards.

Probably a waste of time trying for those characters though, but eh. I figure once I her the characters I want at the star levels I want I can farm their gears quickly anyways.

EDIT:

So I just set up a spread sheet because I don't know why this is just a mobile game :p
I'm trying to see which are the fastest 5 Jedi I can get to 7 stars because I really want that 7 star Yoda. I'm also going on the assumption that I won't spend any money on Crystals, so my are source are the daily missions, galactic war, and 50 I get per day from Arena (my server is tough to crack top 500, it's an old server filled with lots of maxed characters).

The longest character holding me up would be Qui-Gon Jinn at 50 days (refresh Squad Cantina once gives me 408 currency per day, meaning that the drop rate can be as low as 33% for hard mode and I'd still finish all 5 Jedi in that time. Not too bad I suppose, for playing free.

Blank!

He's pretty beastmode. Being able to give everyone a free dodge is great not to mention if you get a good buff.

Still think his unlock requirement is dumb, that said, I'm glad his AI is vasaaj level stupid otherwise he'd be extra annoying to deal with.

First place in PvP today, seems like the couple whales in my seed have either quit/taken a break. The "top team" I had to beat was a Sidious, Dooku, Kylo, Poe, Poggle team. Switched in Lumina since the team is so low burst and clobbered it. Being able to see the whole team comp makes taking teams down so much easier.

Top Bottom