• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Reremption is now backwards compatible on Xbox One

The Flash

Banned
According to Major Nelson on Reddit:

"Microsoft tests all Xbox 360 games with our emulator to ensure a quality experience across a breadth of titles. Due to an error, some of the games currently in test were accidentally made available. We have since removed access to those games, and apologize for any confusion this may have caused. We will have more information on upcoming releases soon."

"error"
"accidentally"
"soon"

Confused at the insane excitement over playing an emulated version of RDR2. Bring me RDR3, then I'll do backflips.

...and no need to question my RDR love, I 100%'ed Red Dead Redemption.

I'd buy an Xbox One just to play it. My wife's 360 died and most of the games she would want to play again are already on BC.

I Platinumed RDR on the PS3 sometime in 2011. It was well worth it, I'd do it again.

etta

my hard graphic balls
According to Major Nelson on Reddit:

"Microsoft tests all Xbox 360 games with our emulator to ensure a quality experience across a breadth of titles. Due to an error, some of the games currently in test were accidentally made available. We have since removed access to those games, and apologize for any confusion this may have caused. We will have more information on upcoming releases soon."
What the goddamned hell, I want to play more tonight. This better release officially soon.
I can't play it offline because I'm gamesharing.

Magwik

Banned
What the goddamned hell, I want to play more tonight. This better release officially soon.
I can't play it offline because I'm gamesharing.

"Hey guys you need to use this loophole to play a game that hasn't been officially released"
"how dare they close the loophole on this unofficial release"

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Maybe Take 2 called MS and told them that they wanted to release a remaster of RDR instead. I'd love it if that happened.

But...be nice and do both.

Jumeira

Banned
This pretty much means Max Payne 3, GTA and LA Noir all coming right? I didn't play MP3 so I'd purchase that day 1 of BC! Never finished LA Noir which was generally fun. Man I'm loving this, my 360 has been packed away to make space, getting this all in one library is a dream.

pizzacat

Banned
Haha ms just put the company that can care less about bad publicity in a situation that will only lead to bad publicity

etta

my hard graphic balls
How does this lead to any bad publicity? The game is still coming out.
Yea, I doubt Microsoft was testing it before they got the nod from Rockstar. It'd be a waste of time and money to test every game and only then ask for permission to release.

Is the game actually coming out?
From what MN says it seems that they test all Xbox 360 games to improve the emulator even non licensed games and makes sense testing one of the most requested games. So it may not come after all. It is probably just MS pushing rockstar to greenlight the game. Hope it works.

Gnasher

Neo Member
Probably a good idea to pick up the physical version before it gets confirmed, avoid any price increase (though I imagine it'd only be minor increase anyway).

Really looking forward to playing through this game, never got around to giving it a proper go before. My next most wanted game after this will be metal gear rising, wonder how likely that'll be!

my bet is another 360 BC announcement at E3 involve the batman arkham games, old rockstar games, Bioshock Series (finally) and more.

I'm not expecting it anytime soon. Hell, we don't have the bioshock series yet and they had that on their website that it was coming soon.

Karak

Yea, I doubt Microsoft was testing it before they got the nod from Rockstar. It'd be a waste of time and money to test every game and only then ask for permission to release.

Phil S has spoken 100% about the exact steps to do this and it requires the other parties actions FIRST. Before the wrapper can even be completed.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Phil S has spoken 100% about the exact steps to do this and it requires the other parties actions FIRST. Before the wrapper can even be completed.
Yes, so we can be certain RDR will release on BC, the question is how soon? Praying for tomorrow.

So if I put my rdr GOTY edition in my xbone, nothing will happen right?

not now, nope...

EDIT: Unless you put your disc in while it was available to download the data files and play. If you did, then I think you can put your system or profile in offline mode and still play.

DOWN

Banned
Are people holding out hope for a remaster blissfully ignorant of Rockstar having said that they couldn't do a port when asked because the code is an absolute mess?

pizzacat

Banned
How does this lead to any bad publicity? The game is still coming out.
From what I understand the game was in testing, ms has tested games that haven't been approved yet, now that people have played it they know it works.

So either it never comes out and people realize rockstar just said no or it does because they were forced to say yes.

Right?

Read the other the posts I'm wrong carry on

Karak

Yes, so we can be certain RDR will release on BC, the question is how soon? Praying for tomorrow.

Just going by other MS tests we know people have done for various things it could be anywhere from a week to months. With the crashes and such(DLC) I wouldn't want it early just to rush it

Nevadatan

okay. the Xbone has screenshot capability and no a single screenshot has been posted here to show how the game looks emulated. GAF pls

okay. the Xbone has screenshot capability and no a single screenshot has been posted here to show how the game looks emulated. GAF pls

GameDVR is turned off for non-officially released titles, could be that?

I took some for you of the very beginning, enjoy (done with a capture card not GameDVR, PNGs at 1080p)

rulezplayscreenshot20e3zt6.png

rulezplayscreenshot209zaw4.png

rulezplayscreenshot20mozp5.png

rulezplayscreenshot20unoe6.png

The Argus

All i can take away from this thread is that there wont be a hd remaster with upgrades visuals! I guess you cant always win in life lol.

Yeah this seems to seal the deal. Why would they allow bc if they have a remaster to sell. At least that means they aren't using their studios to work on a remaster. Bring on RDR 3.

oh well. that kinda sucks. i thought that was a core feature of the system, not controlled per title basis.

I posted 3 above for you to look at (they get very big so beware)

MS and Sony can both turn capture stuff off whenever they like

Edit: Added a 4th some nice lighting

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Are people holding out hope for a remaster blissfully ignorant of Rockstar having said that they couldn't do a port when asked because the code is an absolute mess?

They could port the assets to the GTAV current gen RAGE engine, since RDR and GTAV use that engine. You're blissfully ignorant if you think it can't be done.

The question is whether they want to. I wouldn't expect anything until a sequel is officially confirmed.

Nevadatan

I posted 3 above for you to look at (they get very big so beware)

MS and Sony can both turn capture stuff off whenever they like

yeah, already noticed, thank you.

also, seems that the emulator upscaled the output from 720p or lower, because i can see some blurriness there.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Just going by other MS tests we know people have done for various things it could be anywhere from a week to months. With the crashes and such(DLC) I wouldn't want it early just to rush it
Just...just pray with me.
Hopefully they will at least announce a date soon, it's easier to wait if you know how long you have to wait for.

My mom has been in town since the news broke. She just left so, I went to download it and couldn't find it. Started reading this thread why and I find my answer
Jordan-Crying.jpg

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
GameDVR is turned off for non-officially released titles, could be that?

I took some for you of the very beginning, enjoy (done with a capture card not GameDVR, PNGs at 1080p)

Seeing those pics make me yearn even more to play RDR in 1080p.

Man....

Top Bottom