• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Xbox 360 BC coming within the next 10 days (free with DS3 preorder)

ekim

Copper

I hope this doesn't hurt our chances of getting a dark souls remaster. I wonder how performance will be.

It was also GwG a long time back, wasn't it? I assume a lot of people will suddenly have it waiting to download on their console without realising why.

YES!

Stopped playing my launch copy of Dark Souls after I killed some magic butterfly on a bridge. Not sure of a particular reason why I stopped but I'd love to start over and give it another go, especially now that I've since gone back and played/finished Demon's Souls.

Ridley327

I wonder if this has a chance at having performance improvements on XB1. I'm sure a lot of console players would love to have a smooth-running Blighttown for a change.

tesqui

Even though I have the superior PC version (after DSfix installed ofcourse) I'm weirdly tempted to check this out. Despite having beat the game 10 times.

bidguy

Banned
BrownGreedyIberianlynx.gif

Nephtes

I cannot imagine Blight Town performance via the emulator right this second... But it will be worse than awful right?

LAA

Yay! May finally beat it now, even though I had it on PC, couldnt make performance very good even with the fix

Dunkley

I cannot imagine Blight Town performance via the emulator right this second... But it will be worse than awful right?

Entirely depends on the bottleneck I guess, correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I remember from the DigitalFoundry analysis the emulator generally performs worse than the original when it comes to CPU intensive situations while generally performing as good or better than the original on GPU intensive situations.

Of course there are always exclusions on both ends, but that's what I remember being said in their BC analysis.

Chris1

I'm curious about the performance too. It was a slideshow at times on original hardware, running it through an emulator and it's going to end up a complete disaster.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
free...what?

you have to pay for other BCs? I hnestly dont know

singhr1

YES! Was hoping to jump back in before DSIII. I just hope performance is at least as good as 360's poor performance especially in places like the New Londo Ruins or Blighttown...

What an interesting coincidence, I tried Dark Souls on my 360 yesterday night and quit after it chugged the frame rate hardcore walking through a seemingly simple area (no massive boss or tons of enemies). I hope it improves a good bit but I suppose I shouldn't keep my hopes up too much.

Man a remaster would make so much sense though..

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you did not previously own the game, then yes you would have to pay.

oh, ok. The thread title made it sound like the act of playing something backwards compatible was something you had to pay for. I guess this just comes with a key for DS1, makes sense

wiibomb

This is a huge incentive IMO..

specially coming from someone who hasn't played the first and is really wanting to do it before 3.

sad that I only have a PS4

Vitacat

Nice perk, but I'm not biting until the XB1 version is confirmed to not have crippled performance compared to PS4. I own both consoles, and usually buy multiplats on PS4 for that reason.

free...what?

you have to pay for other BCs? I hnestly dont know

The GAME is free if you preorder DS3. BC is always free.

Caja 117

Finally, the title I was waiting for, I hope that my saved files are still in the cloud storage, now only Dragon Dogma is the only game keeping me in using Last gen.

mindsale

I am tempted to buy it on XOne over PS4, now, but if Scholar of the First Sin is any indication, Dark Souls III may have a noticeably diminished framerate on XOne.

That and on the XOne emulator, some areas of Dark Souls may well be be unplayable.

Top Bottom