• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Xbox 360 BC coming within the next 10 days (free with DS3 preorder)

Better than DkS2, yes. But not better than Demon's Souls IMO. Atmosphere and difficulty in Demon's Souls are unbeatable in whole Souls franchise ( for now ).
Yeah I love Demon Souls. But I thinking it's infitley worse then Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and even Dark Souls 2. Couldn't get into it the same way I could the other Soulborne games.

Finalow

I wouldn't recommend to play the console version at this point, but if you are pre-ordering DkS3 and for some strange reason you haven't played the first one yet, definitely give the game a try.
then play the pc dsfix version

Whats next, are we gonna post that Matthewmatosis video and start the cycle anew?

-
you forgot people posting ''dark souls 2 hitboxes are garbage'' gifs, or the beautiful responses like ''it clearly was a design choice!"

regardless, From has been very consistent in delivering great dlcs so, season pass or not, I'm expecting the same thing to happen with this game.

Dunkley

Blighttown was GPU heavy because From Software used too many light source in that area (although why this is a resource hog I don't know since it was running a defered renderer), they should have culled the lights far ahead because they provided no purpose as they were dim enough to not matter.

Then there's hopefully performance improvements to look forward to, thanks for explaining it!

Hypron

Yeah I love Demon Souls. But I thinking it's infitley worse then Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and even Dark Souls 2. Couldn't get into it the same way I could the other Soulborne games.

I wouldn't say it's infinitely worse but it's also my least favourite. Still a great game though.

Blighttown was GPU heavy because From Software used too many light source in that area (although why this is a resource hog I don't know since it was running a defered renderer), they should have culled the lights far ahead because they provided no purpose as they were dim enough to not matter.

But wasn't the PS3's GPU a little bit worse than the 360s? The game performs better there than on the 360 so maybe im missing something.

Pajamas

Does this mean you will have access to the game on Xbox One if you already purchased the game digitally on the 360? The phrasing in that announcement makes it seem like you only get it if you pre-order Dark Souls 3...

.la1n

Does this mean you will have access to the game on Xbox One if you already purchased the game digitally on the 360? The phrasing in that announcement makes it seem like you only get it if you pre-order Dark Souls 3...

Yes you'll have access if you already own it. The codes are for the original 360 digital license, nothing more.

They mean the code will ship 7-10 days after DS3 launches.

I don't think they mean the code will ship a week after DS3 launches, but rather that it will ship a week after you pay for it. At least I hope so, and I hope the BC launches at around the same time (because that isn't a guarantee just because the code is sent out), because I've never gotten to play Dark Souls 1.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm not preordering Dark Souls 3 digitally but will a physical copy of the game be backwards compatable anytime soon or is this just digital?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I wonder if this has a chance at having performance improvements on XB1. I'm sure a lot of console players would love to have a smooth-running Blighttown for a change.
Considering even the PC version struggles to run Blighttown I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Top Bottom