• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Xbox 360 BC coming within the next 10 days (free with DS3 preorder)

I hope this doesn't hurt our chances of getting a dark souls remaster. I wonder how performance will be.

Yeah, I want a remaster on PS4 / XB1 at some point.

The season pass also confirmed two DLCs coming to DS3.

tQno2QG.png

Sweeeeeeeet

Red Hood

Banned
Seeing as how an emulation doesn't make it run any better (at least in my limited knowledge), I don't know if I should congratulate or warn XBO owners.

eh, i guess this is good but the 360 version of DS was already the worst performing of the lot and 360 emulation has been pretty iffy at times. I guess this is still better than not getting a free game with your preorder, though

Noobcraft

Seeing as how an emulation doesn't make it run any better (at least in my limited knowledge), I don't know if I should congratulate or warn XBO owners.
Fallout 3 runs better in BC than on the 360. Dark Souls ran terribly on 360/PS3 so I hope it can't get worse lol.

OK Sony, do your move and bring to PS4 Demon's Souls + Dark Souls - ReDie Edition

No way this ever happens.

A separate Demon's Souls remaster needs to happen though. And hopefully Bandai Namco will release a new version of DS1 separately on current gen systems as well.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The DLC isn't in the Matthewmatosis video.

And 'the cycle' was a dumb idea.

I was just making a joke about how threads where people disagree on DS2 usually go down :lol. All in all, I hope the DLC is something everyone enjoys.

nOoblet16

Entirely depends on the bottleneck I guess, correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I remember from the DigitalFoundry analysis the emulator generally performs worse than the original when it comes to CPU intensive situations while generally performing as good or better than the original on GPU intensive situations.

Of course there are always exclusions on both ends, but that's what I remember being said in their BC analysis.

Blighttown was GPU heavy because From Software used too many light source in that area (although why this is a resource hog I don't know since it was running a defered renderer), they should have culled the lights far ahead because they provided no purpose as they were dim enough to not matter.

Blighttown was GPU heavy because From Software used too many light source in that area (although why this is a resource hog I don't know since it was running a defered renderer), they should have culled the lights far ahead because they provided no purpose as they were dim enough to not matter.

I wonder if it will perform better on XB1 then. I may have misunderstood Digital Foundry but I was under the impression that processes that tax the GPU performed better on XB1 (which is why many cutscenes in games run better on the emulator) while CPU intensive moments were hard for the Xbox One to keep up with and cause dips in the framerate.

I'll be playing my GwG copy when the BC is up. I hope this sets a trend for more retail Bandai Namco games coming to BC. Pls, Beautiful Katamari and Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia and...

This is neat. I actually bought the digital version during one sale so I guess I can play it now on the xb one.

About the concerns of it being a little bit choppy in Blightown, it actually depends a little bit on whether or not you had it installed in your HD. I can't say about how it is compared to the ps3 version, but in the case of DSII the 360 version runs better than the ps3 one.

J_Viper

Great deal, but I'm not confident in Dark Souls running well through the emulator, or even DS3's performance on Xbone for that matter

I don't trust like that.

Nazo

That's awesome! I never did pick up the Artorias of the Abyss DLC for the game so I guess now is a good a time as any.

DedValve

Banned
I wonder if it will perform better on XB1 then. I may have misunderstood Digital Foundry but I was under the impression that processes that tax the GPU performed better on XB1 (which is why many cutscenes in games run better on the emulator) while CPU intensive moments were hard for the Xbox One to keep up with and cause dips in the framerate.

Plot twist: the entire game runs like blightown except blightown which runs at 60fps.

Finally I get to play Artorias of the Abyss! Will absolutely be replaying this in preparation of Dark Souls 3.

Kudo

Are the pre-orders already online on Xbox Live? When will pre-orders open on Steam and PSN?

Also great that DS1 gets some BC love.

Mmmh DS1 BC will come at a later stage then anyway or? I really want to support From by buying the collectors edition as usual...

After enjoying dark souls with durante fix on pc, it would be hard to play this on console, and the only possible positive would be a higher player count on Xbox? Or would the pc version still have higher numbers?

Top Bottom