• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

I got 5 Omegas in my 70 min of Raid Time. I jumped from lvl 194-204.

BTW: I can already see that y'all weren't kidding about the EXP-Ratio jump post 200. AP costs are gonna hurt going forward.

CRS

Yeah not bothering with the Raids too much since I level up with one Omega fight still. Been getting 3 stars on all the Story levels first to get as much value as I can out of my AP right now.

Crazy how I have party members with 3/4 million Lux legitimately because of this event lol.

The_Kid

So like, Are Tifa or Jimminy Cricket any good? I'm thinking I need to expand my keyblades so my Treasure one isn't the go-to, but I like don't have any good speed or magic medals besides a single king mickey and a completely buffed stitch.

So like, Are Tifa or Jimminy Cricket any good? I'm thinking I need to expand my keyblades so my Treasure one isn't the go-to, but I like don't have any good speed or magic medals besides a single king mickey and a completely buffed stitch.

Tifa yes, Jiminy no. Cure is outclassed by similar medals, and for the most part healing is unnecessary anyways.

You're better off grinding for Selphie if you want a decent magic medal.

CRS

This is from what I've read here but Cure will be pretty valuable as the game progresses.

New Deal with a Discount

Limited-Time Big Deal

XVPbTih.jpg

Campaign Period: May 6, 2016 12:00 a.m. to May 12, 2016 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time)

This week’s Big Deal gets you 10 Medals for only 2,250 Jewels, a whopping 25% off the usual price of 3,000 Jewels!

But wait, there's more! You’ll also get a bonus Huey, Dewey, and Louie Medal that you can use to give another Medal a massive amount of experience points!

6V2eSeH.png

Hmm I don't really understand how does outfits works. Do I have to equip them to get the benefits or does earning them and levelling up them give me the benefits? Does this game have a ending?

RalchAC

Hmm I don't really understand how does outfits works. Do I have to equip them to get the benefits or does earning them and levelling up them give me the benefits? Does this game have a ending?

You don't need to equip outfits in order to get its boosts. So just skip whatever you think looks cooler.

The game should have an ending, but I doubt we will get there anytime soon. Unchained X is one of those F2P games as a service things. You will new content every few weeks.

If you just want to know the story, wait for 2.8 or something. There are over 250 quests available and there are like 2 minutes of interesting story bits.

You don't need to equip outfits in order to get its boosts. So just skip whatever you think looks cooler.

The game should have an ending, but I doubt we will get there anytime soon. Unchained X is one of those F2P games as a service things. You will new content every few weeks.

If you just want to know the story, wait for 2.8 or something. There are over 250 quests available and there are like 2 minutes of interesting story bits.
Oh thanks. Then I will just upgrade everything then. Will the bonus stack for male and female outfits? I will most likely buy 2.8 or YouTube the cut scene for the story, meanwhile I will play this game until I am bored. Seem simple so far, swap or tap until enemies are dead. If not dead, level up and try again. Still good production budget and great music will make the game last for a while I think.

RalchAC

Oh thanks. Then I will just upgrade everything then. Will the bonus stack for male and female outfits? I will most likely buy 2.8 or YouTube the cut scene for the story, meanwhile I will play this game until I am bored. Seem simple so far, swap or tap until enemies are dead. If not dead, level up and try again. Still good production budget and great music will make the game last for a while I think.

Yeah.

You don't need to buy the cosmetic changes of the gender you are not using.

Hope you enjoy your time with the game!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yoooo 10 pull for 2250

Nice if you just started out and need some medals for your teams - but people who have been playing since Week 1 are better of waiting for new/stronger medals to be released.

Kinsei

Banned
Yoooo 10 pull for 2250

Eh, It's about the same as doing the daily every day for four days and if you have gotten any half decent medals then it's better to save your jewels. I'm currently sitting on over 5k jewels waiting for something to spend them on.

creid

Finally got to level 199 last night. I don't think I have the heart to grind much past that. Will probably just do the new story and take a break for a while.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Blue medals seem terrible in comparison to green and red.
Aside from Auron it doesn't seem like any have decent attacks. Guess I could use Minnie as a healer.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Blue medals seem terrible in comparison to green and red.
Aside from Auron it doesn't seem like any have decent attacks. Guess I could use Minnie as a healer.

I would disagree! I'm just waiting to evolve one more of my 5* and my blue team will be almost as good as my red team!

E: Blue team total power = 76035, Red = 77357. My green team is lacking, but I blame medal draws.

cvC175d.png

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I would disagree! I'm just waiting to evolve one more of my 5* and my blue team will be almost as good as my red team!

E: Blue team total power = 76035, Red = 77357. My green team is lacking, but I blame medal draws.

cvC175d.png

I don't care much for the solid color teams. Trying to fit the last slot of my rainbow.

FjQZAFn.jpg

Seems to be between Yuna and Minnie as I will have the cost to finish it out tonight.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Why not? Mono teams = max raid boss damage.

I still have all the keyblades maxed (other than colleseum) and they are slotted with enough medals to give roughly 70k-75k power. That's fine for raid bosses.

With raid bosses it doesn't matter as much because I just repeatedly attack them till they croak.

Starlight is the go-to for missions and colleseum IMO. Can get loads more power by cherry picking the best from each category.

Primus

Nice if you just started out and need some medals for your teams - but people who have been playing since Week 1 are better of waiting for new/stronger medals to be released.

^^^^^^^

This right here. If you're new, awesome, go for it. If not, hang on to your jewels and resist Squeenix's attempts to separate you from them.

Boogiepop

Am I correct in understanding that with costumes+leveling that the max keyblade cost is 183?
Assuming the list I looked at was correct and also that level 250 is still the cap, I believe it should be 198 (aka frustratingly just short of being able to have full 6s with 3 medals full of Cids)

Thursday in NA.

I still have all the keyblades maxed (other than colleseum) and they are slotted with enough medals to give roughly 70k-75k power. That's fine for raid bosses.

With raid bosses it doesn't matter as much because I just repeatedly attack them till they croak.

Starlight is the go-to for missions and colleseum IMO. Can get loads more power by cherry picking the best from each category.

What the hell are you doing with that KH Sora A or B lol

Psxphile

Finally completed every single objective up to the latest story missions. All of them. I've completed all... and almost all of them were the 'kill everything on 1 turn' I kept sleeping on.

Thanks to Falk and the others for Raid boss spawn tips, counting up the number of heartless I beat on each mission and then getting Queen Bee to spawn just before my AP ran out meant I had a good rhythm going all day: meeting objectives, leveling up during Raid fights, meeting objectives, etc.

Almost to the magic 2-0-0.

EDIT: halloween santa sora outfit get
EDIT: welp, zootopia event completely cleared, time to concentrate on coliseum until the next promo event comes out

Pangya

Assuming the list I looked at was correct and also that level 250 is still the cap, I believe it should be 198 (aka frustratingly just short of being able to have full 6s with 3 medals full of Cids)

I think 183 is correct. I'm level 235 right now and my max cost is 183. I stopped getting cost nodes around 215 I believe.

Pangya

Are you getting Cids instead of cost nodes?

Here's the list of Cids from 215 onwards:

215 - 2 Cids (1 from M and 1 from F)
220 - 2 Cids (1 from M and 1 from F)
225 - 6 Cids (3 from M and 3 from F)
230 - 2 Cids (1 from M and 1 from F)
235 - 6 Cids (3 from M and 3 from F)

Boogiepop

I think 183 is correct. I'm level 235 right now and my max cost is 183. I stopped getting cost nodes around 215 I believe.
Damn, that sucks. Anyone know if Japan has gotten any more cost, or if we'll get any more in the future? Sucks that it sounds like you largely need to fill up medals with Cids to have full 6s. Especially because it makes it so hard to switch in new medals...

Kinsei

Banned
I finished quest 275 and now I think it's time for me to guilt a medal of each element. Wakka, Stitch, and Yuna are good picks, yeah?

If I see Agrabah in KH3 I'm gonna scream.

AwShucks

I didn't realize how much benefit those jewel avatar boards had. Just grabbed the first two. Might be able to have two 6* now.

Here's the list of Cids from 215 onwards:

215 - 2 Cids (1 from M and 1 from F)
220 - 2 Cids (1 from M and 1 from F)
225 - 6 Cids (3 from M and 3 from F)
230 - 2 Cids (1 from M and 1 from F)
235 - 6 Cids (3 from M and 3 from F)

Woah that is a decent amount of cids. Thanks for that info

Damn, that sucks. Anyone know if Japan has gotten any more cost, or if we'll get any more in the future? Sucks that it sounds like you largely need to fill up medals with Cids to have full 6s. Especially because it makes it so hard to switch in new medals...
Totally agree, hope a special quest is introduced that rewards cids.

CRS

If you reset the game during a level, does it reset the enemies that spawn?

Looking for a Pretender to drop.

also

Banned
PSA: Gift=/= trash. The king Mickey you're given during the tutorial has better stats than Auron. At level 100:
Mickey: 2,19x, 6549 att, 6706 def
Auron; 1,99x, 6739 att, 6333 def
Auron does have a slightly higher attack so his taps and swipes will do more damage but Mickey's special has a much higher multiplier. Guilt is the same (20-50%).

Falk

that puzzling face
PSA: Free=/= trash. The free king Mickey has better stats than Auron. At level 100:
Mickey: 2,19x, 6549 att, 6706 def
Auron; 1,99x, 6739 att, 6333 def
Auron does have a slightly higher attack so his taps and swipes will do more damage but Mickey's special has a much higher multiplier. Guilt is the same (20-50%).

Kinda misleading. Most people associate free with the farmable medals. King Mickey is a starter/tutorial reward, not a farmable medal. But yes, it's a great medal in an otherwise struggling color.

also

Banned
Kinda misleading. Most people associate free with the farmable medals. King Mickey is a starter/tutorial reward, not a farmable medal. But yes, it's a great medal in an otherwise struggling color.

Edited my post so it's more clear, though I doubt anyone would have been confused or misled.

Zebei

It is far too late to post this but I'll do it anyway!

Spots opening up in GAF Guild Oblivion, please let me know if interested.

While I love being in a party called "ORganiationXIII" and having a bunch of people in black coats, I wouldn't mind an invite.

I would prefer a GAF community than some random one TBH

You probably have better friend medals anyway

ID: 17019
Name is the same as here.

Don't worry, there's plenty of Black Coated Avatars in the group. :p

And yet you rarely wear one!!

While I love being in a party called "ORganiationXIII" and having a bunch of people in black coats, I wouldn't mind an invite.

I would prefer a GAF community than some random one TBH

You probably have better friend medals anyway

ID: 17019
Name is the same as here.

Let me take a look!

Top Bottom