• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Not worried players will play MW: Remastered more than Infinite Warfare

Activision deciding to bring back Call of Duty 4 came from hearing fan feedback, and with Infinity Ward’s new title coming this year, it was the perfect time to do so.

“We’ve heard the community loud and clear the last couple of years,” said Rob Kostich. We thought it would be a perfect opportunity to celebrate Call of Duty and the community, where we’re going and where we’ve been and bring it together in one package. From an overall offering, an overall value proposition, I think what we’re giving to the community this year is frankly unprecedented in Call of Duty history”.

Kostich said that the team at Activision is not worried about players playing Modern Warfare Remastered more than Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Infinity Ward’s studio head, Dave Stohl, also made that point in the interview, stating that players get two different games in one bundle.

“It was important for us to be authentic to what fans want,” Kostich told me. He isn’t worried that players may spend more time playing more Modern Warfare multiplayer than Infinite Warfare. “We’re thrilled they’re going to be playing a lot of Call of Duty this year,” he says.

“If you think about it, basically they scratch two different itches,” Stohl adds. ”You’re gonna scratch the kind of more nostalgia Modern Warfare itch with the remaster, but all the kinda cool new stuff in Infinite Warfare is really exciting too. Obviously the Infinite Warfare experience is big with all the new bells and whistles, but it’ll be fun to go back to Modern Warfare multiplayer as well.”
http://charlieintel.com/2016/05/03/...ayers-playing-mw-remastered-infinite-warfare/

I would imagine that if MWR ends up with a ton of players, they'll sell more remade maps for it, which is why they're not worried.

Olengie

lol. Obviously they would be playing Call of Duty more than usual this year.

They're releasing two titles after all

Elitist1945

Activision: Not worried that they'll be making more money so people can play CoD 4

I'm buying it for CoD 4

Kalentan

So, guessing this is going to be about as well as the other thread right? Echo chamber?

Well regardless, it will be nice to revisit CoD:MW SP.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Of course not. Because you're still tied to Infinite Warfare to do so. Why would they give a fuck which game you play if you're buying the one they want you to buy?

Jerks.

Welfare

It's true. CoD4 was popular, back in 2007-09. Tens of millions got their fill on the multiplayer and campaign. This is a love letter to old fans.

Everyone else? They want the new CoD. The one with space combat and zombies and new killstreaks and new ways to kick ass.

Kalentan

It's true. CoD4 was popular, back in 2007-09. Tens of millions got their fill on the multiplayer and campaign. This is a love letter to old fans.

Everyone else? They want the new CoD. The one with space combat and zombies and new killstreaks and new ways to kick ass.

Wrong. The vast majority don't want space CoD. That's why AW and Black Ops 3 sold very little and barely have anyone playing them. Those youtube dislikes are totally representative of the entire CoD fanbase. The other thread told me so.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Rob Kotick, Rob Kostich...

They are cloning him.

Then why aren't they selling it separately?

Uh because they'd lose sales?

Think about what you just wrote for a minute.

Of course not. Because you're still tied to Infinite Warfare to do so. Why would they give a fuck which game you play if you're buying the one they want you to buy?

Jerks.

It is a disingenuous response, isn't it? lol

Lillie

“We’ve heard the community loud and clear the last couple of years,”

ok.. then make cod remastered able to purchase separately.... since that's what everyone wants

Welfare

Wrong. The vast majority don't want space CoD. That's why AW and Black Ops 3 sold very little and barely have anyone playing them. Those youtube dislikes are totally representative of the entire CoD fanbase. The other thread told me so.

You know, I read the first 3 sentences, hit quote, and then read the rest. Almost got me.

Why would they care? People are going to buy the 80$ bundle they're going to sell if they want to play MW:R, me included. So in which ever way you're looking at it, you're going to buy Infinite Warfare.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Because people will pay $80 to play a remastered version of CoD4 with 10 maps.

Well people are going to pay the money regardless. I mean oh well. Im doing it

Yup, guilty as charged.
Even worse, I'd pay even more if I had to. One of those cases where the value far far far exceeds the price for me personally. I'll happily dish out another $80 come Infinite Warfare 2 + Modern Warfare 2 remaster.
And I'll have no problem buying the other maps when they release them as DLC.

1 month.

That's how long I give it before MWR is available to all.

Jup, but I think it will be as DLC for the game, not standalone. If they sell it for 10 euro at some point in a few months, it would thrive the (used game) sales for the base game even more.

It's a genius move by Activision, they can make a cheap yearly remaster and make even more money with COD.

I am not touching Infinite to gain access to COD 4 - as much as they'd like me too. Get fucked Activision. We all know that they know that everyone is sick of future soldier bullshit - AW & BOP III being a new low point in the franchise (IMO) and thats why they are trying to "sweeten" the pill and get everyone to buy into infinite because of the COD 4 remaster - at 70 quid ? thanks but I'll wait.

Wolfe

Lol.

"Of course we don't care if they play MWR more than IW, we're forcing them to buy IW just to own MWR after all, THEY'VE ALREADY PAID FOR THE GAME AT THAT POINT, THEY CAN THROW IT AWAY FOR ALL WE CARE AHAHAHA."

At least that's what I'm reading as a non CoD player :p

Anarky

Banned
Wait how do people know that the new COD is $80? I've been seeing it bandied around but I can't find the source.

Kalentan

Wait how do people know that the new COD is $80? I've been seeing it bandied around but I can't find the source.

It's $60, however the edition that comes with MW is $80.

You know, I read the first 3 sentences, hit quote, and then read the rest. Almost got me.

It's quite true, at least they would have you believe in the other thread. It's almost becoming crazy how in that thread they act all high and mighty, as though they're the "true" fans and that they speak for the entire fanbase. It's crazy.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
If they thought that, they would not be locking the game behind IW special edition

Exactly, because they are worried a big portion of people want to buy and play MW Remastered over the new sci-fi trite sequel

But this is about playerbase not sales. If they can get you to pay for Infinite Warfare just for you to play MWR then that's a win for them.

Boke1879

The only reason they aren't selling it on it's own is because there is a large segment of the their userbase that will essentially pay $80. It'll drive profits and they know it. They aren't scared it's just all about money.

Then a few months down the line they'll probably put it up digitally for people to buy.

Anarky

Banned
So how long until we hear about the Cod fanbase organizing a boycott until they seperate them before immediately caving in launch day and buying it?

IISANDERII

"All the cool new stuff"

Yea they really target the pre-teen audience don't they?

giphy.gif

Bolivar687

Banned
I'm literally going to pick up my pre-order, tear off the shrinkwrap, pop open the case, remove the download code insert, and hand the case back to them to trade it in.

Hip Hop

Although I stii play COD4 and WAW, I'll say alot of people will end up playing the Remaster for nostalgic sake for a few, and will either stop playing the game together, or continue playing the newer installments like Infinite Warfare or BLOPS 3.

I'm willing to think most of these new and old players alike are accustomed to the more modern games now in days with more customization/weapons/movements.

And yeah, no way they won't offer a standalone after a few months of release.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Waiting for the eventual standalone release. Not touching IW with an infinitely long pole.

N-Forced

Neo Member
Considering they now get two sales instead of just one, if I was them I wouldn’t be worried either. The only money from me they might possibly get is when they release MW Remastered stand alone 3 months later.

I-hate-u

Am I the only one who feels bad for IW? Yeah, go ahead, use the wipetearswithmoney.gif, but their 3 year in development game will be completely overlooked by a remaster of their own game that came out pretty much a decade ago.

This should have been IW's bounce back game after MW3 and Ghosts.

Top Bottom