• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Not worried players will play MW: Remastered more than Infinite Warfare

Why? Why did you need to go do that? Is it me liking the games suddenly an issue? If I were in this thread, bitching about the games and joining in with all of you. No one would bat an eye, yet as soon as I object and say I like the game, suddenly I'm the bad guy?

I'd honestly put it quite low myself if I had to list the series out. The campaign was a disappointment coming off of AW and Black Ops 2.

Da Fuq ? - you're about one post away from me losing my sense of humour. You trolling me perhaps ?

alexbull_uk

Also, people pining for a return to boots on the ground COD games should take a look at Ghosts. That's what happened when the series didn't make any strides forward and it was justifiably criticised.

The biggest issue with Ghosts wasn't the fact it made no major strides though.

It ran like crap on PS4, looked like crap on Xbone, and the maps were, on the whole, poorly designed.

The core gameplay loop was actually pretty enjoyable. It's the maps that really killed Ghosts for me.

Hip Hop

I just don't understand why 10 of the 20 maps are playable. Like, why?

Because some of those maps were trash

Most likely because they remade everything, which is extra work and time, and it only costs $20 if you add-in Infinite Warfare price. And I'm assuming they would like to keep some to sell DLC later? idk.

Da Fuq ? - you're about one post away from me losing my sense of humour. You trolling me perhaps ?

I don't see what's wrong with the comment, the hate for the series is hyperbolic.

Catvoca

Banned
I actually did try Ghosts during the Black Ops 3 beta and already being deep into AW. It felt very refreshing to play a more methodical game where you have to migrate with your team around different parts of a map, using situational awareness to survive.

I think it failed because they were developing a game on six platforms across two and a half generations of hardware. They didn't have enough time to polish the visuals or game design, leading to an unappealing presentation and rough gameplay.

It still shipped with more content than Black Ops 3.

Black Ops 3's campaign is bad but your last point is like objectively wrong. Black Ops 3 had 2 different campaigns, zombies, Dead ops arcade + multiplayer.

Kalentan

Why would I be trolling you? I should be asking you, do you think this is all a joke? I don't know how you want me to respond to you now. I'm honestly kind of insulted that you would think me a possible troll, just for taking issues with what others have said?

It's not like people need to love the game, it's not like I want every single person to be happy with the way the series is going. No one is ever going to be. It's just that it's tiring to see, every thread about IW, becoming a vitrol echo chamber of those who decided the game is terrible, without even playing it, and just go on and on about how they hope it fails and that MW:R is a huge success.

Metfanant

I mean you can play it but still jank
are you sure you understand how that word is used?...say what you want...but there is nothing about CoD's basic gameplay that is jank...

OK, you like BOS III - we get it.. Now chill
thats not really his point...as always, the hyperbole here is obnoxious...

It literally has the worst CoD campaign. That's just my opinion though.

storyline sucked? absolutely...but the gameplay is very solid

They're definitely not worried about people playing MW Remastered more than Infinite Warfare. At that point they've already got your $80 bucks, so it's really no loss to them. This is also going to keep CoD stable year-over-year in sales compared to Blops3 since MW is so revered.

TheChamp

I think most people like me are thinking its buying CoD 4 and getting a free piece of crap that will never been played....

You just know Activision are going to lock the remaster to requiring the IW disc to stop people buying the bundle and selling IW right after

Why would I be trolling you? I should be asking you, do you think this is all a joke? I don't know how you want me to respond to you now. I'm honestly kind of insulted that you would think me a possible troll, just for taking issues with what others have said?

It's not like people need to love the game, it's not like I want every single person to be happy with the way the series is going. No one is ever going to be. It's just that it's tiring to see, every thread about IW, becoming a vitrol echo chamber of those who decided the game is terrible, without even playing it, and just go on and on about how they hope it fails and that MW:R is a huge success.

Jesus - i'm not arguing with some bell-end i've never met about a video game - go get a girlfriend or something you fucking sad individual

etta

my hard graphic balls
Black Ops 3 is downright unplayable?

Okay, yeah. I can't take the MW:R warriors seriously anymore. I just can't. Holy shit the hyperbole is so real right now.

Like, I get it, the story wasn't good and the level design was sub-par, but between you calling it unplayable and another saying that it's the worst MP they've ever played... I just can't. This is getting insane.

Did you not read the "for me" part right before the parentheses?
I literally could not drag my attention through it. I could not progress past the second or third mission, the one with with train I believe.
So yes, unplayable.

Sini

I bet they aren't worried because they included micro transactions for COD points in MW too so they won't lose potential money from that.

Catvoca

Banned
The biggest issue with Ghosts wasn't the fact it made no major strides though.

It ran like crap on PS4, looked like crap on Xbone, and the maps were, on the whole, poorly designed.

The core gameplay loop was actually pretty enjoyable. It's the maps that really killed Ghosts for me.

I thought its staleness was a huge part of why it failed for me. Its campaign would be fine if I hadn't played the same thing but better like 5 times over, and while it's multiplayer maps were bad, so were Modern warfare 3's and that game got a pretty good reception at launch. People like to make fun of COD for being the same game every year but Ghosts was the first one to really live up to that reputation.

Bolivar687

Banned
Black Ops 3's campaign is bad but your last point is like objectively wrong. Black Ops 3 had 2 different campaigns, zombies, Dead ops arcade + multiplayer.

Ghosts had Campaign, Extinction (zombies), Safehouse (horde), Squads, and multiplayer.

Also game modes =/= content. Black Ops 3 shipped with fewer maps and fewer multiplayer weapons than any other Call of Duty ever released.

Kalentan

Jesus - i'm not arguing with some bell-end i've never met about a video game - go get a girlfriend or something you fucking sad individual

Wow... Holy shit. I never even insulted you or anything! For a guy who told me to chill... Maybe take your own advice. Jesus.

Nowise10

I've mentioned it before, but every remake I can remember in the past decade just end up being nostalgia trips that don't ever last like the good old days when it first was out. I would be completely surprised if MW Remaster had a bigger population then IW at any point in time.

lmao.

Catvoca

Banned
Ghosts had Campaign, Extinction (zombies), Safehouse (horde), Squads, and multiplayer.

Also game modes =/= content. Black Ops 3 shipped with fewer maps and fewer multiplayer weapons than any other Call of Duty ever released.
Lol, Ghosts shipped with 14 Maps, Black ops 3 with 13. Not much of a difference. As far as I can tell they have a similar number of weapons too.

Edit: should say Black Ops 3 also has a horde mode, and it's campaign has a whole progression system to it that Ghosts doesn't. Really I don't see how you could say Blops 3 doesn't have as much content as Ghosts. Some of it's bad, sure, but it's there.

What the heck is even going on right now? You're on a video game forum discussing a video game, and you're getting this upset that he disagrees with you? What? He's not even being rude about it. Lol.

AHA-Lambda

More than anything I think ATVI must be worried about Infinite now MWR, not only by the inclusion of putting in MWR into the package in the first place, then not selling it solo, but also the fact that they're letting it dominate the conversation right now.

A new CoD just got shown off and no one is actually talking about that at all.
I mean let's face it, new IW have frequently shat the bed now, and the game getting all the buzz isn't even made by them.

Heck, the reveal trailer was uncharacteristically boring for a CoD vid =/

Bolivar687

Banned
Lol, Ghosts shipped with 14 Maps, Black ops 3 with 13. Not much of a difference. As far as I can tell they have a similar number of weapons too.

So first I'm objectively wrong, now I'm only sorta right. Thanks for begrudgingly agreeing with me, I guess.

I've mentioned it before, but every remake I can remember in the past decade just end up being nostalgia trips that don't ever last like the good old days when it first was out. I would be completely surprised if MW Remaster had a bigger population then IW at any point in time.

p1_2038061_8f1731d8.jpg.cf.jpg

Your line of thinking simply does not translate to online games.

Catvoca

Banned
So first I'm objectively wrong, now I'm only sorta right. Thanks for begrudgingly agreeing with me, I guess.

Because it has 1 less map it has less content, even though it has more modes, many of which are longer and more involved than Ghosts? Alright then.

AHA-Lambda

lmao.

well it won't physically be possible if the game is only included in the $80+ LE right?

Duxxy3

If they have to make a statement about this a day after first showing IW, then they are obviously worried about it.

Massa

If they have to make a statement about this a day after first showing IW, then they are obviously worried about it.

I think they were just answering questions. They're worried about people playing Titanfall 2 or Battlefield 5 instead of CoD, not about people paying $80 for their games this year.

Hip Hop

I feel so sorry for the passonate Infinity Ward developers who naively think this is the case.

I mean, tbh. I wouldn't call CS:GO a remake.

It's a new installment in the series.

And it's just so far out as to what games are doing these days, it's a completely different business model.

VariantX

I just don't understand why 10 of the 20 maps are playable. Like, why?

Because they're remade from the ground up with new lighting, new textures, new geometry, new player models, reworked sounds, practically everything you see visually is new because none of the old assets hold up. They do this while having to release along with a full campaign for the orignal game. About the only thing that will be the same is the layouts and the settings of each map thats brought over. And thats along side a brand new game with its own multiplayer modes. Even Activision doesn't have infinite time, manpower and budget to port all of the maps.

I haven't bought a CoD since Black Ops 2, and I'll be buying this one, all for Modern Warfare Remaster.

Packaging them together is a smart move.

M2C3

Neo Member
From a business PoV, this is a home run. It's guaranteed money for Acti's shareholders (every CoD is I know but now it's $80 instead of $60). And you know what Acti is gonna do with DLC? They gonna bundle 1 or 2 MW remastered maps in IW DLC every 3 months to get people to buy DLC or the season pass. It's a no-brainer.

Activision are smart muthafucka's

Bolivar687

Banned
I mean, tbh. I wouldn't call CS:GO a remake.

It's a new installment in the series.

And it's just so far out as to what games are doing these days, it's a completely different business model.

Counter-Strike Go was conceived to reinstate much of the details of the original game, with the express intent of undoing some of the changes brought by Source. At launch, the developer tried introducing new game modes and keeping them together with new maps and these were largely ignored as the players both new and old coalesced around the classic offerings. Even today, every playlist has original CS maps as their anchor and some continue to exclusively rotate classic CS maps.

This must sound strange for console gamers, where the ecosystem is subsidized by new, disposable experiences. But PC is rife with mega hits preserving classic gameplay with a fresh coat of paint, exactly like MWR. If Activision is smart, they'll let Raven bring out those other 10 maps and keep the community engaged with patches and new content.

They'll likely make more money there than they ever could with Infinite Warfare.

Raptor

After running on walls and sliding all over the place I cant go back to this garbage.

You can keep it Activision, keep IW too while you are it.

Bishop89

Sell it separately Activision!!!

I don't want MWR player count to suffer coz it was locked behind infinite warfare!

M2C3

Neo Member
Counter-Strike Go was conceived to reinstate much of the details of the original game, with the express intent of undoing some of the changes brought by Source. At launch, the developer tried introducing new game modes and keeping them together with new maps and these were largely ignored as the players both new and old coalesced around the classic offerings. Even today, every playlist has original CS maps as their anchor and some continue to exclusively rotate classic CS maps.

This must sound strange for console gamers, where the ecosystem is subsidized by new, disposable experiences. But PC is rife with mega hits preserving classic gameplay with a fresh coat of paint, exactly like MWR. If Activision is smart, they'll let Raven bring out those other 10 maps and keep the community engaged with patches and new content.

They'll likely make more money there than they ever could with Infinite Warfare.

Yep good point. Those other 10 maps will be of course be DLC

Varg

Banned
Pretty much. People are overestimating that COD4 effect on players who never played it, which is the majority of COD players now.

You should probably expand your horizons then.

You guys seem to think kids these days are ignorant and stupid to the fact? Once these kids see their older siblings, their favorite YouTube personalities, and the overall word of mouth about how good the og COD is, it WILL have an effect. I guarantee this space marine cod will have a negative stigma throughout its life and I can see activision bundling a remastered cod with every new cod in the future.

All its gonna take is one pewdipie episode for these kids to switch allegiances.

Pein

Banned
I just can't play the call of duty multiplayer anymore, its way too fucking fast and too much shit is happening, I love the way titanfall feels but blackops 3 was way too much.

I even like call of duty I've bought them all since Modern warfare.

Top Bottom