• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Not worried players will play MW: Remastered more than Infinite Warfare

Hasney

giphy.gif

How often have activision said something similar, about this is the only way to get this special item only on sale with the expensive version, then sold it separately at a later date?

Totally. It's like ONLY IN THEATRES on movie trailers. It'll be available seperate after the holiday rush I would think.

Because this will make Infinite Warfare sell alot, if they sell it separately most people would probably jusy buy Mw and not even bothered with IW.

I still think IW would outsell it, but yeah, it would split sales.

EvB

Have they said how much this package is going to be, or is everyone assuming the normal game price?

Call of duty sells millions every year. Why exactly would Acti be worried about the couple hundred thousand who arent interested in IW?

And honestly, im being generous. The amount of people who dont want to play IW at all probably amount to the same amount of people who refuse to play Cod with no dedicated servers.

Ombala

Well that's a lie otherwise they would sell it separately they can even sell it for 40$ and I would rather buy that.

MilkyJoe

Looks like MW2 is next guys & gals.

The amazon link is ;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01E1CCUX2/

But the product detail has now been removed

Here's the Google description

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Trilogy - Amazon.co.uk
https://www.amazon.co.uk/...Call.../B01E1CCUX2
Amazon.com, Inc.
Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered. ASIN: B01E1CCUX2; Release Date: 17 May 2016.

Edit

Japanese Amazon page is still live

https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...fare-Trilogy/dp/B01E1CCUX2&edit-text=&act=url

13116475_10154241217232160_699508081717776789_o.jpg

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
It's true. CoD4 was popular, back in 2007-09. Tens of millions got their fill on the multiplayer and campaign. This is a love letter to old fans.

Everyone else? They want the new CoD. The one with space combat and zombies and new killstreaks and new ways to kick ass.

Yup.

It's true. CoD4 was popular, back in 2007-09. Tens of millions got their fill on the multiplayer and campaign. This is a love letter to old fans.

Everyone else? They want the new CoD. The one with space combat and zombies and new killstreaks and new ways to kick ass.
This is a IW game buddy.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Then why aren't they selling it separately?

They are not worried about players playing more MW1 than Infinite Warfare precisely because of that: by bundling the games together, they are getting the players' money either way, no matter what they want to play.

I'm excited for IW, but yeah; I think it's clear that if they had no worries about it cannibalizing IW sales, they'd have no problem selling it as its own game for 30-40 dollars.

Shady859

Well that's a lie otherwise they would sell it separately they can even sell it for 40$ and I would rather buy that.

Plus they wouldn't be able to tie the other 10 MW MP maps into the Infinite Season Pass....

$20 is way to cheap for what everyone actually wants so they are up to something. Infinite disc required and the season pass crap is my suspicion.

MilkyJoe

Wait so why would I buy IW if this comes with all 3?

well has this been cancelled is the million dollar question...

Maybe IW is so shit that they took MW out of it to bundle with it as a bribe?

Can it be that shit you ask? Ghosts was...

omonimo

Banned
Call of duty sells millions every year. Why exactly would Acti be worried about the couple hundred thousand who arent interested in IW?

And honestly, im being generous. The amount of people who dont want to play IW at all probably amount to the same amount of people who refuse to play Cod with no dedicated servers.
They shouldn't be worried. But they could to make happy their whole audience and not just who want the last COD chapter. So, basically they admitting no one care about the last COD and the only way to have some revenue it's charge the bundle with the COD 4 remaster?
Why they invest on it if they don't believe in the project?
It's fucking disgusting even for them. Wait. For them not at all.

Anarckhy

Neo Member
Back when BO3 was announced, a couple of days later, Activision released a double pack including BO1 and BO2 for the last-gen consoles. Activision, AGAIN, could be doing it this year to release a MW trilogy for last-gen consoles as an compensation for not releasing IW or CODMWR on last-gen. Notice how their is only a MW1/2 combo pack, and not an MW1/2/3 combo pack? So yeah, sorry to burst your bubble, but this could be a high possiblity.

Here's an article from last year describing the same situation: http://charlieintel.com/2015/04/16/...ng-appears-on-best-buy-for-last-gen-consoles/

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Imagine if it's just DLC to IW and not a separate application lol

I'll wait 6 months for the standalone version with all the maps they've excluded from the initial release.

But I figure that, on consoles for sure, people will buy a physical copy, redeem the MW1 download and then trade Infinite back on the same day for a smallish loss and call it the cost of the remaster. I genuinely believe that IW is going to be one of the most traded-in games ever. The crowd wants MW and are mostly reticent about the new one after Blops kind of fell off this year.

Metfanant

I'm actually borderline shocked at how many "Then why not sell it separately" comments there are in this thread...its really an exceptionally easy concept to understand from a business and financial standpoint...

i truly hope this is a real thing, and that all 3 games receive the same level of remastered treatment...i will certainly buy it, even after getting MW:R this fall...

What? I'll admit the last CoD I played was CoD4. I really liked it, but never felt the need to play the next titles. I guess I got my fill with 4.

However, is that true? I had no idea there were zombies in the franchise now. At least the CoDs I played were somewhat based on reality.

GodofWine

I'm squarely in their target with this MW remake, I'm in my late 30s. But there is an entire generation of COD players who never touched it, and would probably find COD4 rather slow and dull.

Activision likely has excellent demographic info showing people like me stopped playing COD, and want to sell me something, but they also have a bunch of rabid 14 yr olds who want to run walls and cheese gravity spikes.

I won't buy it for 20, I'm fried on FPS, but I don't doubt splitting the two up would have minimal impact on sales.

Trup1aya

My take is that they aren't being sold separately because they want to use COD4 to boost IW's sales instead of cannibalize them... Which it probably would've.

So ofcourse they aren't worried... They've taken the steps to make sure they win no matter which game people prefer to play.

I think we will see a MW trilogy announced at some point. After thinking about it, im just going to wait till they release COD4 Remaster on its own. I'm not interested in the slightest for IW.

M2C3

Neo Member
I think we will see a MW trilogy announced at some point. After thinking about it, im just going to wait till they release COD4 Remaster on its own. I'm not interested in the slightest for IW.

I highly doubt we will ever see a MW trilogy pack. Why? Because Acti knows they can sell each one individually (bundled with a new CoD) and make a fuck ton of money.

Why worry? They make money either way.

tbh I would have rather had a MW2 remaster but what can you do.

You'll get your MW2 remaster with Infinite Warfare 2 in 2019, bundled with 10 MP maps of course. Acti will do the exact same thing

Braag

I wish it was possible to buy modern warfare remaster without Infinite Warfare. I'm not interested in the latter and would prefer a lower price for CoD4 only.

Hey, can someone refresh my memory on this?

Was it MW2 or MW3 that had a remaster of CoD1? Forgot which one it was.

I know they sold it separately not long after. I'd expect the same here.

Top Bottom