• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Not worried players will play MW: Remastered more than Infinite Warfare

Of course they are not, they know that a lot people will buy the Legacy edition of Infinite Warfare just to play Modern Warfare remastered

etta

my hard graphic balls
I just can't play the call of duty multiplayer anymore, its way too fucking fast and too much shit is happening, I love the way titanfall feels but blackops 3 was way too much.

I even like call of duty I've bought them all since Modern warfare.
This is true as well. Their recent map design is so terrible and convoluted and everything is so that you can almost always be shot from 3+ directions, +2 more now from above and below with the wallrunning and jet pack jumping...etc. Every room has at least 3 different exits and every area is designed to have multiple paths.
I miss the realistic map designs where you'd have choke points only at one or two locations on the map, generally in the middle or an area where everyone would meet anyway. I miss rooms and hallways with just 1 or 2 entrances/exits/windows. Or wide open areas like Derail where it'd be sniper haven. You can't do that anymore, you can't just sit with your sniper rifle on one part of the map and have sight to half of it.

This is true as well. Their recent map design is so terrible and convoluted and everything is so that you can almost always be shot from 3+ directions, now from above and below with the wallrunning and jet pack jumping...etc. Every room has at least 3 different exits and area is designed to have multiple paths.
I miss the realistic map designs where you'd have choke points only at one or two locations on the map, generally in the middle or an area where everyone would meet anyway. I miss rooms and hallways with just 1 or 2 entrances/exits/windows. Or wide open areas like Derail where it'd be sniper haven. You can't do that anymore, just sit with your sniper rifle on one part of the map and have sight to half of it.

Remember the versatility of Firing Range, or Summitt? Why did they have to speed it up, and dumb the maps down.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Remember the versatility of Firing Range, or Summitt? Why did they have to speed it up, and dumb the maps down.

Yea I can't think of what happened. After Black Ops 1 and Modern Warfare 3, it's like they just didn't know how to design maps anymore. Maybe with new technology and more RAM and what not, they have more resources to add objects and textures and clutter everywhere, so they just want to fill the map with details and objects. It's disappointing.

DMTripper

Jesus - i'm not arguing with some bell-end i've never met about a video game - go get a girlfriend or something you fucking sad individual

Is there any need to be like this?

Anyway I don't think I'll buy the game until the remaster is released separately. If it's not then I won't buy.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Of course they fucking care, otherwise they would have sold that separately.

Bishop89

This is true as well. Their recent map design is so terrible and convoluted and everything is so that you can almost always be shot from 3+ directions, +2 more now from above and below with the wallrunning and jet pack jumping...etc. Every room has at least 3 different exits and every area is designed to have multiple paths.
I miss the realistic map designs where you'd have choke points only at one or two locations on the map, generally in the middle or an area where everyone would meet anyway. I miss rooms and hallways with just 1 or 2 entrances/exits/windows. Or wide open areas like Derail where it'd be sniper haven. You can't do that anymore, you can't just sit with your sniper rifle on one part of the map and have sight to half of it.
Preach brother, so on point.
Even if the gameplay and new equipment additions were great in post Mw2 cods, the maps are so shit it essentially nullifies any "improvements".

Maps are probably the most important thing in a competitive multiplayer shooter.

rafa

Neo Member
The only thing we know is that Modern Warfare Remastered will be provided via a download code included with Infinite Warfare. Imagining a worst-case scenario here, it's entirely possible that MWR will be DLC for IW and only accessible from within IW. My fever dream is that I buy the $80 bundle, and in order to play MWR I have to complete IW's campaign first to "unlock" the remaster.

Olengie

The only thing we know is that Modern Warfare Remastered will be provided via a download code included with Infinite Warfare. Imagining a worst-case scenario here, it's entirely possible that MWR will be DLC for IW and only accessible from within IW. My fever dream is that I buy the $80 bundle, and in order to play MWR I have to complete IW's campaign first to "unlock" the remaster.

Wish it wasn't a Code and was a Disc instead. </3

M2C3

Neo Member
So no work whatsoever in bringing content from one console to the other remaster or not?

I'm not quite following your question. No work as in Raven won't do any work on DLC maps and they will be ported as is into MWR?

The DLC maps will absolutely be updated for MWR. It would be incredibly jarring to go from a remastered map to an un-remastered map after a completed round

rafa

Neo Member
So no work whatsoever in bringing content from one console to the other remaster or not?

I don't think anyone is downplaying the added workload to remaster CoD4. It seems the general consensus is Activision is playing the smart business move in bundling the two games together and not selling the remaster separately, knowing full well that fans of CoD4 will purchase the bundle if they really want to play the game. Many of those who will reluctantly fork over the $80 just to play CoD4 simply wish there was a separate option if they had no interest in Infinite Warfare.

zeemumu

I'll give Infinite Warfare a shot if they put the space battles in the multiplayer, or at least not just have them as a cinematic level.

ar4757

It's true. CoD4 was popular, back in 2007-09. Tens of millions got their fill on the multiplayer and campaign. This is a love letter to old fans.

Everyone else? They want the new CoD. The one with space combat and zombies and new killstreaks and new ways to kick ass.

He's not saying he believes Infinite Warfare will be played more than Modern Warfare. He's saying it doesn't matter to them if it happens, because either way they made a bunch of money. Activision admits it's very well possible COD4 will be played more

Problem is it's tied behind the special edition, but I think once it becomes standalone, this will be the case

Kalentan

I'll give Infinite Warfare a shot if they put the space battles in the multiplayer, or at least not just have them as a cinematic level.

They explained in the interview yesterday and today that you're able to call in the "Jackal", your space jet, during missions, fly up into orbit and fight and then fly back to the surface. So while there maybe missions dedicated to it, you have the choice to enter it in missions.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1214175&highlight=

Hopefully it makes it into MP. That would be awesome.

CamHostage

Am I the only one who feels bad for IW? Yeah, go ahead, use the wipetearswithmoney.gif, but their 3 year in development game will be completely overlooked by a remaster of their own game that came out pretty much a decade ago.

Eh, that's a GAF echo-chamber way of thinking. It may feel like the remake is the game because the vocal voices are saying, "fuck that game, I want the remake", but the new CoD will be the new CoD, and for all of its detractions and stale elements and publisher tomdickery, Infinity Ward and Treyarch still generally make a quality game that has earned its sales (albeit also deserves its slide) and will attract fans.

I'm not sure how far down the sci-fi rabbit hole CoD will go before it loses all of its original WWII/MW fans, (as somebody who only occasionally plays CoD, it's not a setting I enjoy but then again all the awesome techniques added to the gameplay thanks to sci-fi gadgetry makes me more likely to play than the war games,) but IW still has lots and lots of consumers paying attention to its work this year.

Varg

Banned
According to Activision, Black Ops 3 sold significantly better than Ghosts and Advanced Warfare.

Basically proving their point though. Treyarch has the fans where they want them. Infinity ward has had their name tarnished with their last two releases. It's safe to assume people would be hesitant in purchasing an infinity ward product again, thus adding the remaster into the mix to make sure sales meet expectations. If this remaster was never announced, this would have been the most negative cod reveal in recent memory.

pottuvoi

Banned
Why would they be worried.

They own both games and can sell season packs and in-game items for both separately.
Which ever gets the players they can get money out of it.

Kibbles

Shame they aren't selling it separately, I would've bought it for Xbone and PC. Now I'm just getting Xbone to play with my friends.

Digital Code though.

giphy.gif

How often have activision said something similar, about this is the only way to get this special item only on sale with the expensive version, then sold it separately at a later date?

Top Bottom