• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The casting announcements are delicious with the backdrop that they're aiming for a Ferris Bueller type vibe. Is it uncommon that they're in principal photography and yet most of the cast is just reported but not officially confirmed by Marvel yet?

BLACKLAC

The casting announcements are delicious with the backdrop that they're aiming for a John Hughes type vibe. Is it uncommon that they're in principal photography and yet most of the cast is just reported but not officially confirmed by Marvel yet?

fix

icespide

Banned
oh yeah let's go ahead and get these posts out of the way

"ugh another reboot??"

"yay another origin story I can't wait to see uncle Ben die again"

"Sony will fuck this up somehow"

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Is Keaton really gonna play Vulture? Someone correct me if wrong, but I thought the Vulture's whole deal is like, he's battling for his youth or something? If so then who's gonna play Young Keaton?

Is Keaton really gonna play Vulture? Someone correct me if wrong, but I thought the Vulture's whole deal is like, he's battling for his youth or something? If so then who's gonna play Young Keaton?

That was a really brief deal in the 90s. Vulture is pretty much permanently about the whole "crusty old scorned inventor" stuff.

Edwins

Vulture was originally just some guy that really wanted to steal shit so he made a flying suit.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Stick with this shit to yourself.
Everyone who put time into something would be pissed.

Then PM a mod, smarty.

And to be clear that facepalm wasn't against you nor the OP, just the whole situation we have now.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Stick with this shit to yourself.
Everyone who put time into something would be pissed.

Pissed may be a little too much, but just PM a mod or bananafactory with the contents of your thread and I am sure he will add it all and give you credit.

diaspora

She's also all but disappeared. IIRC, she was so hated that they changed their plans for her to be in Mark Waid's Daredevil run and replaced her with an original character (Kirsten McDuffie).

She made no damn sense as a character. She was rude AF like 80% of the time but would swing in the complete opposite direction on a dime.

Would be if Zendaya wasn't in it.

Yeah I don't really care about the children but all the adults in here they've announced so far are great picks. Especially for what will likely be light hearted fare. Martin Starr is a nice surprise as well. Wonder if these guys are gonna be teachers or something

Sou Da

I'm honestly hoping that Zendaya will end up being Chat from Marvel Adventures instead of whatever that post OMD nonsense Michelle is.

G-Bus

Banned
I'm excited. Dont care for any of the ones out already with the most recent two being my moat hated. Could not stand the casting in those films.

With marvel on board this time around I have have no concerns. It's gona be great.

Neoxon

Hopefully we'll get some names for the mystery cast members soon. But given that we still have mystery roles for Guardians Vol. 2 (which just wrapped filming), I'm not getting my hopes up.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Obligatory "Why isn't Tobey Macguire/Andrew Garfield/Shinji Todō starring in this?" and "no, do we have to see Uncle Bob diea gain?" posts.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
To be clear, I was inital just annoyed because I already spend a few hours in research and making scans of books and stuff.

If the thread is here now, thats ok. I was just pissed about the time I already spend. Its completly ok that we have a thread.

If thats still wanted, I can add something, but I hardly have time this week and I am not sure if it would still fit.

I'm interested to see how they do The Vulture (if that is who Keaton is playing).

I'm hoping for Doc Ock levels of pathos and sheer magnetism.

13536_original.jpg

Dude is probably in the top 3 of amazing superhero film villains of all time.

Spinluck

Wonder if Holland will look good in the suit. Apparently he had a body double in CW because I guess he didn't have time to bulk up at that point.

Spinluck

To be clear, I was inital just annoyed because I already spend a few hours in research and making scans of books and stuff.

If the thread is here now, thats ok. I was just pissed about the time I already spend. Its completly ok that we have a thread.

If thats still wanted, I can add something, but I hardly have time this week and I am not sure if it would still fit.

Please do, anything you'd be able to add would be awesome.

It was pretty much CGI in Civil War.

Hmm, I see, thought I might've read that somewhere. Well, I hope he looks good in the suit, I think he'll deliver on the personality.

If you have stuff, just send it to me and I can either add it to the existing OP or even delete all of my stuff and replace it with your post and give you credit.

Again, I apologize. I wasn't aware production threads got claimed, and even then I don't know where I'd go to look for it since it's not in the OT thread. I just saw the article that filming had begun, did a search for an existing thread and there weren't any.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Again, I apologize. I wasn't aware production threads got claimed, and even then I don't know where I'd go to look for it since it's not in the OT thread. I just saw the article that filming had begun, did a search for an existing thread and there weren't any.

Its ok, really :)

She was Parker's crazy roommate that wants to marry him or kill him depending on the day

Tons more fun than MJ

This sounds great, sign me up.

I think we can take a break from Gwen/MJ now but I know they'll eventually want to bring them back...probably want to disassociate themselves from the other films as much as possible to start with.

The casting announcements are delicious with the backdrop that they're aiming for a Ferris Bueller type vibe. Is it uncommon that they're in principal photography and yet most of the cast is just reported but not officially confirmed by Marvel yet?

The cast reporting thing is pretty normal as they are always right if Deadline, Variety, et al. are reporting them. Marvel does't really need to put out a press release confirming the trades because the aforementioned are trusted sources. It's only the characters that get different announcement treatment. GOTG 2 had most of the characters leaked and only Pom being confirmed as Mantis. and that too only by Gunn i.e. not an official Marvel press release. Thor 3 was probably the odd one out with its characters being announced well in advance of its shoot date.

Mariolee

If they are doing it as a "breaking news" style announcement, it is probably something bigger.

Any piece of news is considered "breaking news"? Remember Jenna Malone in BvS? Ended up not being in the actual theatrical release, and then in the ultimate edition it turns out she's a nobody.

I can't imagine him being any bigger of a role than this guy:

tumblr_m7brutoo7E1rn6iyqo3_500.gif

but I sure as hell hope he is. Dude's hilarious and needs more recognition.

Any piece of news is considered "breaking news"? Remember Jenna Malone in BvS? Ended up not being in the actual theatrical release, and then in the ultimate edition it turns out she's a nobody.

I watched Spider-Man 2.1 again recently and man that scene just goes on forever, lol.

If Keaton is Vulture and not Norman Osbourne I hope the old rumor Mathew Mcconaughey was going to play him comes true. If it's really early days I guess they'd want to wait until he's out of high school though.

I hope Tony Stark spends his time in the movie macking on Aunt May and giving Peter shit like he did the kid in Iron Man 3. Like, he could probably just send a suit to deal with Vulture but wants Spidey to grow into his own so doesn't help.

MoeDabs

And, I'm sure Hannibal is slightly more well known than that guy who was in Queer As Folk.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

That guy is so early 2000s but I'm not sure where else I saw him, I just know I saw him all over the place years ago.

Neoxon

Just imagine how that would go in the MCU.

Top Bottom