• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Portrait Of Ruin (DS) thread

Lee N

Membre
My gamestop order changed from "preorder" to "processing". I take that as they have the game and are getting ready to ship it.

cvpor.png

Lee N

Membre
I definitely won't play it this week regardless.. since I live in Sweden, the shipping over here takes a while.

castle007

Banned
Wait, it was delayed??? But those ****ers already charged my card. If I pay for something, I want it in my hands within two days, not 8 days

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
castle007 said:
Wait, it was delayed??? But those ****ers already charged my card. If I pay for something, I want it in my hands within two days, not 8 days
Well, maybe it's out soon, maybe not.

Some places are now listing the 12th as the release date though. But not Konami...their site still say the 5th.

castle007 said:
Well, I'd say if they charged your card...the game is on it's way...WOOO

castle007

Banned
Yeah, I think it is being shipped.

I guess the reviews from IGN and gamespot will hit tomorrow

Of course expect the 8.9 from gamespot and a 9.3 from IGN

castle007 said:
Yeah, I think it is being shipped.

I guess the reviews from IGN and gamespot will hit tomorrow

Of course expect the 8.9 from gamespot and a 9.3 from IGN

My predictions:

Gamespot - 7.9

IGN - 8.6

Me - 10 :lol

:lol *high-five*

Nah I think 1UP will give it higher, I'm betting on a 9 from them. Gamespot seems all about giving good scores only to groundbreaking, life-altering, innovative, genre-defining games. Castlevania will be "more of the same" to them while more of the same to us = better than most other games released this year.

castle007

Banned
I am definitely going to give it a 10.

I highly doubt that gamespot will give this anything below 8. They love 2d CV games, yet they shy away from giving them 9s (with the exception of that 9.6 for COTM)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I give it a solid 9/10 from my play time with it.(Roughly 3 months of the English version).

Story had me in loops and the retro throwback was amazing.

A must for any fan of the series. Not just post SOTN.

Lee N

Membre
brandonh83 said:
:lol *high-five*

Nah I think 1UP will give it higher, I'm betting on a 9 from them. Gamespot seems all about giving good scores only to groundbreaking, life-altering, innovative, genre-defining games. Castlevania will be "more of the same" to them while more of the same to us = better than most other games released this year.
Who's reviewing it at 1up anyway? Because that's what it comes down to these days.. the score says more about the reviewer than the game itself.

castle007

Banned
MarkMan said:
I give it a solid 9/10 from my play time with it.(Roughly 3 months of the English version).

Story had me in loops and the retro throwback was amazing.
A must for any fan of the series. Not just post SOTN.

dude, spoilers :(

I didn't know that you go back in time during the game

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
castle007 said:
dude, spoilers :(

I didn't know that you go back in time during the game

No spoilers in my post. :)

Like ALL CV games, especially the most recent ones. They are tied to the old school games in some way. Be it enemies, weapons, or whatever. This is expected.

But in Portrait of Ruin. It's sensory overload. :)

End Spoiler. LOL.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
MarkMan said:

Good. Now I won't have to worry about deleting my other files. I'm soo hyped for this. I'm calling today to see if anyone got it early. Hopefully, I'll be able to walk in tomorrow and just buy it.

brandonh83 said:
Six? Damn...

Yeah that's awesome. I was forced to delete my main save file on DoS (and kept Julius mode cause I didn't finish it) due to couple of friends playing my copy of the game.

Naked Snake said:
Yeah that's awesome. I was forced to delete my main save file on DoS (and kept Julius mode cause I didn't finish it) due to couple of friends playing my copy of the game.

Yeah, same happened with my girlfriend wanting to play multiple files on it. Thank god she's actually getting her own copy of Portrait. :lol

brandonh83 said:
Yeah, same happened with my girlfriend wanting to play multiple files on it. Thank god she's actually getting her own copy of Portrait. :lol

Haha same here, my boyfriend is getting his own copy too, while he played my copy of DoS, which was his first Castlevania and he fell in love with it (he's a completist/collectathon freak, kept gathering souls much longer than I did).

linsivvi

Naked Snake said:

Even 6 is not enough if you intend to have a separate save for each game mode and difficulty....

Belfast

Laaaame. EBGames says it's out today, of course. :p

Actually, on the main page is says "coming soon" despite still being listed for the 5th, while on the DS-specific page it is under "New Releases" and the game page itself indicates it's already out.

Belfast

I've been trying to call my local EB but every time I do, I get the busy signal. Might just have to drive up there at some point to check.

Belfast

Finally got through to EB, they said they'd be getting it tomorrow. So, boo for not getting it today, but yay for getting it this week!

WickedAngel said:
EBWorld has said "Processing" for quite some time.

They charged me Dec 1st, and now it has said processing ever since. I'll never order online from them again. I thought I could avoid the blunders that always plague my local Gamestop.... boy was I wrong.

MegaTen

Banned
Like I said in another topic(or was it this one?) Gamestop/EB seems to have a problem with updating an order's status on their website. There have been plenty of times where my orders still say "Processing" or "Pre Release", when after emailing to check, in fact I find out that they have actually shipped on time.

So if you really want to be sure, try emailing. But the service for that sucks as well, since they usually take about a day to reply... and thats even when I email them before noon.

Rexaur

Belfast said:
Finally got through to EB, they said they'd be getting it tomorrow. So, boo for not getting it today, but yay for getting it this week!

Is this Canada you're talking about?

I was just there today, they guy told me we'd get it one or two days after the States. I hope that they have a pre-order bonus for me or there will be hell to pay.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Didn't I warn you all that it would get destroyed in reviews? Most sites were pretty harsh on this since the beginning.

I like how Parish complains about rooms repeating while calling DoS exquisite.

Weren't most areas of DoS copy/paste. I remember the game's poor excuse for a garden. 4 stone arks room and a bunch of same looking corridors...Quite the garden.

Top Bottom