• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIGS: Mechanized Combat League - Review Thread

Vorlage_shock2_banner_rigs.jpg

Metacritic
Opencritic

The Jimquisition - 8.5/10

Destructoid - 8.5/10

Hobby Consolas - 8/10

TSA - 8/10

Metro - 7/10

La PS4 - 7.8/10

God is a Geek - 8/10

NGB - 8/10

Jeux Video - 17/20 (8.5)

Bollocks

I'm a hardcore gamer but I still don't know what I'm supposed to do in the game, yes chase a ball but what else, any tactical component?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I'm a hardcore gamer but I still don't know what I'm supposed to do in the game, yes chase a ball but what else, any tactical component?

It's a procedurally generated space-exploration mech sim.

JamboGT

As a hardcore gamer myself, I think it is an Armored Core spiritual sequel.

(It is a team based sports game, get the ball, get it in the goal. Take out the opposition, play as a team.

Abdiel

The primary game mode actually makes 'you' the ball. You power up by blowing up opponents and collecting orbs they leave behind, which makes you turn yellow and go into over drive mode. Then you run to the raised hoop in the middle and jump through to score goals. But the enemy team tries to destroy you before you can.

Lots of chaotic fun. I had a total blast when I got to play.

Saty

Eurogamer's overview:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...what-doesnt-in-playstation-vrs-launch-line-up

A stylish and nippy mech-based arena blaster, people have spent a lot of money on RIGS. Sadly, based on an hour or so with it this morning, it's going to make a lot of other people very sick. Nausea's a problem with a lot of VR games, but RIGS was always going to be prone to it, I suspect, because it requires such fast turns and sudden movements. It heads right to the inmost cave of things that make you want to puke in VR.

It's a shame, too, because there's something quite special here, by the looks of it, from the sleek mechs on offer to the curving arenas filled with neat hiding spaces. RIGS promises pacy action wrapped up in nice design work. Maybe, over time, you'll be able to get your stomach to play along. CD

Trup1aya

This game looks badass. It's really the only VR title to catch my interest so far. I think it has franchise potential.

VanWinkle

Really happy for Guerrilla Cambridge. They're great devs, but VR is a very new thing, so I didn't know whether the game would turn out well or not.

Pretty much bought my PSVR for this. So damn excited!

Anybody know how many maps, rigs, weapons there are etc.? I cant find a list anywhere.

It's about big robots fighting/playing sports. I'm sure there will be plenty of tactics involved once people learn the minutia of playing.

This is one of the few games that make me want a PSVR set.
GG Cambridge are 2/2 with KZ Mercenary and RIGS now, congrats to the team!

It's about big robots fighting/playing sports. I'm sure there will be plenty of tactics involved once people learn the minutia of playing.

LOADS of tactical components. Multiple rigs... multiple classes... divert power to weapons, boost, shields or overdrive... all while playing a teamwork centered objective game and eliminating enemies in the process?

Seems as or more complicated than most modern FPS games lol.

Congrats GG Cambridge, now please make AAA cinematic story mech action game with deep customization please.

That, or make a new Wipeout VR.

This complaint of Jim's:

A more egregious flaw with the game is its inability to shut up. Matches feature color commentary that seems to consist of a handful of annoyingly recycled stock phrases. Meanwhile, your personal progress is constantly commented on by a Scottish bloke whose patronizing tone and needless exposition gets on my nerves.

Does sound like it could get annoying if you play dozens and dozens of matches. Is there an option to turn that off?

Soi-Fong

This complaint of Jim's:

Does sound like it could get annoying if you play dozens and dozens of matches. Is there an option to turn that off?

This can be patched pretty easily. I'd expect this to be on a separate system in the game's architecture which can just turned off by the user if they please.

Top Bottom