• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elebits Connect24 Features

From gamefront.de:
Elebits unterstützt WiiConnect 24

27.11.06 - Die Famitsu schreibt, dass Elebits Click Picture als erstes Spiel WiiConnedt 24 unterstützen wird. Durch diese Online-Anbindung kann Konami z.B. neue Inhalte zum Kunden schicken.

Der Spieler kann im 'Editor Mode' (Bild 1) Karten und Levels mit eigenen Spielregeln entwerfen (Bild 2), die er online zu einem Freund sendet. Außerdem ist es möglich, dass man jederzeit im Spiel ein Foto macht (u.a. im 'Story Mode' oder 'Editor Mode'). Das Bild kann ebenfalls an einen Freund geschickt werden.

Für den Versand sucht man sich den Empfänger aus einer Freundesliste aus (Bild 3). Release: 08.12.06 (Japan)

Elebits is the first WiiConnect24-game. Konami could send new content to users.

The player can edit maps and levels with custom rules (pct.2) in the "Editor Mode" (pct.1) and send them to a friend. You can also take photos (inside story or editor mode) and send those to someone from your friendlist (pct.3) as well.

Release: 12.08.06 in Japan

elebits24.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Netrunner2k2 said:
It better be in the US also. I'll buy it if it is.

yeah elebits seems 'eh', but if it's the first game to do WiiConnect24 this seems like a nice way of extending replayability. To expand it beyond 'tech demo' fare.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I thought all games would be capable of receiving data/content over wiiconnect24?

levious

Amir0x said:
no, only those with it enabled

has this been known for a while? Why were people even speculating about added content in Zelda if so? This sucks.

fresquito

levious said:
has this been known for a while? Why were people even speculating about added content in Zelda if so? This sucks.
Nintendo themselves said there were chances for this to happen. BTW, we don't know if TP is ready to get content from the get go or not.

Amir0x

Banned
levious said:

yeah it was known for a while. Why were people speculating? God knows why. Bullshit fodder for the "Wii version is superior" or something i honestly believe :lol

Edit: Yes we do fresquito. It's not. Zelda:TP has no WiiConnect24 features, and cannot be updated and content cannot be added. STOP BULLSHITTING ALREADY

levious

ok, thanks ami... now the wait for the SECOND wiiconnect game to be announced!

fresquito

Amir0x said:
yeah it was known for a while. Why were people speculating? God knows why. Bullshit fodder for the "Wii version is superior" or something i honestly believe :lol

Edit: Yes we do fresquito. It's not. Zelda:TP has no WiiConnect24 features, and cannot be updated and content cannot be added. STOP BULLSHITTING ALREADY
Ok, then let me say I didn't know. What's up with you dude? Chill out a bit.

PkunkFury

Amir0x said:

An interview was posted here where a developer specifically mentioned that they were considering connect 24 features to add for Zelda, so it wasn't all BS. But it clearly didn't make it into the final game, and for all I know the interview was a fake, since some of those were flying around at the time.

Amir0x

Banned
fresquito said:
Ok, then let me say I didn't know. What's up with you dude? Chill out a bit.

well because i just said above it can't, and you're like 'hurr we don't know if it can or not yet'.

Let me ask you, if the biggest Wii game of all had a WiiConnect24 feature that NOBODY KNEW ABOUT, do you believe it'd suddenly be a surprise :p

PkunkFury said:
An interview was posted here where a developer specifically mentioned that they were considering connect 24 features to add for Zelda, so it wasn't all BS. But it clearly didn't make it into the final game, and for all I know the interview was a fake, since some of those were flying around at the time.

Oh i know, they said they were considering it in an interview around E3 in EGM so it's definitely a real consideration. However, it become clear like in September that this feature would not make it in

fresquito

Amir0x said:
well because i just said above it can't, and you're like 'hurr we don't know if it can or not yet'.

Let me ask you, if the biggest Wii game of all had a WiiConnect24 feature that NOBODY KNEW ABOUT, do you believe it'd suddenly be a surprise :p
Well, my last news was that Nintendo was considering that option. Now, these news could be fake, don't know, but that was my last news on the matter. Anyway, there's no need to go saying I was bullshitting, just correct me and that will be enough.

PkunkFury

Amir0x said:

well I'm still holding out for some surprise wi-fi christmas presents from Tingle Clause

Amir0x

Banned
fresquito said:
Well, my last news was that Nintendo was considering that option. Now, these news could be fake, don't know, but that was my last news on the matter. Anyway, there's no need to go saying I was bullshitting, just correct me and that will be enough.

It's not fake, they WERE considering it. They considered it as much as they could, until such time they realized they actually had to have the game out for Wii launch.

Then they stopped considering it, and just put it off until the first true Wii Zelda.

PkunkFury said:
well I'm still holding out for some surprise wi-fi christmas presents from Tingle Clause

I'm holding out hope that i get a message saying 'you have got 1000 free VC points as thanks for purchasing Zelda: Twilight Princess. TWICE!'

jwj442

Hm, that sounds interesting. I'm still pretty skeptical of this game, though. Why buy it when I have Garry's Mod?

fresquito

Amir0x said:
It's not fake, they WERE considering it. They considered it as much as they could, until such time they realized they actually had to have the game out for Wii launch.

Then they stopped considering it, and just put it off until the first true Wii Zelda.'
Ok, then I stand corrected :)

Amir0x

Banned
fresquito said:
Ok, then I stand corrected :)

Now, also, you should be careful what you wish for. Zelda Wii with WiiConnect24 options SOUNDS cool, until you need to pay $4.99 for a dungeon! :O

fresquito

Amir0x said:
Now, also, you should be careful what you wish for. Zelda Wii with WiiConnect24 options SOUNDS cool, until you need to pay $4.99 for a dungeon! :O
Well, since the main appeal for me doesn't lay in the dungenous, I don't have that many problems :D

Nick

This game intrigues me. It's funny, now that the Wii is out, I am considering purchasing games I wouldn't give two shits about a week ago. Now, anything that uses the Wii-mote in a semi-interesting or at least "kinda" interesting way seems like a worthy purchase to me. I like that, but I also hate it. Cosmic.

Amir0x said:

He posted that BEFORE your full explanation. All you said before that was a pointless "only if enabled," which he obviously saw because he was quoting someone who quoted that, and was talking about whether Zelda could be so enabled.

He's right, chill out.

Deku

Banned
What makes this a WiiConnect24 feature as opposed to just an internet/on-line function?

I suppose it is WiiConnect24 if it would require your friends Wii to be turned on to receive the messages/levels etc. as there may (not) be any mail servers to cache the sent items.

DiscoJason said:
Ah, holding out for those Zelda alternate jerseys are you?

"C'mon, Epona armor..."

The Editor Mode looks like it could be pretty detailed, cool. That might actually be something fun to challenge others with, shame that it seems to be primarily friend-to-friend, with no main listing of user-created levels.

But at least Konami supplemented it with WiiConnect. (Which should be seperate from the level/photo sending stuff, as far as I understand it.) I just hope these features aren't MIA in the US release.

Krowley

I'm a big fan of user created content in games... I think it's going to be a big movement in the future, with spore being the trend setter for future games... this sounds a little limited compared to the massivley single player concept of spore, but it could add a lot of replay value to elebits. The wii controller should be a pretty decent interface for level building and that kind of stuff so hopefully more games will come out with these kinds of features.

Amir0x

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
He posted that BEFORE your full explanation. All you said before that was a pointless "only if enabled," which he obviously saw because he was quoting someone who quoted that, and was talking about whether Zelda could be so enabled.

He's right, chill out.

Well we know TP doesn't have it enabled, so any speculation afterwards would be pretty pointless no? (tip: the cover of any WiiConnect24 game has "WiiConnect24" icon on the cover of the game)

fresquito

I don't care if I was right or wrong. Maners from ami were what failed. Anyway, it's over, time to move on :)

Ami: don't keep a grudge on me, and keep a FC free for when I have a Wii. You owe me that at the very least :D

Amir0x

Banned
fresquito said:
I don't care if I was right or wrong. Maners from ami were what failed. Anyway, it's over, time to move on :)

Ami: don't keep a grudge on me, and keep a FC free for when I have a Wii. You owe me that at the very least :D

oh i don't have a grudge, don't think that man :lol

How de we know Zelda doesn't have WiiConnect 24 enabled? Was there anything officially said after the developers commentary that they were exploring the option? Is there something in the game that tells you it doesn't have it(haven't played it, still waiting for my Wii :-()? What exactly?

Or are you just bullshitting us as if you worked for Nintendo? :p

Amir0x

Banned
JavyOO7 said:
I hope Elebits this gen is what Pikmin was last gen to me.

Only Pikmin can be Pikmin!

YOU HEAR THAT NINTENDO! ONLY PIKMIN 3 CAN BE TO US WHAT PIKMIN WAS LAST GEN!

BatiGOOOOOOOOOOAL said:
How de we know Zelda doesn't have WiiConnect 24 enabled?

The cover of any WiiConnect24 title has a WiiConnect24 symbol on the front. On top of that, we know because Nintendo couldn't fit it in in time. :p

JavyOO7

Amir0x said:
Only Pikmin can be Pikmin!

YOU HEAR THAT NINTENDO! ONLY PIKMIN 3 CAN BE TO US WHAT PIKMIN WAS LAST GEN!

The cover of any WiiConnect24 title has a WiiConnect24 symbol on the front. On top of that, we know because Nintendo couldn't fit it in in time. :p

<3

Seriously though, seems Elebits came to be because there's alot of elements in Elebits from Pikmin. The elebits and the environment they're in and etc.

But yes, Pikmin 3! Online! And new color Pikmin... like a pink one that dances.

This game looks very childish, but it could be a lot of fun. I don't see the comparison with Pikmin, though. I guess the both involve small creatures. But Elebits doesn't seem to have any strategic elements to it.

Tiktaalik

:Motorbass said:
The player can edit maps and levels with custom rules (pct.2) in the "Editor Mode" (pct.1) and send them to a friend. You can also take photos (inside story or editor mode) and send those to someone from your friendlist (pct.3) as well.

Crippled in the usual Nintendo fashion. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :\

That doesn't change the fact that I still think Elebits looks cool though. I haven't heard any new impressions since Konami's summer gamers day thing though. How is this title shaping up?

wsippel

Banned
Zaxxon said:
Crippled in the usual Nintendo fashion. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :\
Why would you want to send your custom levels to some random guy on the Internet? Or screenshots for that matter? The friendcode concept is nowhere near perfect, but for Elebits, that's really a non-issue...

Xristot

Man, this game has been one of my most anticipated launch games. After playing it earlier this year, I was hooked. Should be a great time, and the map editor should add a lot of longevity. Also, maybe konami will be nice enough to release some new levels for us.

Tiktaalik

wsippel said:
Why would you want to send your custom levels to some random guy on the Internet? Or screenshots for that matter? The friendcode concept is nowhere near perfect, but for Elebits, that's really a non-issue...

How about an Elebits channel where you post your levels and people can rate them on a scale of 1-5 stars, and the highest rated and most downloaded levels are presented in a special section. Then Nintendo fans as a community can enjoy the same great gaming experience.

I don't think Nintendo gets that part about online yet. Online is great and all, and Nintendo understands that playing with your friends is better than playing with random people, but they don't understand the value of community yet.

In Counterstrike, the De_Rats level, where you were in a kitchen and everything was huge so that you were "rat sized", was very popular and I played it a lot and really enjoyed it. An experience like that won't occur on the Wii with friend codes because:

a) I probably won't have that many friends with Wiis.
b) I can't rely on my small number of Wii playing friends to make levels as cool as De_Rats.
c) I have to awkwardly visit forums like this to exchange friend codes just to experience online.

In a large community that is connected, the chance of a great level appearing greatly increases. It's stupid for Nintendo to discourage this sort of functionality by sticking to the friendcode system.

Xristot said:
Man, this game has been one of my most anticipated launch games. After playing it earlier this year, I was hooked. Should be a great time, and the map editor should add a lot of longevity. Also, maybe konami will be nice enough to release some new levels for us.

What's it like to play?

Top Bottom