• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube reveals the most watched games of E3 (all videos combined, not just trailers)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I thought people would be interested in this given how much traffic the trailer view threads are getting, and the millions of views on non-official-trailer videos that are much harder for us to track since we're not YouTube.

screen2bshot2b2017-06tzugz.png

Source: http://youtube-trends.blogspot.com/2017/06/which-game-won-e3-views-are-in.html

Tagg9

Surprised to see FIFA 18 so high up the list given the average Joe would have a difficult time telling a difference between that and the previous year's entry.

wmlk

Bandai Namco and ASW struck gold with DBZ. It's incredible.

Bloodworth was saying how their booth was expecting all of the attention for Ni No Kuni, but all of that was snatched up by Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

Surprised to see FIFA 18 so high up the list given the average Joe would have a difficult time telling a difference between that and the previous year's entry.
I mean FIFA is one of the most popular franchises ever. There are people who don't play anything else but each year's installment.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Would it help if I told you the game moves in the 15-20 million unit range each year?

Ashtar

It's very popular even amongst those who don't consider themselves gamers, I knew a dude who won an Xbox 1 and only played fifa

Is there a list that tracks further than the 14th? I imagine stuff like God of War and Mario moved up a bit since this list considering they only had 2 and 1 days worth of views by this point while the EA stuff had 4 days worth.

paulogy

By this measure you might say EA "won" E3, followed by Sony, then the rest. It's interesting what a different story this tells, compared to our impressions.

Also, it highlights the importance of having marquee titles to showcase Xbox One X in the weeks after E3.

One new IP managed to be in the list, that's pretty cool ! Not sur if there's one every year (anthough I guess last year there was Death Stranding).

Rellik

I don't know what rock you live under, but FIFA is one of the most popular games in all of gaming. People buy consoles just for FIFA and only ever play that.

Ray Down

Banned
Yeah nothing was gonna top Battlefront.

Spiderman gonna be big and if the marvel movie is great I imagine it will sell more.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
DBF in the top 10 is Super.

More surprised by NFS.

Once upon a time Need For Speed was selling 14+ million copies a year, so even though it's now a sub-5 million franchise, there's a lot of people who are interested in any potential return to form.

Bgamer90

Banned
Only one that I'm surprised by is Dragonball. Seems that Microsoft did a good job in choosing to show it off. The amount of buzz that game is getting in comparison to Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite has been amazing to see.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wonder if Sony and EA will do a BF2 bundle this year. Seems like it should be an obvious lock. Maybe we'll finally get some Pro limited edition consoles

Welfare

Once upon a time Need For Speed was selling 14+ million copies a year, so even though it's now a sub-5 million franchise, there's a lot of people who are interested in any potential return to form.
OK that makes sense. Didn't know NFS used to sell so much before.

Top Bottom