• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube reveals the most watched games of E3 (all videos combined, not just trailers)

Lifeline

Mario Odyssey trailer was phenomenal. Interestingly, God of War didn't make it (weak and spoilery trailer imho), and AC Origins barely made it into top 10. Origins got high rank in OP due to the numerous gameplay videos from Youtubers and press.

It's because those games have their views split among multiple uploads. For some reason, the Odyssey trailer doesn't have multiple mirrors from other people (except the japan version).

Counting all uploads of the E3 trailers with over 200k views and these are the numbers i got:

Spider-Man PS4: 15 Million
Assassin's Creed Origins: 10.7 Million
God of War: 9.5 Million
Super Mario Odyssey: 9.2 Million
Minecraft Crossplay: 5.4 Million
Call of Duty WW2: 5.2 Million
Wolfenstien 2: 4.2 Million
Mario + Rabbids: 4.7 Million
Forza 7: 4 Million
Detroit: Become Human: 1.5 Million

I only looked at these games, so FIFA, BF2 etc would be on this list too. There's another thread on here with more games.

JP

EA must be happy with that list. I know Sony have two exclusives in the list but four out of ten games from EA is pretty impressive for them.

Lifeline

EA must be happy with that list. I know Sony have two exclusives in the list but four out of ten games from EA is pretty impressive for them.

They also have the only new IP on the list.

One important thing: Just 3 out of 10 are exclusive games. This list puts on perspective how relevant are exclusives for most consumers.

It's actually pretty impressive and does the opposite of the point you were trying to make.

One important thing: Just 3 out of 10 are exclusive games. This list puts on perspective how relevant are exclusives for most consumers.

Actually considering the small proportion of first party games vs the number of third party games, 3/10 isn't bad. Sony didn't even show TLOU2

JakR

Can someone explain me how youtube counts the numbers? Only the restriction of timeframe?
Spider-Man is now easy about 15 million views. God of War over 10 million.

I do not get this retrospective of youtube. O_O

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Battlefront going to sell like water this november

DBZ in top 10 tho
x5JZ7yI.gif

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Can someone explain me how youtube counts the numbers? Only the restriction of timeframe?
Spider-Man is now easy about 15 million views. God of War over 10 million.

I do not get this retrospective of youtube. O_O
I assume they use the tags associated with the videos, if they don't just track trailers.

Edit: They could also use their contentID system if they were fancy.

bethore

That list is pretty much what I expected. People complain about shooters and sports, but those genres have a massive audience. I'm honestly surprised to see Dragonball on that list. I'm hyped as hell for the game so it's cool to see it get so much attention. Hopefully the success of it will lead to more fighting games like it and not those crappy DB sims of late. I'm going to keep reiterating that Budokai 3 was the last good DB game and the Tenkaichi, Raging Blast, and Xenoverse series suck.

Midas

Destiny 2 outselling Cod or Battlefront this fall is starting to look real slim.

Maybe. But the main thing here is that Bungie really dropped the ball in how they promoted Destiny at E3. Very few things which we didn't know already. It seems like they'll stick with their slow drip feeding all the way to launch.

My spider-sense ia tingling!
Story is not the only factor of spoilers.

If anything we just got a look at what the world of Norse looks like. Better look at what to expect from the gameplay and I'm pretty sure we haven't seen all of what Kratos can do. Jörmungandr at the end was a given considering were in the Norse world.

It's because those games have their views split among multiple uploads. For some reason, the Odyssey trailer doesn't have multiple mirrors from other people (except the japan version).

Counting all uploads of the E3 trailers with over 200k views and these are the numbers i got:

Spider-Man PS4: 15 Million
Assassin's Creed Origins: 10.7 Million
God of War: 9.5 Million
Super Mario Odyssey: 9.2 Million
Minecraft Crossplay: 5.4 Million
Call of Duty WW2: 5.2 Million
Wolfenstien 2: 4.2 Million
Mario + Rabbids: 4.7 Million
Forza 7: 4 Million
Detroit: Become Human: 1.5 Million

I only looked at these games, so FIFA, BF2 etc would be on this list too. There's another thread on here with more games.

Monster Hunter World is at 3M I think, the Japanese trailer alone.

Edit: Just checked. MHW has easily more than 6M views with three videos combined.

Yeah, the Norse angle is making me psyched for God of War... and I am Greek in ethnicity. I can see it being a perfect storm of cultural interest with the American Gods series focus and all.

Was there a SP trailer for SW:BF2? I thought they would reveal at Sony conf but I don't recall seeing a SP trailer but a mix trailer. Did I miss it or they didn't reveal any SP trailer/gameplay this E3? I was really hoping to see the SP gameplay.

Sayad

It's really nice to see a mid-tier game(budget-wize) make a top 10 of AAA and flagship games. It being a fighter and made by ASW is just icing on the cake. <3

HardRojo

Kratos is hungry for VIEWS
BEcKMZG.gif
DAYUM! This an Spider-Man are going to move a nice bunch of units next year. Dragon Ball FighterZ making it into that Top 10 makes me happy, as a huge DB fan I couldn't be any more excited for a competitive fighting game with DB characters.

benny_a

Oh yeah, you are right. Which if the games above are heavily advertised? Saw a lot of Wolfenstein.
It seems to be publisher based.

Microsoft seems to do it the most, then Ubi, then EA, then Bethesda.

Was there a SP trailer for SW:BF2? I thought they would reveal at Sony conf but I don't recall seeing a SP trailer but a mix trailer. Did I miss it or they didn't reveal any SP trailer/gameplay this E3? I was really hoping to see the SP gameplay.
No SP footage at E3.

NSESN

Mario should end up being thee most viewed single video. Should be the highest selling exclusive this holiday.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
YouTube should update the stats for the official trailer views. The top 3 is still Star Wars/Mario/Spider-Man, but at the rate their respective views are growing, Mario should be first when all is said and done (or neck and neck with SW at least, which it already almost is), and Spidey third. Mario is by far the fastest-growing of the three.

benny_a

YouTube should update the stats for the official trailer views. The top 3 is still Star Wars/Mario/Spider-Man, but at the rate their respective views are growing, Mario should be first when all is said and done (or neck and neck with SW at least, which it already almost is), and Spidey third. Mario is by far the fastest-growing of the three.
I just did a check, the last 5 hours Spider-Man (top 3 uploads) has been growing faster than Super Mario Odyssey (top 2 uploads).

LaNaranja

Man Dragon Ball is going to be huge.

Also MvC totally had the potential to be just as huge. They have the fucking MARVEL license in a time when Marvel has never been bigger and and then they decided to make the most visually unappealing game they possibly could with the most unimaginative roster ever and decide to pull all the new characters out and make them DLC.

Anthem's the real surprise, I feel. Hadn't expected it to draw much buzz, given the year BioWare's had. The rest are in line with what I'd expect, though, however bad I think God of War looks.

Floody

I always forget how huge God of War is, especially so in the Americas. Spider-Man is ridiculous though, Insomniac about to have a mega hit on their hands, which is more than deserved at this point.

Top Bottom