• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube reveals the most watched games of E3 (all videos combined, not just trailers)

Shin

Banned
Dragon Ball Z Fighter surprisingly cracked the list.

I expected it to rank higher than NFS and the likes but still a great result for the team.
Mario Odyssey seems to be climbing the fastest, from the time they checked (5.5) to now (8.7).

There's more on the link.

The Top 10 Most-viewed Trailers* from E3 (June 9 - 14, 2017)

During E3, ”Star Wars Battlefront 2" was both the #1 most-viewed trailer, and the most popular game across all videos uploaded to YouTube, with over 7.9M views.

In second place is the ”Super Mario Odyssey" trailer with 5.5 million views. It was one of the last titles to be announced at E3, so its ranking is even more impressive given that it proceeded the ”Star Wars Battlefront 2" trailer release by three days.

1. Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer - 7.9M views
2. Super Mario Odyssey - Game Trailer - Nintendo E3 2017 - 5.5M views
3. Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4) 2017 E3 Gameplay - 4.5M views
4. FIFA 18 | THE JOURNEY: HUNTER RETURNS | OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER - 4.0M views
5. Need for Speed Payback Official Gameplay Trailer - 3.4M views
6. Official Call of Duty®: WWII – Multiplayer Reveal Trailer - 3.3M views
7. Forza Motorsport 7 - E3 2017 - 4K Announce Trailer - 3.1M views
8. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: E3 2017 Announcement Trailer | Ubisoft [US] - 3.0M views
9. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: E3 2017 Official Trailer – Time to Take a Stand | Ubisoft [US] - 2.7M views
10. Assassin's Creed Origins: E3 2017 Gameplay Trailer [4K] | Ubisoft [US] - 2.6M views

Loudninja

Kratos is hungry for VIEWS
BEcKMZG.gif

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
brb watching God of War trailer again for like the tenth time

I'm personally surprised that Star Wars is number one. I skipped the EA conference and I don't think I'm even aware of what the trailer is about.

Laiza

A fighting game in the top 10 - and what's more, an ASW fighting game for the Dragon Ball franchise.

A new era begins.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I loathe this in the best of E3 threads, but seeing the list Sony has the right deals in place co-marketing and marketing wise for now.

borges

Banned
One important thing: Just 3 out of 10 are exclusive games. This list puts on perspective how relevant are exclusives for most consumers.

Shin

Banned
One important thing: Just 3 out of 10 are exclusive games. This list puts on perspective how relevant are exclusives for most consumers.

Sales shit, PlayStation be happy if those views remotely correlates to sales seeing as all Top 5 games are on their platform.
Of which they got 3 marketing deals, 1 is a 1stt party game and the other being the next installment of Assassin's Creed.

8. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: E3 2017 Announcement Trailer | Ubisoft [US] - 3.0M views
9. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: E3 2017 Official Trailer – Time to Take a Stand | Ubisoft [US] - 2.7M views
10. Assassin's Creed Origins: E3 2017 Gameplay Trailer [4K] | Ubisoft [US] - 2.6M views

Mario Odyssey trailer was phenomenal. Interestingly, God of War didn't make it (weak and spoilery trailer imho), and AC Origins barely made it into top 10. Origins got high rank in OP due to the numerous gameplay videos from Youtubers and press.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Mario Odyssey trailer was phenomenal. Interestingly, God of War didn't make it (weak and spoilery trailer imho), and AC Origins barely made it into top 10. Origins got high rank in OP due to the numerous gameplay videos from Youtubers and press.
Right now, not counting the <200k trailers for the various games.

God of War is at #5 E3 trailer with 8.9m views. AC:O is at #2 just the World Premiere Gameplay trailers in the various languages with 10.3m.

Shahadan

Surprised to see FIFA 18 so high up the list given the average Joe would have a difficult time telling a difference between that and the previous year's entry.

There are tons of people (no joke) who have a console only for FIFA.
Sometimes FIFA and CoD
Nothing else.

borges

Banned
Sales shit, PlayStation be happy if those views remotely correlates to sales seeing as all Top 5 games are on their platform.
Of which they got 3 marketing deals, 1 is a 1stt party game and the other being the next installment of Assassin's Creed.

Yeah, but that has nothing to do. Sony without exclusives would be in the same position.

Spoilery? Please tell us what's happening in the story then.

Shin

Banned
Yeah, but that has nothing to do. Sony without exclusives would be in the same position.

Of course, just pointing my observation out as it's what came to mind when I saw the list.

For as little as we know about Anthem so far, I'm pretty excited for it. Glad to see it's getting some looks.
Same here, it definitely caught my attention, can't wait to see more.

WaterAstro

It should be noted that the image in the OP is actually a vote that Youtube set up, not the actual view count. There's a separate view count list in blog, but I feel like those numbers are wrong.

Battlefront 2 is only at 7.9. That number is pretty much the main channel. I'm sure they should have had more than that because I distinctly remember watching the Battlefront 2 trailer throughout E3 and seeing its number on the 14th.

Loudninja

It should be noted that the image in the OP is actually a vote that Youtube set up, not the actual view count. There's a separate view count list in blog, but I feel like those numbers are wrong.

Battlefront 2 is only at 7.9. That number is pretty much the main channel. I'm sure they should have had more than that because I distinctly remember watching the Battlefront 2 trailer throughout E3 and seeing its number on the 14th.
This ranking includes all videos related to the title, including trailers, official gameplay, media coverage, and fan-uploaded reactions. Notably, EA’s press conference included four of the titles in our top 10, a nod to the strength of its showcase.

Tratorn

Ist this list just for trailers from the official channels? Because otherwise the list doesn't make sense.

Shin

Banned
Ist this list just for trailers from the official channels? Because otherwise the list doesn't make sense.

Says it in the article...

This ranking includes all videos related to the title, including trailers, official gameplay, media coverage, and fan-uploaded reactions. Notably, EA’s press conference included four of the titles in our top 10, a nod to the strength of its showcase.

silva1991

edit: nvm.

---

About the DBZ, this would have been day one for me if I was as interested in 2D fighters like I used to. I think I bought every DBZ game on PS1 and 2 back in the day...

Tratorn

Yeah because Days Gone alone has over 5 million views on a channel

Yeah, the same for God of War. Sony has a big disadvantage in general for this list then, because they are so slow in uploading their trailers. Most of them were already watched by millions of people on other channels when they finally uploaded them.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Which will sell more... Battlefront or Assassin's Creed.

I'm really curious how that will turn out this fall.

Battlefront 1 sold more than the best selling Assassin's Creed game, so Origins will need a fair overperformance or Battlefront a notable underperformance to get there.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Hopefully ASW gets great success from this by the way

Is this supposed to justify the lack of excluslusives for any platform in general? How would that work out for Nintendo?

I don't know about the main market, but i know tons of people bought PS4's for atleast one of the big exclusive(or console exclusive) games in the first half of the year, be it Nioh, Nier, Persona, or what have you. And Switch would have been nothing without Zelda at launch

Falk

that puzzling face
Bandai Namco and ASW struck gold with DBZ. It's incredible.

Bloodworth was saying how their booth was expecting all of the attention for Ni No Kuni, but all of that was snatched up by Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

Yeah it really came out of the left field and was both technically and visually impressive.

Top Bottom