• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube reveals the most watched games of E3 (all videos combined, not just trailers)

Snazzy

Neo Member
But how many of those FIFA views are just hackers salivating at the chance to screw over a whole new set of psn or xbl accounts for sweet, sweet FIFA bucks or Ronaldollars?

Dantrist

Not sure if counting all the videos together is a good way to see who 'won' E3.

Now you'll just have lots of people watching multiple videos for one game, which means you can't say how many unique viewers a game has.

Baleoce

I thought people would be interested in this given how much traffic the trailer view threads are getting, and the millions of views on non-official-trailer videos that are much harder for us to track since we're not YouTube.

screen2bshot2b2017-06tzugz.png

Source: http://youtube-trends.blogspot.com/2017/06/which-game-won-e3-views-are-in.html

I died inside.

I thought people would be interested in this given how much traffic the trailer view threads are getting, and the millions of views on non-official-trailer videos that are much harder for us to track since we're not YouTube.

screen2bshot2b2017-06tzugz.png

Source: http://youtube-trends.blogspot.com/2017/06/which-game-won-e3-views-are-in.html

Does SW BF sell a lot? I bought it at $10 for the PSVR mode

Also this thread reminds me of those laughable AF posts about how Assassins Creed is not a huge game because they don't sell.

No Destiny 2. They need a new engine/a sequel that looks the part. I feel like they're sitting on a gold mine but they just aren't taking it close to it's potential. Something like Anthem is going to come along and steal away all that gold.

Edit: And I'm not a Star Wars fan but the first Battlefront did some good things and I'm pretty excited for Battlefront 2 as long as it's also keeping the local co-op/vs stuff. It looks great.

Floody

Why do most of those enemies not seem to be attacking? Other than the first enemy, it looks like none of the others even try to attack during this whole sequence. They're just standing around waiting to be killed.

They scared!

It's probably on the easiest difficulty for cool attack shot for trailer purposes.

Xandremi

Microsoft has no games :p

Why do most of those enemies not seem to be attacking? Other than the first enemy, it looks like none of the others even try to attack during this whole sequence. They're just standing around waiting to be killed.

Very easy mode?

Its also been out for a very long ass time.

I like that game, that announcement did nothing for me. Its not the sort of thing where having this sort of thing excites me.I played it, I can play it now.

It didn't do anything for me either. I really love that game, but to be frank, I have a hard time getting excited over any sort of remake like that. It was surprising only because I didn't know it was coming out. The fact that it is coming out does nothing for me.

It completely changes the game imo, never cared for God of War beyond face value.
Now im infinitely more interested in this than I had already been with 1-3
I've been seeing quite a few posts like this. There are a minority who don't like the combat changes but I think they've made the right choice overall in terms of pushing the IP toward more people.

LOCK

Not only does EA have mega brands, they also had several days headstart on everyone.

Let's do this again in a few weeks.

Surprised to see FIFA 18 so high up the list given the average Joe would have a difficult time telling a difference between that and the previous year's entry.
Wouldn't it be more likely that the 'average Joe' who is interested in the franchise would be likely to see the differences year to year?

Wolfenstein 2 needs to move up or out of October 27th. It's going to get creamed on that release date.

Not only does EA have mega brands, they also had several days headstart on everyone.

Let's do this again in a few weeks.

At best, the bottom two EA games (Anthem & NFS) gets bumped down. FIFA/SWBF ain't going nowhere, because there are a ton of ancillary videos about them.

I've been seeing quite a few posts like this. There are a minority who don't like the combat changes but I think they've made the right choice overall in terms of pushing the IP toward more people.

Not just the combat/perspective though, them pushing the story and especially Kratos being in a father role is really getting me interested.

My brother who hates GoW because of Kratos(never played past 1) is actually very interested in the new one as well.

It's all about metrics. Not that it ultimately tells us anything, but count youtube views and social media chatter and analyst think they'll learn the sales.

If you think the takeaway is sales, you're highly mistaken.

What analyst take away from this are :
- no of eyeballs
- view/like ratio
- conversion from awareness -> attention -> purchase intent
- advocacy levels
- satisfaction and recommendation index

People like us look at all these data to identify where to invest in marketing of products to maximise attention. Stuff like influencer-driven marketing for Battlefront and BF1 are 100% driven by metrics that showcase a large percentage of eyeballs for those games driven by non-official channels and advocacy channels instead of trailers.

prag16

Banned
Okay. This makes more sense than that other list in the other topic that had uninspired/bland Days Gone and Spiderman at the top. Mildly surprised Mario wasn't a little higher though. Otherwise this list seems pretty reasonable... except how in the hell did that Dragonball Z game crack the list. Interesting.

Okay. This makes more sense than that other list in the other topic that had uninspired/bland Days Gone and Spiderman at the top. Mildly surprised Mario wasn't a little higher though. Otherwise this list seems pretty reasonable... except how in the hell did that Dragonball Z game crack the list. Interesting.

This list stop at the 14th .
Trailers have gotten much more views since then.
Spidey already at near 15 million views.

Permanently A

This DBZ game is literally a fan's dream, and DBZ is huge. Not surprising to me. The positive buzz its getting is overwhelming.

DCZnh52UMAE37cb.jpg

JusDoIt

9 of those games can be played on PS4.

7 of those games can be played on Xbox One.

1* of those games can be played on Switch.

*2 if you want to count the separate FIFA game the Switch gets.

My data is the MOST WATCHED TRAILERS OF E3. This data is the most watched games

Games like COD, FIFA & BF gets a ton of gameplay videos that are posted by popular YouTubers. Mine excludes that data.

Top Bottom