• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube reveals the most watched games of E3 (all videos combined, not just trailers)

The Assassin's Creed trailer was just silly.

Why would your character be sliding down a pyramid? What purpose would that serve in the plot? The character went to the top of the pyramid to only slide down it? That's dumb.

JusDoIt

The Assassin's Creed trailer was just silly.

Why would your character be sliding down a pyramid? What purpose would that serve in the plot? The character went to the top of the pyramid to only slide down it? That's dumb.

To be fair, climbing to the top of a pyramid and sliding down sounds fun as hell.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I wonder what the most watched Xbox game is. I would guess Crackdown.

Forza, I was surprised. Minecraft beats it if you count that though. I think Crackdown has the most views next on the Xbox channel. Apparently SoD2 and SoT are beating it though all trailers combined.

Forza, I was surprised. Minecraft beats it if you count that though. I think Crackdown has the most views next on the Xbox channel. Apparently SoD2 and SoT are beating it though all trailers combined.

Crackdown and Forza has very low view/like ratio so there's a chance their trailer views are inflated with ads.

Mario Odyssey trailer was phenomenal. Interestingly, God of War didn't make it (weak and spoilery trailer imho), and AC Origins barely made it into top 10. Origins got high rank in OP due to the numerous gameplay videos from Youtubers and press.

GoW isn't there because the official trailer went up late and all the views got eaten up by a no-name channel that posted the conference feed. It is has 5.5M views over there and only 1.4M on Playstation.

T.O.P

Banned
Happy to see DBZ in these lists

Other than that, Mario Odissey had the best showing of the conference, top spot for me

B.O.O.M

We knew it already but Sony sure made some good business decisions with those marketing deal choices.

Glad to see God of War doing so well as well. Game looks bonkers

Holy shit that looks good.

Seriously one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

And while a great understanding of the tech surely helps... it's their attention to the animation that really sets it apart. It astounds me what Arc Systems has been able to achieve. It looks so much like animated DBZ, and that's hard to do even with the most advanced tech, because all the power in the world means nothing if your animation team doesn't understand some fundamental differences between 3d models and traditional 2d animation. The way a character can deform is vastly different, and takes a hell of an eye to do right in 3d.

I could gush a lot... but Arc has never been a sexier dev than they have between Guilty Gear and DBFZ. The way they are using modern tech and software is just incredible.

Best E3 you mean.

20120607035837_auto.gif

geordiemp

This makes more sense.

It makes more sense than twitter mentions and GAF lists thats for sure although still flawed in concept as newer games tend to get watched just to see what it is.

Games like destiny that had been shown prior to E3 would of been in that top list if they had delayed it.

Still think COD will outsell them all, but if EA star wars do wonders with a meaty campaign then you never know.

Ploid 3.0

Poor MvC, they never saw Dragon Ball coming.

Yeah, that story trailer shown for MVC didn't help at all (looks so weird, like SFV story actually). Dragon Ball FighterZ just looks like a better MVC game, which is nuts, they didn't even need the Marvel license. Capcom should have just made a Capcom Fighter game and go nuts, forget marvel characters. Patch, and update to your hearts content.

Top Bottom