• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Killzone 2 (PS3) Reveal Thread E307 - DELIVERS! (All info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Banned
Sure I'll take some flak for this but what the hell, it looks better then the E3 2005 CGI.

No, I'm not talking about polygon per polygon but the Killzone CGI trailer was sterile. It's animations were all (aside from the talking sequence) very stiff. Sure the models were higher poly, but really, it's the lighting, the animation, the atmospheric effects (did you see how the clouds broke up when the other transport came in) the lighting (my god), the destructability, all that makes it better then the E3 2005 CGI to me. There's so much going on in the environment it's crazy. The Lighting is incredibly and clearly better then the E3 2005 CGI, the post processing effects, wow.

Jeseus

wmplayer200707111335428kd4.jpg

wow

Busty

Banned
Joates said:
SONY really is great these days. SONY knows marketing better than anyone...

But seriously, the comments are not goofy about the pre-baked lighting. Theyre either using that or some form of GI that looks damn good. Id go with the prebaked if I were them.

Why do you care so much? You're not going to change anyone's mind, I don't understand why you are so passionately fighting your corner.

Maybe some people in here are chugging he Kool Aid like mad. But the fact is that Killzone has delivered on several levels and frankly, this is like Mardas Gras for alot of the Sony fans. They've been kicked about for last year and now they've got something to shout about.

Either way, you need to lighten up and save your energy, because if you think this is bad, when the Ninteddo conference starts, ohh man.

You'd have a whale of time putting everyone in their place. And boy, those motherf*ckers don't play.

Much love to the Nintendo fanboy....
because you all scare me...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Busty said:
Either way, you need to lighten up and save your energy, because if you think this is bad, when the Ninteddo conference starts, ohh man.

You'd have a whale of time putting everyone in their place. And boy, those motherf*ckers don't play.

:lol :lol

bud

Zen said:
Sure I'll take some flak for this but what the hell, it looks better then the E3 2005 CGI.

No, I'm not talking about polygon per polygon but the Killzone CGI trailer was sterile. It's animations were all (aside from the talking sequence) very stiff. Sure the models were higher poly, but really, it's the lighting, the animation, the atmospheric effects (did you see how the clouds broke up when the other transport came in) the lighting (my god), the destructability, all that makes it better then the E3 2005 CGI to me. There's so much going on in the environment it's crazy. The Lighting is incredibly and clearly better then the E3 2005 CGI, the post processing effects, wow.

this is hilarious. look, i think the the trailer got close to the cg trailer but saying it's surpassed the trailer or even that it's on the same level is just lawl

Ceb

At 2:24-2:25, you can see some light texture pop-in on the soldier standing in the middle of the screen behind the cover...

...and it doesn't bother me because the game is still quite a while away from release and it still looks awesome.

jett

D-Member
Man, Guerrilla delivered...the game looks ****ing amazing, and it can only get better from here. You hear that haters? :lol

Ceb

I wonder if this will push Insomniac even harder to make Resistance 2 even more special. Competition rules. :D

Haunted

Just seen the HD trailer. I have to admit, I'm impressed. It looks much better than I expected it to. Bloody good show, Guerilla.

Joates

Banned
Busty said:
Why do you care so much? You're not going to change anyone's mind, I don't understand why you are so passionately fighting your corner.

Maybe some people in here are chugging he Kool Aid like mad. But the fact is that Killzone has delivered on several levels and frankly, this is like Mardas Gras for alot of the Sony fans. They've been kicked about for last year and now they've got something to shout about.

Dont ask me why I persist, I just do. If I can make even one person put down the kool aid, it is a victory.

About the nintendo conference and all that jazz... Not going to touch it with a ten foot pole, that shit scares me too. Anyone who touts waggle as a wonderful thing, I dont even bother arguing because they have an IV drip for the nintendo koolaid hooked up to them. Killzone >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Waggle, there I said it.

Salazar

Busty said:

Moreover, DS+360 owners who have been let down by the MS conference. I am a mild representative of the species, but even I am buzzing.

Ryuuga

Banned
I was was extremely impressed with the trailer. I'll repeat what I said alot earlier "I'll take the game as it is now", when people were bitching about the textures and what not. All the while I was more impressed by the lighting, particle effects, level design and most importantly the animation. All being early in a little claustrophobic amalgamation of awesome. They were right when they said that this was too much to be summed up in 5 words. I hope I'll get alot less crying here than I did in that "other" thread.

Out for blood, the weary and down-trodden...

spwolf

devilscallmedad said:
Have you seen COD4?

yep... and it looks good... a lot better than COD3... but KZ2 is league of its own. easily.

I wasnt even planning to get KZ2, with so many other games coming out (and I didnt plan to spend $1k on games in next 6 months), but damn, it looks really, really good.

jett said:
Man, Guerrilla delivered...the game looks ****ing amazing, and it can only get better from here. You hear that haters? :lol
This is the first time I have ever seen you NOT live up to your tag.... Like seriously WTF, I honest to god thought you were going to poo poo it (in a rational and reasonable matter, as there are things that can be nitpicked in the trailer.)

jjasper

I am impressed. Easily one of the, if not the best, display of graphics so far this gen. I thought the trailer perfectly emulated the feeling of the trailer. It obviously doesn't look as good as the original but considering the game will look at least this good I am cool with it.

I personally thought this trailer>the original in terms of atmosphere. The new landing was much cooler with the lighting and shit going on.

Give me a PSN trailer now sony!

jett said:
HOLY GOODNESS I CANT BELIEVE JET JUST SAID THAT! Now all we need is ELS to come in here praising it and we know the end of the world is at hand.

XSamu

Banned
Halo 3 looked underwhelming
Killzone 2 looked much better than expected (but I expected a total failure)
CoD4 was the best looking FPS around (haven't seen Crysis at E3 yet)

GHG

Best looking next gen game, end of story, no questions asked. Sony delivered, GG delivered, haters owned.

53gh06a.gif

6c49k4y.gif

6c7aw51.gif

6f4svw5.gif

OMG, just OMG.

Zen

Banned
bud said:
this is hilarious. look, i think the the trailer got close to the cg trailer but saying it's surpassed the trailer or even that it's on the same level is just lawl

We'll agree to disagree. You can';t deny there's a lot more going on in this footage in terms of environment then in the Killzone CGI.

Just watched half the 720p trailer. Looks unbelievable. Explosions looked better on the CG trailer but everything else is so. ****ing. close. (OMG @ the clouds) I really didn't expect that. Aisenheiz owned me.

PS. Joates is currently #4 poster in this thread in just a few hours. Damn this guy's trying too hard.

PS.#2 I will murder my ISP. Out of all days in the year today they decided to **** up my connection.

ZOMG, the trailer looks amazing! I think it got as close as possible to CG that any game can/could. I know it's been mentioned before, but I honestly can't see how the 1up people can say that GoW looks better. Anyways the character models...again, awesome. And finally, some of the ISA have helmets (my plea has been answered). Although the movements in the CG weren't captivated or shown in the trailers, there were little hints of animations that'll suffice for me. The only first person animation I saw was the sliding from left to right, which caused the character to move his gun (I'm guessing to his side). The gritty-cover fighting was another example of well-done animations. I'm hyped, can't wait for this game!

The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the gun. It looks like a 2-D sprite at times. I'm sure that'll be fixed before launch though. They've still got some time left.

Wow, Sony. Congrats, you lived up to my hype. I'm surprised. I'm keeping my avatar for a while now.

jjasper

Maxwell House said:
Did they expound on 2008? March 2008ish or are we talking Christmas 2008?

I would hope in the first half. Insomniac has stated that they plan on having Ratchet and Resistance rotate years, so one would assume that they plan on having Resistance 2 fall of next year.

Killzone 2 by summer and Resistance 2 in fall would be a awesome.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Can anyone download the HD .wmv version GT put up? When I watch it I can't fast forward and it locks up at the very end, seems like that version is fudged up.

Also it's pretty sad but my pc can't handle the 300 meg one. It stutters with every player. 512 mb ram and 1.8 ghz... Is it normal that this happens?

XSamu said:
Halo 3 looked underwhelming
Killzone 2 looked much better than expected (but I expected a total failure)
CoD4 was the best looking FPS around (haven't seen Crysis at E3 yet)

Sorry man we can do some screen comparisons but COD4 no longer at the top of that heap.

Only GAF could make me want to come in and argue about a good looking trailer, but damn if you people aren't on the hyperbole train.

Game looks really good, but it's not CGI trailer quality. This is Motorstorm all over again where people were swearing up and down that the game looked better than the CGI.

I'd say CoD4 looks at least as good and I even think the animations of the on foot section are better in CoD4. Both games look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom