• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 1.92 is up.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
WOW at how fast the icons scroll in the game and video sections.

I have TONS of video and it now scrolls down with NO slowdown, and the preview video for them loads almost instantly.

Really nice, overall loading is faster.

Where is my folder creation option!

SRG01

Dante said:
Some people will prob be happy about not having to plug in their Controller :) Gaaaaarrrrrnnnnnneeetttttt

Hey, I noticed this too. I was waiting with the USB cable on hand. :lol

Piscopink

Sho Nuff said:
-Adds VF5 online support
-Makes Lair fun
-Adds 10 hours to Heavenly Sword

This was actually funny. I see trolling way differently than this post. Oh well.

I bet firmware update 2.0 will be HOME. :D

bigswords

jonabbey said:
On ps3forums, they're suggesting that games stored on the hard drive are loading faster now, to go along with the decrease in load time for animated icons on the XMB.

"Apparently HDD access times have been cut nearly in half from reports around the internet."

Nice bit of work, if true.

That's really really nice if it's true, kudos to the firmware team, they can really make something out of clay seriously. I was really impressived with the upscalling upgrade.

lynux3

The whole HDD access thing actually seems legit... I have 7 demos from the PS Store and they seem to run smoother and faster than before. The animated icons load up much quicker too.

FightyF

Banned
KongRudi said:
This is to become a thread where many PS3-owners will enter in a very short time, to check what's been updated on their PS3, no need to let the thread become hijacked allready, good riddance to him if that's all he had to contribute. :)

It was a joke.

There was no feature list, so he made a funny one. Thank God you're not a mod.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
installing now... any more impressions on the web browser? I'm still waiting on sony to do a nice big overhaul on it, I was really expecting to replace this browser with the ps3 one eventually with my HDTV, wireless mouse/keyboard, but the browser has been crap from day one.

SRG01

msdstc said:
installing now... any more impressions on the web browser? I'm still waiting on sony to do a nice big overhaul on it, I was really expecting to replace this browser with the ps3 one eventually with my HDTV, wireless mouse/keyboard, but the browser has been crap from day one.

I'm not sure if it's just observer bias or whatever, but it definitely seems faster to me.

Still can't run Web MSN though. :(

jmd494

Where was the original source of these "flash wallpapers" and is there ANY evidence of this actually being true?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
SRG01 said:
I'm not sure if it's just observer bias or whatever, but it definitely seems faster to me.

Still can't run Web MSN though. :(

I'm tryin it out now, I haven't used it much, but it feels decently quick I'm gunna try youtube and some other sites see how those run.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
good riddance to him if that's all he had to contribute

seriousbusiness.gif

Sho Nuff has been cross platform bitching and comedy relief on the board for around 7 years now, so for him to be banned for this does seem OTT. IMO of course.

Perhaps it was one joke too far or something?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DJ Crimson said:
Damn, thats a pretty cool feature then. My bad.:D
And now we know the true reason for this update (besides borking Warhawk): to get people to discover features that were added in previous FW updates.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
bishoptl said:
Sho Nuff has been raised from the dead!

still no changelog, though :|

I don't get it. Still says he's banned.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
61k52qa.jpg

CHANGELIST

NOW

reilo said:
I don't get it. Still says he's banned.
poke him and see if he says anything

KennyL

they've unlocked 3 pipes. browser definitly loads sites faster now. you can now load 4 youtube videos at the same time... sony, upgrade that damn flash to version not.shit and stop asking me if i want to load plugins every goddamn time!! THX!!!

KennyL said:
they've unlocked 3 pipes. browser definitly loads sites faster now. you can now load 4 youtube videos at the same time... sony, upgrade that damn flash to version not.shit and stop asking me if i want to load plugins every goddamn time!! THX!!!
Sounds good.

That was one of my main complaints, kind of slow loading for such a system.

DCharlie said:
Sho Nuff banned? Wow - the day the funny died!

Perhaps the patch will install a sense of humour ?

If only he`d put "lol amirite?" "PEACE" or "RAWR WOWHAWK" at the end...

indifferent.gif

The troll got banned? Oh noes! But he was funny to DCharlie and a couple of others (for obvious reasons).

WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO US?

Btw will Sony ever release a changelist soon enough so that we won't have multiple page threads of people guessing and wondering what changed?

Kinan

Heh, they finally corrected annoying translation mistake in Russian version of XMB. "Display settings" was translated as "To display settings", which was annoying first time I looked to change the resolution. Correct now, thanks a lot, Sony. :)

Browser indeed displaying a page before loading all the pictures now and XMB previews are fast as hell now. Thats all I've noticed so far.

I didn't see it mentioned yet but...

I just bought Super Stardust HD and now when you download, you can see more information on how much has been downloaded. SSHD is 300MB and instead of looking like 1MB / 300MB it shows 1042k / 300MB and you can see the left side counting up. Let's you see alot more detail on how fast it's going.

edit: Haha! I just went back to the TV and once it gets past a certain point it starts to look like 45MB / 300MB again and just counts up in intervals of one. Bah!

Yama

Souther said:
Hmmm i might have to recheak that scene out now given the upscaling options. I have a save right at that scene. And its one of the most visually impressive scenes ever.
It's funny, even before I came to GAF I used to use that image to defend PlayStation 2. :lol

CastleBravo said:

I just bought Super Stardust HD and now when you download, you can see more information on how much has been downloaded. SSHD is 300MB and instead of looking like 1MB / 300MB it shows 1042k / 300MB and you can see the left side counting up. Let's you see alot more detail on how fast it's going.

edit: Haha! I just went back to the TV and once it gets past a certain point it starts to look like 45MB / 300MB again and just counts up in intervals of one. Bah!

Its always been like that.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
The troll got banned? Oh noes! But he was funny to DCharlie and a couple of others (for obvious reasons).

WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO US?

you calling ANYONE a troll is piss taking of the highest order.

and calling him a troll just shows what a pant wetting humour lacking milksop you are.

"HE SAID SOMETHING FUNNY AT SONYS EXPENSE - LET ME THROW MY RATTLE OUT OF MY PRAM! bWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

As i said, Sho Nuff is an equal opportunity comedian - no one gets off.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Holy smoke! I was surprised that was the first time I officially crossed the line!

Anyways I don't think this patch does anything...back to Folding I guess.

CastleBravo said:

It did that before this update.

Souther said:
Hmmm i might have to recheak that scene out now given the upscaling options. I have a save right at that scene. And its one of the most visually impressive scenes ever.

I still don't understand why Sony doesn't just give us the same 480p unlocking option the HDTVXploder boot disk does for PS2 games. They could even refine it and correct the 4:3/16:9 formatting options some games have with that boot disk.

Greg

1.92 information is up on Japan site:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/ps3/update/

Just a quick translation from google, but I'm sure someone else can do better. :lol
Concerning system software version 1.92 update [2007.09.04]

From 2007 September 4th, the update which renews the substance performance of PS3® was started. With the latest update, version of system software becomes 1.92, the following function is renewed.
* The main function which is renewed with version 1.92

* Performance for the additional item which is transmitted with PLAYSTATION®Store was strengthened.
* PlayStation® of the part in PS3® and operational status of the PlayStation®2 standard software were renewed. < The private search sight > with you can verify up-to-date operational status.

Great, this bullshit froze my system. It's stuck on the "Press the PS button" screen, and it's just completely frozen. Even if I completely power it down and unplug it, then restart it, it just comes up to the same frozen screen. What the fuck.

I think this update could have something to do with sony prepping in-game XMB. When I heard that HDD time was much faster, I became curious and I loaded up resistance to test out its in-game xmb friends list and too my surprise it loads much faster. Its a seamless transition now. Theres only a slight delay for your friends' icons...

I know i'm excited.

Raist

Banned
Chris Remo said:
Great, this bullshit froze my system. It's stuck on the "Press the PS button" screen, and it's just completely frozen. Even if I completely power it down and unplug it, then restart it, it just comes up to the same frozen screen. What the fuck.

Did you try to reset your controller ?

Greg

Chris Remo said:
Did you try connecting the controller through USB to see if you get a response? (Not calling you out or anything, just trying to think of possible solutions...)

How about turning the main switch on and then holding the power button for a few seconds until you hear the beeps - or while the system is on and the screen is froze hold the buttons until it resets?

Sorry man, that's about all I can think of.

Top Bottom