• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Music and Audio in Fable 2

SamVT

So...a new Lionhead Video Diary for you to enjoy (Episode 7). Or check out YouTube for a quick fix (At shit quality)

Head On Over to Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Chance to Listen In On “Fable II”

Lionhead Studios Releases Episode 7 of Video Diary Series: The Music and Audio of “Fable II”

Three weeks stand between gamers and their quest to become a hero. “Fable II” will be available exclusively on the Xbox 360 in North America on Oct. 21. In celebration of this occasion, today Lionhead Studios and Microsoft Game Studios released episode 7 of the popular “Fable II” video diary series to Xbox LIVE Marketplace. In this new episode, the team takes viewers on a behind-the-scenes visual and audio tour from Bratislava to London, where music, sound effects and voiceover dialogues breathe life into the colorful art and animations of “Fable II.”

See interviews with various members of the audio development team, including head of music Russell Shaw, who discusses the process of music development in “Fable II,” and hear the audio design team’s humorous quips as they imitate sword and battle cry sound effects, just two of the 9,000 unique sound effects in “Fable II.” Curious to hear the Slovak National Symphony Orchestra play a score from the opening scene of “Fable II” or understand how the team painted layered ambient sound effects onto the “Fable II” map? All this and much more can be seen and heard in this episode, so head on over to Xbox LIVE Marketplace to download the video diary!

pr0cs

Very cool. I'll download the XBLM version as well so you get 'credit' Sam.

Why was the Slovak orchestra chosen.. has Lionhead worked with them in the past? I've always wondered how that worked, it must be expensive to rent out an entire orchestra and conductor for a few days to hammer out the music.

Chinner said:
apparantly you dont know who stephen fry is then

I was thinking of someone else, but yea I do know who he is, but not by name, awesome

I recognized his voice quicker in the LBP tutorial

somehow I was thinking Stephen Lynch...

Does anybody else find it funny that Stephen Fry is adding his voice to 2 different video games for 2 different systems both coming out on October 21st?

Falagard

Was that Ron Glass from Firefly (Shepherd Book) at the end saying "Why did you do that?"

Sounded like him, and looked like him as well.

Stormwatch said:
Does anybody else find it funny that Stephen Fry is adding his voice to 2 different video games for 2 different systems both coming out on October 21st?

One game from Lionhead Studios, and the other from a studio set up by former Lionhead employees :D

pswii60

OK for those who don't know... Just some of the voice actors in Fable II.

Stephen Fry

Famous for comedy, acting, being quintessentially English and very intelligent. Part of comedy duo with Hugh laurie (now House) in the 80s/90s, was in Jeeves and Wooster, Blackadder, currently hosts QI and has been in various films including Gosford Park and V for Vendetta.

stephen_fry_2.jpg

Zoe Wanamaker

Famous British actress, currently in hit BBC comedy "My Family".

zoe11_e_3037d1bce01c13631a6a31672519ba90.jpg

Julia Sawalha

Another famous British actress. Made her breakthrough with Press Gang, played Saffie in Absolutely Fabulous back in the 90s, was in Jonathan Creek and currently appearing in BBC costume dramas.

wdytya3_08_sawalha.jpg

All three are more famous than Andy Serkis, but interestingly, Lionhead don't feel the need to constantly shove it down your throat.

pswii60 said:
Julia Sawalha

Another famous British actress. Made her breakthrough with Press Gang, played Saffie in Absolutely Fabulous with French & Saunders back in the 90s, was in Jonathan Creek and currently appearing in BBC costume dramas.

wdytya3_08_sawalha.jpg

Also had a shrine to her build by Richard Herring on Fist Of Fun, and he ended up nobbing her.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Francias Castiglione said:
Also had a shrine to her build by Richard Herring on Fist Of Fun, and he ended up nobbing her.
How eloquently put. :lol

pswii60

Francias Castiglione said:
I used to fancy her when she was in Press Gang (almost 20 years ago now, SHIT). Dexter Fletcher was nobbing her then.

pswii60

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Stephen Fry! He is awesome. He was jut in LBP, now this? He can't get enough games.
His narration in LBP is fucking awesome. In fact, it's his narration that makes the game initially stand out so much.

Can't wait to hear some voice acting from him in Fable 2 though. His voice is perfect for videogames IMO. I just wish developers/publishers would hire big voice talent like this for every game.

We need some more John Cleese too. It's been a good while since he did Jade Empire.

pswii60

Chinner said:
They should get Jeremy Clarkson to be a voice in a videogame. Would be highly entertaining.
Meanwhile. And on that bombshell.

EDIT: Actually, get him in as a narrator for Forza 3. He could give amusing voiceovers as you select a particular car.

Phthisis

pswii60 said:
Meanwhile. And on that bombshell.

EDIT: Actually, get him in as a narrator for Forza 3. He could give amusing voiceovers as you select a particular car.

"Rubbish"
*change car selection*
"Rubbish"
*change car selection*
"Rubbish"
*change car selection*
"Rubbish"

Top Bottom