• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you remember, names you don't

stufte

There's an old PC game I'm trying to track down.

Point and click adventure game, horror/mystery/suspense? Starts in a crazy insane asylum/hospital where they're about to give you a lobotomy and you have to escape. I'm guessing 1994 or 1995? release date.

I played about half way through it when I was younger and want to go back and play through the rest of the game. Any ideas?

There's an old PC game I'm trying to track down.

Point and click adventure game, horror/mystery/suspense? Starts in a crazy insane asylum/hospital where they're about to give you a lobotomy and you have to escape. I'm guessing 1994 or 1995? release date.

I played about half way through it when I was younger and want to go back and play through the rest of the game. Any ideas?

This is a long shot, but could it be Darkseed? That was 1992.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Seed_(video_game)

This is going to be a long shot, because I have only really vague memories about this game. I only know for sure it was an NES game. I think that it:

• was a multi-cart type situation with three games total.
  • the one I'm thinking of was Robin Hood themed, but maybe it was just similar. Definitely kinda medieval.
  • it seemed to be your typical 2D action-platformer king of thing, from what I remember.
  • maybe there was a level when you were underground, like in a cave or sewer?

I know that's not much to go off of, but I've googled everything I can think of with no luck. I can try and answer any questions that might help.

This is going to be a long shot, because I have only really vague memories about this game. I only know for sure it was an NES game. I think that it:

• was a multi-cart type situation with three games total.
  • the one I'm thinking of was Robin Hood themed, but maybe it was just similar. Definitely kinda medieval.
  • it seemed to be your typical 2D action-platformer king of thing, from what I remember.
  • maybe there was a level when you were underground, like in a cave or sewer?

I know that's not much to go off of, but I've googled everything I can think of with no luck. I can try and answer any questions that might help.

Sounds like Quattro Adventure. One of the games was indeed Robin Hood and there was a sewer level

nes_quattro_adventure_2.gif

quattro_adventure.cover.front.jpg

peronmls

I got 2 games I can't remember.

1. This really old PC game.

You are a robot.
I think you find clues.
...that's all I got to remember. Haha

2. Another old game. A child's game I used to play when I was little.
A barn with (I think) talking animals.
Songs in it such as 3 blind mice.
Played this on a windows 98

A friend of mine is looking for a SNES game where you are a dough/modeling-clay ball that could transform into animals it touches and the first boss is a flying beagle with huge ears.
Does anyone maybe have a idea?

Robso

There was a game on the Megadrive (Genesis), I believe it was a platformer. You were a kid with a football, I believe it could be used to knock out enemies and the first level took place on a street.

I'm sure I haven't just made this up.

Turnstyle

Ok, this is quite a new one...

It's an iPad game that the Giantbomb crew have talked about in the bombcast quite a bit. It sounds like you have to make burgers and pour soda, fulfilling customers orders? It's not Diner Dash or anything from that series.

I think my wife would like it but I can't remember the name.

Help!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I got 2 games I can't remember.

1. This really old PC game.

You are a robot.
I think you find clues.
...that's all I got to remember. Haha

2. Another old game. A child's game I used to play when I was little.
A barn with (I think) talking animals.
Songs in it such as 3 blind mice.
Played this on a windows 98

Mixed Up Mother Goose for #2?

Ok, this is quite a new one...

It's an iPad game that the Giantbomb crew have talked about in the bombcast quite a bit. It sounds like you have to make burgers and pour soda, fulfilling customers orders? It's not Diner Dash or anything from that series.

I think my wife would like it but I can't remember the name.

Help!

Cook, Serve, Delicious

FryHole

There are two games that I played during the PS1/N64 era. I remember a few things about them, but I've completely forgotten their names.

- One of those was on the Playstation. It was some kind of action/adventure/platformer hybrid that looked pretty dark and gritty. I only fully remember a really disturbing stage music that had squeaking ducks and gory sounds on the background of some kind of lullaby tune. I remember finishing the game, but can't remember anything else about it for some reason.

- The other was on the N64. I remember the game having tons of green textures and your mission was to go to or land on some kind of monster infested area and shoot (with guns) all the monsters you see. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe they were huge spiders. I know this isn't much info to go on, but I don't really remember too much about it.

Both of these are guesses, but try maybe try Shadowman for the PlayStation one and Body Harvest for the N64?

Edit: Shadowman Playrooms music with accompanying duck squeaks :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghSuER5Sgh0

DonMigs85

Please help me recall this 16-bit platformer.
It involved one of the bosses (a female cat or fox I think) escaping with a gem and getting swallowed by a giant worm. Your character also gets swallowed and then later you see the digested remains (bones) of the boss who was swallowed earlier. However in the American version of the game, you see her lying unconscious instead.
As far as I know it's not Rocket Knight or Mr. Nutz
EDIT: FINALLY found it! Ardy Lightfoot.

Celine

Please help me recall this 16-bit platformer.
It involved one of the bosses (a female cat or fox I think) escaping with a gem and getting swallowed by a giant worm. Your character also gets swallowed and then later you see the digested remains (bones) of the boss who was swallowed earlier. However in the American version of the game, you see her lying unconscious instead.
As far as I know it's not Rocket Knight or Mr. Nutz
Ardy Lightfoot

I remember playing a platformer on PC in the '90s named "Kid". Its graphics were 8-bit-ish if I remember correctly and even though I had no speakers, sound came out of my PC miraculously. So, I do know the name of the game but I can't seem to find anything on the internet about it. Anybody know what I'm talking about? It looked awfully generic and its goal was to reach the end of the level and collect fruits along the way.

I remember playing a platformer on PC in the '90s named "Kid". Its graphics were 8-bit-ish if I remember correctly and even though I had no speakers, sound came out of my PC miraculously. So, I do know the name of the game but I can't seem to find anything on the internet about it. Anybody know what I'm talking about? It looked awfully generic and its goal was to reach the end of the level and collect fruits along the way.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/kid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeaoDhRpOlI

Description
Collect the fruit, avoid the snakes and creatures and try not to fall in any pitfalls in Kid. Stephan Vogler's straightforward platform game let's you play as the titular "Kid" and advance through a handful of levels while trying to survive the usual foes. Plan your path well because those blocks you keep busting with your head could lead to a safer path and an exit worth more points. You have three lives and no continues after a game over scenario but you will pick up exactly where you left off after each lost life. Getting hit once by enemies will do you in. A high score table is displayed at the end but you must score higher than 1000 points to end up on it.

Hulohot

Neo Member
Long shot, absolute vague memories of this game. I don't even remember what console it was on but I only had a Sega Genesis and Playstation 1 so it's either of them.

It was (in english) a japanese mech anime game, about a bunch of kids with robots and you need to collect coins to upgrade them robots...

I remember one level taking place at some kind of dock, and another, you arrive in the level its a desert and there is a big cave ahead and you fight the robots to get in the cave.

Don't even remember how the combat was, or what kind of view... might have been isometric.

XaosWolf

Two I'm trying to remember names for. Both on PC.

1) Tube based shooter where you play as some woman with a laser pew pew gun.
The enemies are bugs and that's basically the gist of it.

2) I think it was some kind of combat/racer/obstacle course game where all the characters have a ball for their lower body.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It was a PS One game, but man, me and my brother have tried to remember its name with no luck.

It was 3D. It followed a crazy space character who had a laser gun. There was even one 'terminal' (or something similar) where, if one interacted with it, one would be disintegrated and left as literally dust.

I need to know! It's killing me in the inside!

there was this computer game that was similair to manic mansion(but it's not that).

The game was released somewhere before 1996. You started out in front of a mansion and you would move you character by typing what to do. For example, in the begining, you would enter the house by finding the key under the pumpkin. you would do this by typing "look under the pumpkin" or something similair.

Hanmik

there was this computer game that was similair to manic mansion(but it's not that).

The game was released somewhere before 1996. You started out in front of a mansion and you would move you character by typing what to do. For example, in the begining, you would enter the house by finding the key under the pumpkin. you would do this by typing "look under the pumpkin" or something similair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bklfbpP5J5Q

Hugo's House of Horrors

It was a PS One game, but man, me and my brother have tried to remember its name with no luck.

It was 3D. It followed a crazy space character who had a laser gun. There was even one 'terminal' (or something similar) where, if one interacted with it, one would be disintegrated and left as literally dust.

Rascal maybe? Not really space though:-/

http://www.listal.com/game/rascal-playstation

jayb

I used to play a game on a Tandy 1000 that featured 1-2 player military guys on foot, shooting their way though a vertically moving battlefield (I believe it only scrolled up as you moved, rather than auto-scrolling). It had a top down view. Any ideas what that game was?

I used to play a game on a Tandy 1000 that featured 1-2 player military guys on foot, shooting their way though a vertically moving battlefield (I believe it only scrolled up as you moved, rather than auto-scrolling). It had a top down view. Any ideas what that game was?

Ikari Warriors?

1181242122380.png

Commando?

mrplaid

Fade to Black, perhaps? (http://youtu.be/HemTrsZ4Drw)

The YouTube video is from the PC version, but it was released on the PS1, as well.

okay gaf, i'm testing your skills:

i'm searching a learning game possibly for DOS or windows 95. you played a alien (i think) and there were different tasks you had to do. one thing was flying with a jetpack and do math. you were flying upwards and you can only pass through the gates with the right solution to an equation. or something like that.

in a second part of the game you were sorting trash, possibly with math questions too. might be a german game not sure about that.

Retro

okay gaf, i'm testing your skills:

i'm searching a learning game possibly for DOS or windows 95. you played a alien (i think) and there were different tasks you had to do. one thing was flying with a jetpack and do math. you were flying upwards and you can only pass through the gates with the right solution to an equation. or something like that.

in a second part of the game you were sorting trash, possibly with math questions too. might be a german game not sure about that.

These both sound like Math Blaster Plus; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX29J_qtd7Q

2:49 for the jetpack game, 6:40 for the trash sorting game.

Blasto?

Fenror

Neo Member
This is driving me crazy. Back in 2000/2001 I played this freeware (I think) light cycles game. In fact I was so sure it was actually called "Light Cycles" or something like that, but I've googled for like half an hour now and I just can't find it. It looked pretty much like this, but with better/flashier colors. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

stufte

This is driving me crazy. Back in 2000/2001 I played this freeware (I think) light cycles game. In fact I was so sure it was actually called "Light Cycles" or something like that, but I've googled for like half an hour now and I just can't find it. It looked pretty much like this, but with better/flashier colors. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

if it was 3d it might have been Cycles 3D

Hmm maybe someone can help me here as I just remembered a game I played like 2-3 years ago on the Logitech website. It was a promotion to one of Logitech's new keyboards at that time and you played with four different colored goo balls or something, does someone know the name of it and if it actually still exists?

decaf

I remember playing a free indie game made with something like Click n Create/Multimedia Fusion around 10 years ago. It was a game where you played a sheep going around with a variety of guns shooting people in rooms from a bird's eye view. Not dissimilar to Hotline Miami, really.

Any ideas?

okay i need help here, anyone remember a NDS RPG (pretty sure it was a JRPG) with time traveling, some of the characters counterparts (from other time) come from these portals to warn about things during the story, though i dont remeber the "main party" traveling (maybe they travel later in the game), 3d battles with party system and that's pretty much all i remember.

it wasn't randiant historia or chrono trigger, help me guys.

Top Bottom