• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Treasures (DS) - V Jump x S-E RPG - Teaser site open

duckroll

http://www.crotre.com/

Nothing much to see here. Characters designs by Shinya Suzuki, developed by syn Sophia Inc. As I mentioned before, this is a DS RPG where S-E has been getting feedback and suggestions from readers of the magazine over several months, and plan on implementing many of the ideas suggested by readers. Sounds stupid tbh, and it doesn't look interesting either.

jman2050

duckroll said:
http://www.crotre.com/

Nothing much to see here. Characters designs by Shinya Suzuki, developed by syn Sophia Inc. As I mentioned before, this is a DS RPG where S-E has been getting feedback and suggestions from readers of the magazine over several months, and plan on implementing many of the ideas suggested by readers. Sounds stupid tbh, and it doesn't look interesting either.

Attempting to directly draw ideas from the one place people in those positions should not be getting their ideas. This will end beautifully!

dhb86h.jpg

zvx7vs.jpg

28l5js2.jpg

id80ib.jpg

Surgeon Isa

Neo Member
esc said:
Looks ugly.

Like your face!
Sorry

Hud reminds me of one in Soma Bringer.
Visually, this game based on those shots seems like a cross of Dragon Monsters: Joker and the SaGa 2 DS remake. Looks nice.

Whats with all the crossovers recently?

Seems like every jp game company's doing at least 1.

Cross Edge, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Jump Superstars, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Mario vs Sonic, etc etc.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Ogrekiller said:

Cross Edge, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Jump Superstars, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Mario vs Sonic, etc etc.
Probably something to do with the sign of the times; cutting budgets off original IPs that may not sell and trying to gain as much money as possible in the easiest manner with big names behind a certain product.

Record companies do it all the time when you get a "duet" between two huge stars. Only reason it happens is to sell sell sell.

DogWelder

Surgeon Isa said:
Like your face!
Sorry

Hud reminds me of one in Soma Bringer.
Visually, this game based on those shots seems like a cross of Dragon Monsters: Joker and the SaGa 2 DS remake. Looks nice.
Sorry but imo there are so few DS games that look good with 3d sprites.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
it seems to have multiplayer as in the boss fight you can see 3 people on stage.

I love the 2D art, but the ingame art lacks geometry...

let's see how the game evolves

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So what Squeenix properties will be featured in this crossover? Cause I sure as hell don't know shit about V-Jump.

EDIT: Oh wait, it's just a collaboration and not a real crossover? Blegh.

Roland

So the cross aspect is that Square Enix is taking suggestions from V Jump readers? Or does it actually feature crossovers of some established series?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Roland said:
So the cross aspect is that Square Enix is taking suggestions from V Jump readers? Or does it actually feature crossovers of some established series?
It's a collaboration riding on two names (Square Enix & V Jump), as well as the prospect of a "fan developed" game and I use that term loosely.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Don't they know that letting people who don't know how to develop games dictate on what you do is a bad idea? Yeah sure, listening to the fans is one thing, but that's just listening.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Zanasea said:
Looks so terribly generic. Another useless DS RPG from Square? :(
lol

btw. For a SE DS RPG it kinda look lame, i expect more from them.
but since it will be/stay japan-exklusive i dont even care.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Looks kinda neat. Honestly when this was announced I thought it was going to be the next Mitsuru Kamiyama game so my expectations were, well I didn't have any.

Why do I hear Luffy in that trailer? :lol

B-Dex

So Square Enix makes a game based off of magazine readers monsters/item/ideas and apparently its crap?

I don't' get it...

It seems like a really great opportunity/trial to see how it would go designing a game based off of almost strictly fan feedback.

I'm sure the people whose art is shown as being used and made into the game are super excited about it.

I'd give it a shot.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Looks kinda neat. Honestly when this was announced I thought it was going to be the next Mitsuru Kamiyama game so my expectations were, well I didn't have any.

Why do I hear Luffy in that trailer? :lol

Huh? Wouldn't it make sense that Kamiyama is now working on Crystal Bearers? That's the most likely scenario, and that explains the impressive engine on the Wii.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Huh? Wouldn't it make sense that Kamiyama is now working on Crystal Bearers? That's the most likely scenario, and that explains the impressive engine on the Wii.
I didn't think he was working on Crystal Bearers after Echoes of Time was announced, I guess it's likely though.

linsivvi

Ogrekiller said:

Dynasty Warriors Gundam is outsourced to Koei and developed using the Musou engine, but it isn't a crossover at all. It's just that someone decided to add the Dynasty Warriors name onto the game since Gundam isn't very well known in the West.

Jump Superstars isn't even recent.

It looks like a variation on the Echoes of Time engine.

If it means even more loot whoring/ customizing without having to worry about having to meet some kind of Final Fantasy quota for the things in- game, and maybe being a bit looser in terms of what ends up in game, I'll be picking up my copy then.

I'd like to see what the inventory and equipment screens look like. I wonder if it'll be like the DS Crystal Chronicle games and the new Blue Dragon one where your clothing is just one piece, or more like DQ9 where individual parts are all separately equipped.

And who knows, it might come out in English. It's got a pretty generic fantasy art style going for it, and it's not like there's anything in V-Jump really that's completely unique to the magazine (unless licensed stuff shows up in the game).

I wouldn't give up hope on seeing it localized just yet. Square likes money after all. They sure do seem to like mine at least...

Top Bottom