• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Late Night Wars - Conan's last Tonight Show was TONIGHT a long time ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkhero1

Anyone have a clip of when Conan was interviewing Harrison Ford and Jordan came out to ask him a question. Harrison Ford was like "Who gives a shit" after Jordan took a while to ask him a question.

Linkhero1 said:
Anyone have a clip of when Conan was interviewing Harrison Ford and Jordan came out to ask him a question. Harrison Ford was like "Who gives a shit" after Jordan took a while to ask him a question.
skz77l.gif

:lol

Boogie9IGN

I just finished watching the last episode, damn Conan's speech was sad and max looked like he was tryin not to cry before the last performance ):

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
See You Next Wednesday said:
:lol :lol :lol
he got banned for talking bad about coco. i hope this teaches others if they even think of something bad about the king here.
Nah, he was just banned for being a major douche.

bean breath said:
Sorry if these have been posted already but here are some of my favorite Conan clips w/ one his producers, Jordan Schlansky.
First Thanksgiving in LA.
Dinner with Jordan.
Writers Strike clip that I wish I could find the rest of.

Shit, does NBC own Jordan now?

(Thank you for posting this. It's like my favorite Conan bit of all time.)

"Don't back it up all the way!"

:lol :lol

Although, DAMN, this thread needs more INTERRUPTING GUY. I can't seem to find him anywhere on YouTube.

:(

numble

BenjaminBirdie said:

Although, DAMN, this thread needs more INTERRUPTING GUY. I can't seem to find him anywhere on YouTube.

No, I think Jordan is an employee of Conaco--NBC paid Conaco and Conan hired his own staff, etc. But Wing Pang might be owned by NBC.

OK, so I'm someone that has never watched the Conan Show and I'm wondering if there is a site that I can watch clips from the start, to the end show? I'm in the UK, so some of these links require a US IP.

Also, some people mention that he has been going for 16 years, and others are saying since last summer?

BenjaminBirdie said:

What's the episode with the whole "its craptastic..." interrupting guy...?

Thomper

MarkMclovin said:
OK, so I'm someone that has never watched the Conan Show and I'm wondering if there is a site that I can watch clips from the start, to the end show? I'm in the UK, so some of these links require a US IP.

Also, some people mention that he has been going for 16 years, and others are saying since last summer?
Just browse through this thread. Hundreds of video's have been posted already. Go to tonightshow.com for many clips from his Tonight Show, all accessible to those from the UK.

Conan's been a host of a show-that's-on-late-at-night for the past 17 or so years now, but the first 16 years of that was hosting the Late Night Show, which is on at 12:30, and since June 2009 he's been hosting the Tonight Show, which is the show before the Late Night Show, and starts at 11:30.

GCX

MarkMclovin said:

Late Night with Conan O'Brien aired from 1994 to 2009.

Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien aired from June 2009 to January 2010.

Thomper said:
Just browse through this thread. Hundreds of video's have been posted already. Go to tonightshow.com for many clips from his Tonight Show, all accessible to those from the UK.

Conan's been a host of a show-that's-on-late-at-night for the past 17 or so years now, but the first 16 years of that was hosting the Late Night Show, which is on at 12:30, and since June 2009 he's been hosting the Tonight Show, which is the show before the Late Night Show, and starts at 11:30.

I see, thanks.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dick Ebersol continues to talk. On the Dan Patrick show of all places.

NBC executive Dick Ebersol joined the show to talk about the Olympics and the network moving Jay Leno back to 11:35 and losing Conan O'Brien.

"The one person who was largely innocent in all this was Jay," Ebersol said.

Ebersol said Leno didn't ask to move off the late-night spot. Ebersol said they made a huge mistake five years ago by assuming Leno's audience would crumble. That's when they made sure that Conan was wrapped up.

Ebersol said when the deadline for moving Conan to late night approached, several networks -- "ABC in particular" -- came after Leno. Ebersol said that NBC then decided to move Leno to 10 p.m.

Ebersol said Conan had a "nice little show," but he hadn't talked to him since he moved to late night.

Ebersol said that he spoke out last week because he was tired of the way the story was being spun. "I couldn't handle sitting out there and listening to people really be tough on Leno," Ebersol said.

Ebersol pointed out he isn't just a Leno apologist. In fact, 17 years ago he voted to keep Letterman at NBC over CBS. But Ebersol said that he quickly learned that Leno was a ratings beast. Ebersol said he's funnier than Letterman and that made all the difference.

Ebersol also talked about the nature of late-night TV. He said that a long time ago when he was putting together Saturday Night Live, Johnny Carson advised him to be broad. And that has worked for Leno. His monologue has always beaten Letterman's.

"The one person who was largely innocent in all this was Jay," Ebersol said.

Ebersol pointed out he isn't just a Leno apologist. In fact, 17 years ago he voted to keep Letterman at NBC over CBS. But Ebersol said that he quickly learned that Leno was a ratings beast. Ebersol said he's funnier than Letterman and that made all the difference.

lol_cat-12926.jpg

Lion Heart said:
I wish they made a one hour show with Conan and Shlanksy doing nothing but normal activities. Man thats the funniest shit on tv.

I love when Conan just starts absentmindedly stabbing the table. That shit is just so hilariously real.

Thomper

CougRon said:
Wow. Got this via Major Nelson's twitter this morning - How Jay Leno is like Hitler
Sure, that's written by a satirist, and it's meant to be not-taken-too-seriously. But I still feel that's taking it too far. Jay Leno is a guy that's not funny, and he can be cunning when it comes to getting what he wants/considers his. But comparing him to one of the worst dictators of all time, albeit satirically? Eh. That's just not necessary.

Kintaro said:
Dick Ebersol continues to talk.

Honestly, I think Dick just got sore (tee hee) because Conan joked about the fact that NBC will be losing hundreds of millions of dollars on the Olympics. (Ebersol, of course, is managing NBC's involvement with the Olympics.) What this is really about is the astounding failure of Dick Ebersol.

Cyan

Banned
Thomper said:
Sure, that's written by a satirist, and it's meant to be not-taken-too-seriously. But I still feel that's taking it too far. Jay Leno is a guy that's not funny, and he can be cunning when it comes to getting what he wants/considers his. But comparing him to one of the worst dictators of all time, albeit satirically? Eh. That's just not necessary.
It's pretty clearly mocking Coco fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom