• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi And Image Epoch Making Criminal Girls, A "Girl Punishing RPG"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If this rumor is true, Imageepoch seems to be going in a uh... "interesting" direction.

Siliconera said:
Rumor: Nippon Ichi Partners With Imageepoch To Make Criminal Girls
By Spencer . August 3, 2010 . 1:48am

Unconfirmed reports about a Nippon Ichi and Imageepoch partnership are spreading on Japanese message boards. Imageepoch are the developers of the Luminous Arc series and Fate/Extra.

This week’s issue of Dengeki PlayStation has a feature on Criminal Girls, an upcoming PSP RPG developed by the two companies. Rumored details claim the RPG has a top down view with 2D dot graphics. Instead of playing a typical hero, Criminal Girls puts you in the shoes of a prison guard. The goal of the game is to rehabilitate girls trapped in criminal hell.

Criminal Girls sounds quite different from any other Nippon Ichi game to date and we’re searching for more details. As soon as we have any we’ll post ‘em.

Update: More details about Criminal Girls are leaking out. Brace yourself this is about to get bizarre. The tagline is a girls punishing RPG. Players can punish girls by spanking them, locking them up, and giving healing massages. Hell in this game is an actual place and these “punishments” are designed to help the girls move back into the real world. The seven girls (Kisaragi, Arisu, and Tomoe were revealed) embody different deadly sins. Kisaragi, for example, represents greed. Arisu is pride.
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/0...tners-with-imageepoch-to-make-criminal-minds/

AndriaSang said:
Spank Naughty Girls in Nippon Ichi and Image Epoch's New PSP RPG
What's next from the publisher of Disgaea and the developer of Last Ranker.
Posted Aug 03, 2010 at 17:55, By Anoop Gantayat

The genre for Nippon Ichi and Image Epoch's new PSP title is "RPG Where You Punish Girls." While the new game has 2D sprite visuals and an overhead view, the subject matter seems to be leaning a bit toward the adult side.

Details on the all new Criminal Girls have leaked out from this week's Dengeki PlayStation (thanks for the heads-up, Yuan!). In this unique RPG, you assume the role of guardian to young female criminals who've ended up in hell. You'll need to reform these girls as you lead them to the top of a tower and eventually back into the living world.

How you go about reforming the girls is where the "punish" part of the genre comes into play. You'll apparently be able to physically punish the girls. Screens in the magazine show the option for spanking, for instance. Some of these punishments require the game to use mosaics so that you don't see certain areas.

In an interview, the staff said that the punishment component is a central element to the game. They believe the game's CERO rating won't be too harsh, as all you're doing is punishing the girls.

Outside of the punishment system, the game will also have a battle system of some form. Details will be shared on this system in a future update.

Dengeki introduces three of the seven girls you'll be guiding in the game: Kisaragi (voiced by Tomoko Hasegawa), Arisu (voiced by Ai Matayoshi) and Tomoe (voiced by Yumi Hara). They're each associated with a particular sin.

According to the leaked reports (and just so we're clear, I haven't seen the magazine for myself), Criminal Girls will be released on November 18 in retail and download form.
Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/03/criminal_girls/

Dresden

Update: More details about Criminal Girls are leaking out. Brace yourself this is about to get bizarre. The tagline is a girls punishing RPG. Players can punish girls by spanking them, locking them up, and giving healing massages.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This might be interesting if it wasn't going to be turned into something super skeevy immediately after it comes out.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Goodnight everybody!

sexyyak.jpg

Lain

I was thinking that the premise didn't interest me, until I saw this line
Update: More details about Criminal Girls are leaking out. Brace yourself this is about to get bizarre. The tagline is a girls punishing RPG. Players can punish girls by spanking them, locking them up, and giving healing massages.
Now I'm sold on this idea and this game.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Lambtron said:
This might be interesting if it wasn't going to be turned into something super skeevy immediately after it comes out.
It's not an original idea. There's a game that I've played that has a somewhat similar premise, but the punishments weren't perverted. It was that one loses half of her day via drugs, one could not disobey their mom, and the last one couldn't touch anyone of the opposite sex. Punishment for breaking those rules was death.

I'll have to hear/see more of this game though. Hopefully it's got that NIS humor in it.

Pandaman said:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2qw0l1f.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Aya you slut.

Beth Cyra

This sounds scary to me, and I actually found the idea of Love Plus weirdly intresting, but this? Yeah I am just terrified.

Is there at least a woman as a player character? Or is this all pretty much a something for a dude to wank to as he gets off on captured females?

Takao

Banned
Poor IE, they have to do games like this, so that they can do games like Last Ranker.

Poor NIS, they think this'll sell.

Bebpo

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
I find their continued existence baffling and off-putting.

It's an unpopular view, but man oh man do I hate them so much.

don't confuse N1 publishing, NIS and N1 the developers.

Financially they are one and the same, but in terms of quality and artistic merits they are three very separate entities and N1 the developers are still respectable rpg makers.

duckroll

Bebpo said:

Financially they are one and the same, but in terms of quality and artistic merits they are three very separate entities.

It's okay to hate both parts too!

Bebpo said:

Financially they are one and the same, but in terms of quality and artistic merits they are three very separate entities and N1 the developers are still respectable rpg makers.
Which one makes the games about half-naked kids?

DEFINITELY not something I expected from Image Epoch. If this makes them money, more power to them. They have so much potential but terrible luck and timing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
chandoog said:
PLEASE ALSO RELEASE THIS SHIT IN ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKERS !!

Agreed, this sounds awesome. At least it's something different in a marketplace full of bland, generic shooters.

duckroll

cosmicblizzard said:
DEFINITELY not something I expected from Image Epoch. If this makes them money, more power to them. They have so much potential but terrible luck and timing.

I dunno. After Luminous Arc 3 and Fate/Extra, this is actually exactly what I expect from the average Image Epoch game now.

duckroll said:
I dunno. After Luminous Arc 3 and Fate/Extra, this is actually exactly what I expect from the average Image Epoch game now.

Totally forget they were involved in Fate/Extra. Well, still wouldn't expect them to go this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom