• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi And Image Epoch Making Criminal Girls, A "Girl Punishing RPG"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ILikeFeet said:
Boney
Sucking and blowing™ 
Post #82 - Today, 08:44 PM

take a look in the mirror
Sucking and blowing is fun though.

All you have is Member.

I can't Member so it's awful.

Also if GAF had standards they wouldn't allow me to post half the stuff I do. And for that I love GAF.

Tzeentch

Nirolak said:
If this rumor is true, Imageepoch seems to be going in a uh... "interesting" direction.
-- This game had me sold at "prison." Preordering.
2606adt.jpg

Ignis Fatuus said:
It sounds like this type of game would work perfectly on the DS.

I suppose Nintendo did not approve.
They were the only hardware manufacturer that allowed BMX XXX to release unedited on their platform.

I doubt they'd have a problem.

wsippel

Banned
Ignis Fatuus said:

I don't think that's it. After Doki Doki Majo Shinpan and KimokawaE!, it's pretty obvious that Nintendo doesn't give a fuck.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Ignis Fatuus said:

Nintendo approved of Doki Doki Majo Shinpan, its sequel, and a (dirtier) remake of the first game.

You bet your ass they would approve of this game on the DS or 3DS had it been announced. The new Nintendo doesn't really give a crap about censoring developers.

Enron

Banned
vectorman06 said:
Icecream's dream game has come true!

I don't know how much you know about icecream, but this is like rookie ball level compared to the typical icecream game.

duckroll

Grimmy said:
Just saw a scan of Criminal Girls.
Your worst fears are realized.

*shakes head*

Is that the same scan I saw? Because it doesn't look very different from the average 2D SD JRPG. Looks quite a bit like 7th Dragon actually.

duckroll

Durante said:
So, is this actually a case of "Image Epoch making Criminal Girls, Nippon Ichi publishing"?

Yes. That is correct. But judging from how all previous Image Epoch games have been, the publisher of the game has a huge impact on the actual quality and polish of the final game. Not all Image Epoch games are alike.

Here's the first (tiny) official look at the game courtesy of the Dengeki games blog:

dps_new477_03.jpg

Boney

Banned
Can somebody explain to me why this thread has so many views? :lol

No wait.. got it mixed up with the STEAM thread :(

Hcoregamer00

duckroll said:
Yes. That is correct. But judging from how all previous Image Epoch games have been, the publisher of the game has a huge impact on the actual quality and polish of the final game. Not all Image Epoch games are alike.

Here's the first (tiny) official look at the game courtesy of the Dengeki games blog:

dps_new477_03.jpg

Big-breasted girl - Check
Lolita - Check
Tsundere - Check

They got most of the tropes, all they need is a samurai girl, a foreigner, and an otaku.

duckroll

Hcoregamer00 said:
Big-breasted girl - Check
Lolita - Check
Tsundere - Check

They got most of the tropes, all they need is a samurai girl, a foreigner, and an otaku.

I think on the left we have nerd girl and on the right we have tomboy and ojou-sama. Not sure about the one on the far left, could be anything. As long as one of the remaining four is a meganekko all is good.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
One of them will definitely be a furry.

Hoping to see a Yandere!

Durante

The question now is which sin will be associated with each of the archetypes. For some it's straightforward, but not for all of them.

The other question is whether there will be a "childhood friend" girl.

charsace

Japan already has a ton of these re-educate females games. What's the name of that game where you re-educate girls on a train?

duckroll said:

dps_new477_03.jpg

2 cat/dog/fox/whatever girls? That's a bit redundant.

Bebpo

Banned
actually I think they're twins but one is a doggirl and one is a catgirl since Japanese dog ears point downwards and cat ears point upwards.

why I am putting this much thought into this :(

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
A Huge Battleship said:
Maybe they're twins. That's another usual one.

Twins with a reversed colour scheme. Now that is original!

Guessing the 3 girls are greed, sloth and pride. That just leaves lust, gluttony, wrath and envy.

duckroll

I don't think they're just using the traditional 7 deadly sins, according to the article anyway.

The one on the right is Kisaragi, and her sin is greed. Apparently she can alter the price and value of items.

The one in the middle is Arisu, and her sin is heresy. She has a special vision ability which allows her to see things which are invisible.

The one on the left is Tomoe, and her sin is desire. She seems to inflict her charm on everything around her, but she doesn't seem to be consciously aware of it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I always thought the dating game genre would thrive in a women's prison setting. This is innovation, my friends.

zoku88

duckroll said:
Nothing there yet, but the info page does say the character designer is Ichihaya. I think it's this guy: (NSFW SITE WARNING) NSF-ANYONE (WARNING SITE IS NSFW)
You have a bigger memory database of japanese artists than I do >.>

That actually says a lot...

7Th

duckroll said:
Nothing there yet, but the info page does say the character designer is Ichihaya. I think it's this guy: (NSFW SITE WARNING) NSF-ANYONE (WARNING SITE IS NSFW)

I'm sure it's that guy. I don't get why they decided to get a loli-doujinshi fanartist as main artist for a relatively mainstream game, though. :lol

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
7Th said:
I'm sure it's that guy. I don't get why they decided to get a loli-doujinshi fanartist as main artist for a relatively mainstream game, though. :lol
It's not like it's uncommon. :p

ILikeFeet said:
I did and I got a picture of Cynthia licking Dawn's toes (yea, the pokemon characters)
I knew I recognized that drawing style.

Durante

It seems like it's completely 2D? Nice. PSP is better than DS, but it's still not really capable of doing attractive 3D.

Hcoregamer00

Regulus Tera said:
In general Tsundere >>> Big-breasted girls

This is not the exception.

I agree, tsunderes are awesome

c1cb4722.jpg

But I think they should be based on a case by base basis

Awesome Tsundere: Shana, Nagi, Kyou, Rin, Battler, Lelouch, May Wong, Misaka
Bad Tsundere: Naru, Jessica, Kallen, Sakura

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yandere >>>> Tsundere

Yandere.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom