• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi And Image Epoch Making Criminal Girls, A "Girl Punishing RPG"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I hope Lindsay Lohan is not among the cast of characters :lol

duckroll

cosmicblizzard said:
Totally forget they were involved in Fate/Extra. Well, still wouldn't expect them to go this far.

It's kinda pointless at this point to discuss how "far" they're going when no one here knows what the game even looks like. :p

farnham said:
well

id say its basically

doki doki majo shinpan

Hcoregamer00 said:
So basically this is Doki Doki Majo Shinpan for the PSP :eek:

Reading this, I just had to google some gameplay videos. :lol

Actually, gameplay looks pretty tame compared to the description of it.

duckroll said:
It's kinda pointless at this point to discuss how "far" they're going when no one here knows what the game even looks like. :p

Well I can't imagine it will be anything but their riskiest game yet from the concept alone, but hey what do I know? On the other hand, I expected NIS to do something like this sooner or later (if they haven't already).

ILikeFeet

Banned
highluxury said:
Wouldve been super hot in the early 80's japan. Now, most will probably shrug.

you have to get really kinky to get a hard-on now. like a futa hentai with a girl forcing the other into submission, tying her down and stroke her cock with her master's stocking-covered feet.

Bento

djtiesto said:
Agreed, this sounds awesome. At least it's something different in a marketplace full of bland, generic shooters.
Agreed! The Japanese market is flooded with generic shooters and sure need one more super niched JRPG with no international appeal whatsoever.

For real though, do you really think the western marketplace is full of "bland, generic shooters"? I'd suggest you take off your goggles and play more games mate.

Regarding the game;

Seems weird, which is to expected when NIS is involved, but I do hope they try and craft a good gaming experience, hopefully this can be expected from Image Epoch, and not sit idly by hoping the premise itself will deliver the goods.

Beth Cyra

cosmicblizzard said:
Well I can't imagine it will be anything but their riskiest game yet from the concept alone, but hey what do I know? On the other hand, I expected NIS to do something like this sooner or later (if they haven't already).

I know I said it scares me and it does, but is this really a risk? I mean a dude married his DS, so why would it be risky to think some guys would like to punshish girls on their PSP's.

Pandaman said:
2qw0l1f.png
I liked this. What manga is it from?

Also, the idea sounds interesting =P I like a lot of Nippon Icchi games, and i'm a weeaboo anyway, so I'll embrace my nerdiness and keep an eye out for this.

zoku88

Sohter.Nura said:
I liked this. What manga is it from?

Also, the idea sounds interesting =P I like a lot of Nippon Icchi games, and i'm a weeaboo anyway, so I'll embrace my nerdiness and keep an eye out for this.
It's from some touhou doujin, from the looks of it.

duckroll

cosmicblizzard said:

I don't think there's anything really risky about a 2D top-down dungeon crawling RPG where your party attempts to get to the top of a tower.

duckroll said:
I don't think there's anything really risky about a 2D top-down dungeon crawling RPG where your party attempts to get to the top of a tower.

TruePrime said:
I know I said it scares me and it does, but is this really a risk? I mean a dude married his DS, so why would it be risky to think some guys would like to punshish girls on their PSP's.

Risky by our standards? You know what, never mind this is going nowhere. I lost so I'm just gonna pre-order right now.

mollipen

I am... quite interested in this.

Next up: Konami makes a version of Love Plus where you work to break your girl into submission!

duckroll

Pandaman said:
well, most of us dont want to go to prison, so there's atleast that.

Why not? Free food, lodging, friends, sex, etc. What more could you ask for? Tax dollars are going to running prisons anyway, so it would be a waste not to use the facilities...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
duckroll said:
Why not? Free food, lodging, friends, sex, etc. What more could you ask for? Tax dollars are going to running prisons anyway, so it would be a waste not to use the facilities...
hmm... internet and library services too.

shit, is there a white collar crimes for dummies book?

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Hell in this game is an actual place and these “punishments” are designed to help the girls move back into the real world. The seven girls (Kisaragi, Arisu, and Tomoe were revealed) embody different deadly sins. Kisaragi, for example, represents greed. Arisu is pride.

Proving for the umpteenth time that the elaborate scenario justifications are the best part of these games.

When will you learn not to give the most entertaining part away for free, niche Japanese game developers? When will you learn?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Bento said:
Agreed! The Japanese market is flooded with generic shooters and sure need one more super niched JRPG with no international appeal whatsoever.

For real though, do you really think the western marketplace is full of "bland, generic shooters"? I'd suggest you take off your goggles and play more games mate.

Regarding the game;

Seems weird, which is to expected when NIS is involved, but I do hope they try and craft a good gaming experience, hopefully this can be expected from Image Epoch, and not sit idly by hoping the premise itself will deliver the goods.

Yes I do think the western marketplace is full of "bland, generic shooters", and I play and buy a lot of games...

Not every game needs to have international appeal or sell a lot to be an interesting and fun game (not saying this will be an interesting and fun game, but who knows?). I have way more fun playing super-obscure Lovedelic games than I do with something like Halo.

djtiesto said:
Yes I do think the western marketplace is full of "bland, generic shooters", and I play and buy a lot of games...

Not every game needs to have international appeal or sell a lot to be an interesting and fun game (not saying this will be an interesting and fun game, but who knows?). I have way more fun playing super-obscure Lovedelic games than I do with something like Halo.
What is wrong with you

InfiniteNine said:
It's NIS so I think NISA will probably try eventually.
NISA doesn't publish everything NIS does (see Infinite Loop, Second Novel), but this has... potential. I'll need to see some gameplay before I decide what I think about this.

Parallax Scroll said:
I see that Nippon Ichi has found a way to one-up itself.

Remember this video game company that made great, hilarious SRPGs with all that wacky stat-boostin' fun? I think their last game was on the PS3...

Grimmy

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:
NISA doesn't publish everything NIS does (see Infinite Loop, Second Novel), but this has... potential. I'll need to see some gameplay before I decide what I think about this.

They already said that the Imageepoch games are more for the Japanese market.

And you forgot La Pucelle Ragnarok and Antiphona in your list of games NISA didn't publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom