• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 announced

R3_Tease.1.jpg

resistance 3 revealed
worst. secret. ever.
The date we’ve been all been waiting for quite some time now has finally come. Yes, we are very aware of the fact that some games are just too hard to keep a secret; however, it’s our pleasure to finally put some rumors to rest. Today, we would like to OFFICIALLY announce our latest title currently in development – Resistance 3.

Since the release of Resistance 2, we’ve listened to your feedback to help fine-tune what we know will become a respected addition to the franchise. Our Burbank studio has done a phenomenal job of crafting a cruel and brutal Resistance 3 world. You can catch a glimpse of it by watching the live-action Resistance 3 teaser trailer shown during the PlayStation Press Conference at GamesCom today. Follow @insomniacgames on Twitter and you'll be the first to know when we've uploaded it for you to watch and share with all your friends.

We are very excited to show you more about Resistance 3. Remember to tell your friends to sign up for the newsletter, we’ll be offering swag and exclusive info throughout the coming year. In fact, you can visit our Community section and download some wallpapers right now.
Source: Insomniac Newsletter

LiK

HAHA, i called them out on their Twitter account when they were teasing about a new surprise. Yes, worst secret evar.

If they are going to do co-op , make sure and put it in the campagin again. Resi 2 was a disaster (for me) with the direction they went :(

Beth Cyra

Looks cool to me. I know alot of people didn't like R2 and while I admit it has alot of problems I still found it to be much more fun then the Rachet games so I was disappointed in the All 4 One reveal because I much rather would of had this game so I am happy it was announced.

V_Ben

Banned
That was the best troll ever Insomniac. :lol 2 games from you guys in one press conference is like bloody christmas :D

Arnie

gofreak said:
So KZ3 and Resistance 3 in the same year.

Fook, 2011 is PACKED for PS3.
Not to mention Socom. And it's packed in a bad way. Too many shooters on a console without your typical shooter audience.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Arnie said:
Not to mention Socom. And it's packed in a bad way. Too many shooters on a console without your typical shooter audience.

The downside is this almost assuredly pushes an Uncharted 3 into 2012. It might have otherwise been an '11 game, 2 years in the oven is what #2 got.

I guess Sony is hoping that the userbase growth will mean that there's plenty of audience of all these games.

kharma45

threenote said:
Im excited to see what Insomniac does with this. I despised R2, but loved the first.

Same here, the second one felt really rushed and below-par for what they could've done with it.

Ikkarus

I know I am in the minority but I enjoyed both RFoM and R2.

Having Resistance 3 will be great. Give Europe a Collector's Edition this time though guys!

Darkatomz

Wait WHAT??! Can someone quickly describe what Insonmiac announced with their supposed 2 games and mid-quel thing?? I'm working and haven't browsed through the press conference thread yet.

Massa

You got my $60 Insomniac... oh wait, it's $120 next Fall. :D

Darkatomz said:
Wait WHAT??! Can someone quickly describe what Insonmiac announced with their supposed 2 games and mid-quel thing?? I'm working and haven't browsed through the press conference thread yet.

They announced they're now on a 3 year cycle per game, 1 game per team. So Resistance 3 (Insomniac Burbank) and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (Insomniac NC) are both coming next year.

dalin80

Banned
Weapons wheel?

please dont suck, please dont suck,
please dont suck, please dont suck.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Blu_LED said:
So, it's set before R1 and R2?

Sounds like it.

I am looking forward to it. I hope we get coop like the first but also the coop MP skirmishes of the second. And no more 10k kill trophys. Get that crap out of there.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I demand some JS on this thread!

FUCK YEAH.

I am the commander-in-chief of R2 Defense Force and I can't wait for R3! This might actually be the next FPS I'll be buying!

Resistance 1 seemed like a generic ripoff of HL2. I wish they would come out with some new IP and not continue making more versions of this generic fps.

I really liked the first two Ratchet and Clanks on the PS3. Hopefully this third one is as good

Darkatomz

Massa said:
You got my $60 Insomniac... oh wait, it's $120 next Fall. :D

They announced they're now on a 3 year cycle per game, 1 game per team. So Resistance 3 (Insomniac Burbank) and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (Insomniac NC) are both coming next year.
OH MY GOD. Wait, so that mid-quel thing was just random BS?

Fersis said:
I demand some JS on this thread!
You gotta change your avatar now Fersis. Maybe then he'll appear.

owlbeak

Resistance 2 was the first title I bought for my PS3 and I literally LOL'd at the graphics when I loaded the game up. Hope the next title actually looks like it's on the PS3.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Darkatomz said:
OH MY GOD. Wait, so that mid-quel thing was just random BS?

You gotta change your avatar now Fersis. Maybe then he'll appear.
Stoopid tinypic is not working =/

Top Bottom