• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of the greatest things about NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you haven't taken the time to realize it, NeoGAF hasn't become bloated. It is still a focused, streamlined forum. I find that over the years, everything I love on the internet becomes so bloated that I don't want to use it anymore, one by one, whether it be gaming sites, tech sites, news sites, Facebook, Skype, etc.

However, GAF stays simple. It doesn't continue to add pointless features, and it doesn't pull other things in or sell itself to others. I really fucking appreciate that a lot. Here's to over a decade of consistency! We did it, GAF!

StuBurns

Banned
v1FPx.gif

Chinner

Banned
the great thing about gaf is that people still make terrible puns in threads about people getting murdered. or raped. or abused. its basically a bunch of white kids laughing at other peoples problems.

Dice

Upholding one of our unique and longstanding traditions with an avatar quote! Well done!

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Chinner said:
the great thing about gaf is that people still make terrible puns in threads about people getting murdered. or raped. or abused. its basically a bunch of white kids laughing at other peoples problems.
GAF has become self-aware!

Chinner said:
that has become a lot less actually.

Dice said:
If you haven't taken the time to realize it, NeoGAF hasn't become bloated. It is still a focused, streamlined forum. I find that over the years, everything I love on the internet becomes so bloated that I don't want to use it anymore, one by one, whether it be gaming sites, tech sites, news sites, Facebook, Skype, etc.

However, GAF stays simple. It doesn't continue to add pointless features, and it doesn't pull other things in or sell itself to others. I really fucking appreciate that a lot. Here's to over a decade of consistency! We did it, GAF!

I definitely agree. However, the one addition everyone wants, Dino-Theme, is still not here. :(

Dice

I just realized my highlighting color was too green. Just made it more baby/powder blue matching to GAF colors.

6.8 said:
I definitely agree. However, the one addition everyone wants, Dino-Theme, is still not here. :(
You trying to get this thread locked? I don't know why it's forbidden, but mentioning that theme is a kiss of death!

smurfx

get some go again
Chinner said:
hey now! there are also brown kids on this forum making crappy puns as well! don't leave us out of this. we are all one big dysfunctional family here. :p

Boozeroony

NeoGAF is the epitome of multiculturism. Apple vs anti-Apple. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. NHL, NFL, soccer and MLB all coexist.

A true example for all societies...

GAF is indeed awesome - I love that hilarious, tongue-in-cheek arguments can be started at the drop of a hat by posting one of a few choice topics;

Europe vs America
Cats vs Dogs
Circumcision vs au penis naturale

etcetera

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Bootaaay said:
GAF is indeed awesome - I love that hilarious, tongue-in-cheek arguments can be started at the drop of a hat by posting one of a few choice topics;

Europe vs America
Cats vs Dogs
Circumcision vs au penis naturale

etcetera

I'm considering tipping you for this post.

Dice

bytesized said:
I want this! where? how?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395943

I use the Greasemonkey scripts with Firefox. As for blocking avatars, I did that myself. I forget how I did it because it was hard as hell targeting the exact code and it still for some inexplicable reason also removes the quote link (and thus multi-quote button) every few hundred posts or something, but anything is possible with script editing.

Government-man said:
I love NeoGaf but the one thing bugging me is animated avatars. Some are worse than others though.

Edit:
AeYxX.gif
is gold.
3qu7S.gif

I love animated avatars. One of the things I like. Most other forums either don't give you the option, or they go overboard with it so its impossible to browse from a mobile device

Chinner said:

Isn't it? Overly PC'ness sucks.

Shanadeus

Banned
I do appreciate the site itself but the last half a year or so I've noticed the attitude of the members getting substantially worse.

It's mainly the whole "DON'T BE PC MAN"-people who would rather be bigoted, sexist, ignorant, irrational than do anything that they construe as "PC" - which is quite sad.

MetalAlien

Banned
GAF is way too young and European but if there is something happening in the world, it will be posted here almost instantly so I deal with it.

-x.Red.x-

MetalAlien said:
GAF is way too young and European but if there is something happening in the world, it will be posted here almost instantly so I deal with it.
this
if anything happens, ill check GAF first
and i love both sides, the skeptics and believers

Rapstah

MetalAlien said:
GAF is way too young and American.

Rapstah said:
GAF is way too young and American.
Oh damn these American sites for being American. I like Gaf a lot, just sometimes some threads make me want to swallow a bottle full of sleeping pills.

Calcaneus

Shanadeus said:
I do appreciate the site itself but the last half a year or so I've noticed the attitude of the members getting substantially worse.

It's mainly the whole "DON'T BE PC MAN"-people who would rather be bigoted, sexist, ignorant, irrational than do anything that they construe as "PC" - which is quite sad.
I think some the people who are hardcore anti-PC, do it because labels like sexist and bigot are thrown out like its nothing. Two wrongs don't make a right, of course.

Shanadeus said:

Being PC usually means being a spineless bitch that can't say what a person truly means or thinks for better or worse, but I hate bigots, sexism, racism, ignorant people too. So it goes both ways.

kai3345

Banned
Shanadeus said:

Or sometimes its just a joke and people need to grow some thicker skin, quit crying and get over it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You won't be saying that after inevitable site redesign with iframes, static navigation bars, and large Helvetica topic titles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom