• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrassleGAF August Edition: Cult of Personality

Status
Not open for further replies.
A welcome back best in the world present for you:

wnba_broad_spass_logo.jpg

NOTICE IT SAYS "W".

dream

The sheer absurdity of Courtney's head on Hulk's body makes that a five star photoshop.

Thank you Matthew but I already have my own WNBA League Pass because, despite the questionable quote, I actually respect girlball players very much.

rvd2kewl

rvd2kewl said:
For anyone in the Chicago area, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Mr. Anderson, and Tara will be signing autographs at the National Sports Collectors Convention in Rosemont tomorrow morning.

http://www.tristarproductions.com/National/TNA.html

Really looking forward to it. Have met most of the big names over the past three years but not Kurt Angle. I met Flair two years ago at an ROH show and Anderson last year at a TNA House Show and they were both pretty cool.

Met all four at the Sports Convention today. The people running the Convention did a terrible job of organizing it, but all four were extremely nice and they all took time to personalize stuff for everyone that approached them.

The signing schedule was supposed to be Mr. Anderson at 11:00, Tara at 11:15, Kurt Angle at 11:45, and Ric Flair at 12:00 and all were supposed to be there signing and taking pictures for two hours. I was in line with my sister just before 11:00 and at 11:20 none of the TNA names were signing yet (when according to the schedule Anderson & Tara should've been there). I looked over in another section and saw that Tara was taking pictures with people over there before heading over to the autograph tables so I left the line with my sister to get the photo.

After Tara wrapped up taking pictures with everyone she headed over to the autograph signing area, so we followed her over there. At that point the staff started calling numbers based on your tickets (making the single-file lines we were standing in earlier useless). Lucky for us, we had low numbers (#29). We got the Tara autographs and headed back to the photo area to check out who was there and it was Mr. Anderson. Got the photo with him and then waited for him to walk over to the autograph area. Did the same for Kurt Angle. Ric Flair did things in the reverse order. He signed first and took photos second so we had to wait a bit for him to finish up signing before we could get a picture with him.

What was screwed up was that it was a house photographer taking the pictures and they printed your photos on-site on ONE SINGLE PRINTER. I kid you not. They had one single printer and hundreds, maybe thousands of photos to print of the TNA Wrestlers and former sports players, so you had to wait at least an hour to see how each photo turned out (they'd lay the photos on the table when they were done and you had to find yours). I saw Tara went back over after she was signing and was helping owners find their photos so she was pretty cool about it.

They had a little booth with a blue curtain backdrop that they were taking the photos in. At the end when Flair was taking pictures with the people, they brought in Joe Montana for his photo ops and made Flair stand in the corner. He didn't say anything but he looked pretty pissed. He stood in the corner and checked the messages on his phone while waiting for Montana to finish up and I thought he'd be a bit sour after that, but he actually was still extremely courteous with the fans so you have to give him credit for that.

Overall I had a pretty good time. Definitely worth it. But they could've done a hell of a lot better job of organizing it and communicating with the people attending the event. Not to mention the one f'n printer on-hand that turned what should've been a two hour experience into five hours.

DMczaf

What was screwed up was that it was a house photographer taking the pictures and they printed your photos on-site on ONE SINGLE PRINTER. I kid you not, they had one single printer and hundreds, maybe thousands of photos to print of the TNA Wrestlers and former sports players, so you had to wait at least an hour to see how each photo turned out (they'd lay the photos on the table when they were done and you had to find yours). I saw Tara went back over after she was signing and was helping owners find their photos so she was pretty cool about it.

tna :\

rvd2kewl

dream said:
Did Naitch hit you up for money?

He got people pretty good if they purchased the stuff individually ($49 for a photo, $49 for an autograph) but I purchased the all-in-one pack for $100 that included a photo with each TNA person and an autograph with each one. Plus you got a box of the new TNA trading cards shown here but I haven't cracked them open yet. The box is individually numbered and I guess they're pretty limited but I don't follow the trading card industry as much as I used to, so I'm not sure what the usual production run is for their cards.

Net_Wrecker said:
He said he was taking the title back to some other message board but he resigns one week later.

http://i.min.us/il4TGC.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's the $64,000 question isn't it? Why did he come back?

Net_Wrecker said:
He said he was taking the title back to some other message board but he resigns one week later.

http://i.min.us/il4TGC.gif[img][/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/u5G6Q.gif
WrestleGAF ruined the storyline. I'm going to stop watching this. Gonna go eat some wafers.

rvd2kewl

dream said:
Was Kurt lucid and coherent?

Yeah, he was pretty cool actually. We've all noticed on Impact that he's gotten thinner over the past few months, but he's actually smaller than Cody Rhodes (met him at Axxess this year Wrestlemania week) now and I was pretty surprised by that. He doesn't look like he's sick or anything, just pretty lean and an average size (for a normal person, not a wrestler). I think it just looks bad when he's standing face-to-face with a bunch of guys that are jacked on Impact.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
dream said:
speaking of Repo Man, did my boy cuevas send you shit Plywood?
Yes sir, I never want to format the Observer again. I told him to tell you thanks, he didn't give you my regards?

lessthananth725 said:
WTF is around Cena's ankles/shins in that pic???
They give him a shock if he tries to take a picture of his upper dong area. When the jorts hit the device, it arms, and if it detects the sound of a camera, it fires.

Guzim

I'm at a party right now (secondapp what up), and Written in the Stars just came on. I'm laughing uncontrollably, and my friends are wondering why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom