• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - TGS 2011 Information Thread [Neku Sakuraba And Details]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Busaiku said:
Well, I expected him to be less skinny since they have to share an animation base between characters.

It's mostly the face I was opposed to as opposed to like... his body.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Busaiku said:
Maybe it'd look better if his mouth was covered.
Well, thinking about it, it's probably about as good as it can be without clashing with the rest of the Kingdom Hearts universe.

Nirolak said:
Really? I feel the proportionality is off, especially on his face.

the-world-ends-with-you-20080416035546660_640w.jpg

It kind of looks like Neku if he was 4-5 years younger.

Ehh I'd say there's just a slight awkwardness seeing Nomura's out-of-proportion 2D art on a more well-proportioned 3D model. My only beef is the hair might be a bit too bright?

Nirolak said:
It kind of looks like Neku if he was 4-5 years younger.
Well, he may actually be a few years younger, like some other characters in KH. Tidus, Yuffie, Seifer, etc all were younger than in their FF's.

Maybe they made him look a bit younger to match the KH1 Sora look.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, I probably had an overreaction from assuming this is how they would use him carte blanche in 3D instead of being a Kingdom Heartized version of Neku.

looks ok to me, probably they used Sora's model and changed it a little, the art style in the game is too extreme to be portrayed faithfully in KH.

Thoraxes

To be fair, the way the artstyle is, it'd be hard to have him fit properly in the universe and not have to "Kingdom Hearts-ify" him somewhat. TWETY artwork is much darker with a lot more broader dark outlines. KH is hardly that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Anyway, the details actually sound quite good.

Though, I'd like to see a video of it in action sooner than next week, but this is looking unlikely.

AwShucks said:
What are you guys smoking? He looks just like the art from TWEWY that was posted a few posts back
Yeah, I'm not seeing the problem here. He looks pretty much the same. People are being picky.

Aaron Strife said:
boo this man.
Amen. Riku being a protagonist and interacting with the Disneys is one of the main things I'm hyped for about this game. He never got a chance to shine
as a good guy, even in CoM, he didn't interact with anyone, except memories of the Disney villains and in KH2, he was a party member for only the final world.

Playable Riku and Quasimodo team sounds awesome. I hope we get to see Neku fight as well.

Megidolaon said:
Amen. Riku being a protagonist and interacting with the Disneys is one of the main things I'm hyped for about this game. He never got a chance to shine
as a good guy, even in CoM, he didn't interact with anyone, except memories of the Disney villains and in KH2, he was a party member for only the final world.

Playable Riku and Quasimodo team sounds awesome. I hope we get to see Neku fight as well.
Also, Hunchback gets no respect. Easily one of Disney's most underrated, and most ignored films.

jackdoe

Megidolaon said:

Haha. I'll laugh my ass off if he joins your party and you have to control him with the touch screen.

Aaron Strife said:
Also, Hunchback gets no respect. Easily one of Disney's most underrated, and most ignored films.
Indeed. It's one of my favorites. I watch it every summer. Also has godly music.

jackdoe said:
Haha. I'll laugh my ass off if he joins your party and you have to control him with the touch screen.
That...would be...AWESOME!!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
jackdoe said:
Apparently every button is used and there is no lock on.

You'd need three hands. :lol

Aaron Strife said:

Yeah. I don't remember if I watched it when it was new, but grabbed it this year and it's pretty fantastic.

Thoraxes

It would be weird not to have any lock-on at all. I'm it'll end up being done like it was on the PSP, assuming you play it without the attachment. It wasn't the best on the PSP, but it was serviceable.

jackdoe

Nirolak said:

Haha. I just read the 1up preview. How can there be no lock-on? Traversal mechanics preventing it or careless writer not realizing how to lock on?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It'd be weird not to have lock on in KH so I'm hoping he just forgot that it's activated the inferior "press both shoulder buttons" way by default like in BbS.

I doubt lock-on isn't in the demo. It's probably implemented in some ass backwards way or something.

Either that or the preview players didn't experiment with the shoulder buttons enough.

Codeblue

I thought Neku looked sorta off at first, but I don't see how they could have made him any better without totally clashing with everything else on screen, so I'm satisfied with it in this context. I definitely wouldn't want to see something like that in a sequel if it ever did happen.

Braig? Awesome.

So I guess his heartless was defeated before Xigbar was defeated...thus Braig was reborn.

Wonder how Xehanort looks like now in terms of age.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The World Ends With You stuff? They know how to rope me into another KH game, alright. Heh.

Nirolak said:

Amazing. -_-

Neki

Neku looks like a re-skinned Sora, but I'm okay with this. maybe if his cheeks were less chubby it'd look a little better, but I'm happy.

Yoshiya

Nirolak said:

It's probably just a double tap of a shoulder button like it was in 358/2 Days. Kingdom Hearts is completely unplayable without lock on.

Thoraxes

I've noticed there seems to be a lot of Black/Pink color themes frome thiings Nomura has been on recently.

I like it, to be honest.

El Sloth

Banned
TWEY in Kingdom Hearts?

Goddammit Square. I swore to myself I wouldn't ever buy another KH game. This better damn well mean you bastards have a sequel in the works!

duckroll

Lucky Number Seven Force said:

It's actually like BbS's control scheme. Pressing both L and R together is lock-on and lock-off. Jeremy Parish continues to embarrass himself for his poor knowledge of Lord Nomura-sama's amazing games. :p

LOCK

Shadowlink said:
Guys! There's no point in trying to learn the story. I played almost all of them, and I have no fucking idea what the story is.
Sadly this is me also.

However, this game looks great and hopefully won't be far behind its Japanese release in America.

overcast

I haven't beaten a KH since the 2nd one. Love the series though. I really want to play BBS, but I have no PSP. Can I dl it on PS3?

Anyway, this looks very good. Another reason to get a 3DS.

Top Bottom