• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - TGS 2011 Information Thread [Neku Sakuraba And Details]

Levyne

Banned
TruePrime said:
Okay I'm not the hugest fan of BBS, but why do people keep trying to call it a side story just because it doesn't have a number?

BBS and now 3D are full entries in the franchise no different from KH 1 and 2 outside of the fact they don't have numbers.

This is pretty arbitrary. By what do we measure something to be a full entry in the franchise? Depends who you ask.

Symphonic

Khold said:
This is pretty arbitrary. By what do we measure something to be a full entry in the franchise? Depends who you ask.

Well, without giving away spoilers, if you know the story of BBS then it's obviously a fairly big entry into the series. Too early to say whether 3D will be or not.

Beth Cyra

Khold said:
According to Nomura himself, the fact they have brand new worlds bring in new pieces of the plot.

BBS and 3D do all of these. How the hell are they not?

TruePrime said:
Okay I'm not the hugest fan of BBS, but why do people keep trying to call it a side story just because it doesn't have a number?

BBS and now 3D are full entries in the franchise no different from KH 1 and 2 outside of the fact they don't have numbers.

Because people get hung up on the lack of numbers in the title. That, and lolhandhelds.

loblaw said:
Well, without giving away spoilers, if you know the story of BBS then it's obviously a fairly big entry into the series. Too early to say whether 3D will be or not.

If it really is The M of the M then this might be the case...otherwise who knows.

Beth Cyra

AlphaDragoon said:
Neku being in is so fucking awesome. Opens the door for other SE franchises that aren't FF to jump in, possibly?
This is another game that Nomura had a big hand in and created it's characters. I don't see this as opening the gate nearly as much as other seem but then I could be wrong.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
^^^
Yeah, TWEWY already resembles Kingdom Hearts, so I don't think this means we should expect Crono showing up.

If we get future SE characters in Kingdom Hearts, I imagine they'll probably be other games Nomura has a significant hand in.

Speaking of which, I just found out he designed the Mario RPG Boss Monsters. :0

Khold said:

Not really, new worlds is pretty much the standard. Only full entries get the new worlds.

Im also just flat out excited to see what Neko will look like rendered in KH. This sounds like the game will really have a lot of new things going for it..

So are there demos on the floor that can be filmed? Please say yes..

jackdoe

Demoncarnotaur said:
Im also just flat out excited to see what Neko will look like rendered in KH. This sounds like the game will really have a lot of new things going for it..

I'll laugh my ass of if Neku's face looks closer to Sora's concept art than Sora's character model does.

Levyne

Banned
loblaw said:

I agree, but having the criteria being that it feels like a big entry therefore it is a main entry is isn't really objective.

Zierath

Demoncarnotaur said:

Yes

Big One

Banned
Khold said:
I agree, but having the criteria being that it feels like a big entry therefore it is a main entry is isn't really objective.
I dunno about that. Birth By Sleep has new Disney worlds. The two DS titles and the GBA one didn't. This one will too. I think that kind of defines what is and what isn't important for the most part.

Also both of these games are highly important to the storyline.

jackdoe said:
I'll laugh my ass of if Neku's face looks closer to Sora's concept art than Sora's character model does.

Oh god, haha. I wonder if that will confuse people who aren't familiar with TWEWU. Talk of Sora clones or something, haha.

It looks awesome, but I stopped playing KH all together after going through 20 minutes of KH2. Then they made like sixty other games and by then I just couldn't keep up... :(

Levyne

Banned
Big One said:
I dunno about that. Birth By Sleep has new Disney worlds. The two DS titles and the GBA one didn't. This one will too. I think that kind of defines what is and what isn't important for the most part.

Ok, using # of new worlds as a ruler is actually measurable, good point.

both of these games are highly important to the storyline

Again, not as much so

Chef Cat said:
It looks awesome, but I stopped playing KH all together after going through 20 minutes of KH2. Then they made like sixty other games and by then I just couldn't keep up... :(
You missed out. BBS has the best combat systems out of all the kingdom hearts games and probably the best story.

Beth Cyra

Khold said:
Ok, using $ of new worlds as a ruler is actually measurable, good point.

Again, not as much so
Bullshit, BBS has a ton of important story line details to both what already know and going forward.

Big One

Banned
Khold said:
Ok, using $ of new worlds as a ruler is actually measurable, good point.

Again, not as much so
How so? I mean have you actually played Birth By Sleep? It's a genuine prequel to the series with stuff people care about. No one cares about the story in the other portable games cause there's nothing to care about.

BBS is a fucking incredible game.
It's the sole reason why I'd buy DDD day one even though I've not followed it at all, because I have faith in that team

BbS is extremely fundamental to the story.

DDD takes place immediately after KH2. It is impossible to tell how important it is to the story until it's finished and/or KH3 comes out, but on its face, taking place right after Kingdom Hearts 2 seems really damn important.

Levyne

Banned
Big One said:
How so? I mean have you actually played Birth By Sleep? It's a genuine prequel to the series with stuff people care about. No one cares about the story in the other portable games cause there's nothing to care about.

I feel chain of memories (and birth by sleep) have plot points integral to understanding the full story, I still wouldn't call them main entries, but defining that is nearly entirely subjective.

duckroll

Khold said:

Well, it's pretty easy to me.

KH, KH2, and BbS all have the following:
- brand new worlds
- completely new type enemy
- new complete soundtrack

CoM, 358, and Codede all have the following:
- recycled worlds
- recycled enemies
- remixed soundtracks with some new tracks

The actual story and characters don't really matter that much, it is the content that does.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Aw, crud. I think Neku being in the game alone guarantees I purchase this. I'm LTTP, does he have any significant purpose in the game?

MooMoo

Om nom nom. That makes me more hyped for this game :D All of TWEWY's characters had interesting backgrounds imo so it'll be cool to see who and what they exactly use from the game.

Seda

John Harker said:
Aw, crud. I think Neku being in the game alone guarantees I purchase this. I'm LTTP, does he have any significant purpose in the game?

Not sure, all we know is Sora's looking for Riku, but finds Neku instead.

mugurumakensei said:
He's your partner in the reaper games.

And that.

duckroll said:
Well, it's pretty easy to me.

KH, KH2, and BbS all have the following:
- brand new worlds
- completely new type enemy
- new complete soundtrack

CoM, 358, and Codede all have the following:
- recycled worlds
- recycled enemies
- remixed soundtracks with some new tracks

The actual story and characters don't really matter that much, it is the content that does.

To be violently fair, COM and 358 DID have new worlds and KH1 and KH2 had recycled worlds as well...but I get your point.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Whoa, Neku from TWEWY! Awesome. I hope some of the other characters appear.

Also, I wonder if any characters will appear from other games? Here's hoping for Dragon Quest.

TheChillyAcademic said:
To be violently fair, COM and 358 DID have new worlds and KH1 and KH2 had recycled worlds as well...but I get your point.
The brand new worlds bit means brand new disney worlds* KH COM and 358 had new original locations but not new disney worlds.

Levyne

Banned
TheChillyAcademic said:

How could KH1 have....recycled worlds?

Hylian7

Just heard about Neku, and suddenly my own interest in this game shot up from 0 to 100. Now we just need to see video of this.

Shibuya world, believe

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
For some reason, I'd kind of like Nomura to put himself in the game. You know, the super secret final boss.

Falcoon did it with Maximum Impact.

Khold said:
How could KH1 have....recycled worlds?

You don't remember kingdom hearts before Kingdom Hearts 1?
f3SyL.jpg

Watch Da Birdie said:
For some reason, I'd kind of like Nomura to put himself in the game. You know, the super secret final boss.

Falcoon did it with Maximum Impact.
Nomura was in TWEWY iirc.

And holy fuck NEKU!?!?!? HELL YEAH! I remember when people suggested TWEWY in KH people on other message boards scoffed, but here we are!

And I seriously like that artwork. Really excited for this game. The only thing that they would have to reveal about this is Kairi *not* getting kidnapped again and it would be perfect! Thats the only thing that would dampen the hype. But We already got new worlds, new clothes, playable Riku, Donald and Goofy, dual analog support and NEKU!

Oh and no more clones.

Luigiv

mugurumakensei said:
You don't remember kingdom hearts before Kingdom Hearts 1?
http://i.imgur.com/f3SyL.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

OT but: You actually like those shitty new Bleach characters?

Top Bottom