• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D - TGS 2011 Information Thread [Neku Sakuraba And Details]

jokkir

Ahhhh. I need to replay The World Ends With You now!

I can't wait for this game but I still need to finish the other KH games though :\

Moodkip

Foreshadowing of TWEWY2 please? Outside of this game, Bravely Default, and Slime Mori Mori 3, SE support for the 3DS has been lackluster so far. Their support for the original DS was great, let's see more of that on its successor.

chronos4590 said:
I wasn't too excited about this game but now with Neku and that poster I'm HYPED. Any Idea of a release date? 2011, 2012, later?

It says it right on the poster. Spring 2012. NA release is Fall 2012 I guess...

And yeah those enemies seem suspiciously happier than the rest of KH's enemies. If they are enemies anyway. Sora is leaning on the blue one lol.

Moodkip said:
Foreshadowing of TWEWY2 please? Outside of this game, Bravely Default, and Slime Mori Mori 3, SE support for the 3DS has been lackluster so far. Their support for the original DS was great, let's see more of that on its successor.

Not initially

I'm surprised it's so soon, really. I had figured late 2012 for Japan.

Bel Marduk said:
It says it right on the poster. Spring 2012. NA release is Fall 2012 I guess...

358/2 Days and Birth By Sleep both came out in September over here, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this come out then.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Are we sure those are enemies?

Sora is sitting on the dog, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're some kind of partner monsters...guessing the bat might be Riku's.

Maybe they're going to have collectible monsters as partners? :0

duckroll

Watch Da Birdie said:

Sora is sitting on the dog, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're some kind of partner monsters...guessing the bat might be Riku's.

Could be. NEED TO KNOW MORE NOW! :(

Symphonic

Watch Da Birdie said:

Would be a new concept for KH completely out of left field, but it's not like that's anything new with the series.

Zierath

I like the new clothes, they look somewhere between KH1 and 2 designs. Sora's kinda reminds me of limit form. Also Sora has the X on his shirt like TVA.

Beth Cyra

ShockingAlberto said:
I genuinely wonder who is going to voice Sora in America now.

I imagine HJO is too old to sound like a teenager now.
He sounded to old for ReChain as well but they still used him.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Father_Brain said:
Spring 2012? Wow, sooner than I'd expected.
Square Enix is aiming for two year cycles and BbS came out in January 2010.

Nomura was actually hinting at this when he mentioned the game was taking longer than expected. They're actually a bit behind! :p

Levyne

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:

Depends, James Arnold Taylor voices kids and teen characters and he's 40+.

jackdoe

duckroll said:
He's going to continue to voice Sora.
He voiced him in BBS after all! No amount of criminal charges for possession of weed will stop him from appearing in a KH game.

Nirolak said:

Nomura was actually hinting at this when he mentioned the game was taking longer than expected. They're actually a bit behind! :p
So BBS vol. 2 in 2014?

Moodkip said:
Wasn't Chocobo Racing showed by them last year? I was kinda looking forward to that.

Also Neku in this game = Hell freaken Yeah.

duckroll

Nirolak said:

But I think they get a free pass on this because they released Final Mix in Jan this year, and it sold over 100k.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
ShockingAlberto said:

His sister.
Pretty much the same voice and it won't deepen too much.

Kisaya

I actually like the new outfits :) Just wish Sora had a different color scheme in his.
Also I'm really interested on how they're going to do the reapers game, hope it's not really a main story line thing (like how the FF characters are) and just something on the side though.

NEKU is in this game?!

OMG! :D :D :D :D :D :D

This game will force me to buy a 3DS earlier than planned. Holy shit. The power of a Birth by Sleep-like Kingdom Hearts and TWEWY compels me to stop waiting on the inevitable 3DS redesign!

jackdoe said:
He voiced him in BBS after all! No amount of criminal charges for possession of weed will stop him from appearing in a KH game.

So BBS vol. 2 in 2014?

Yes. Then Kingdom Hearts 4D Dimensional Dream Drop Distance in 2016. Followed by KH BBS Vol 3 in 2018. Versus XIII in 2020, and, finally, KH3 in 2022.

jackdoe

mugurumakensei said:
Yes. Then Kingdom Hearts 4D Dimensional Dream Drop Distance in 2016. Followed by KH BBS Vol 3 in 2018. Versus XIII in 2020, and, finally, KH3 in 2022.
You mean KH: Dream Drop Distance Second.

Levyne

Banned
mugurumakensei said:

You forgot Final Fantasy Injectilo VII-13: Pandora Default Triodicum 43/6

Symphonic

The Last One said:
So, is this the older Sora? In the artwork the Sora looks like from KH I.

I'm so confused...

He's training inside his mind. Which makes him younger for some reason. In his mind.

Kisaya

With this I really hope KH3 comes out after BBS2. As much as I loved BBS, I'm really done with all these side stories. I already really hate that they're making a part 2 for BBS, the ending to that felt perfect to move on to KH3.

But I know that's not going to happen :( plus with all the side games that will come out after KH3 =_=

Foffy

Banned
Moodkip said:

Their first big game on DS was Final Fantasy III. And that came out two years after the DS launched.

Neko? Wow, my hype is building... I just want some pics and vids at this rate.

duckroll said:
Thanks to this: http://img.ly/images/2003009/full we now have a really clear look at the new poster! :D

Ok, this poster looks awesome! Im liking the new clothes, monster design, etc. As others have said, I wonder if those are companions rather than enemies... How long til we get more info?

Beth Cyra

kisaya said:
With this I really hope KH3 comes out after BBS2. As much as I loved BBS, I'm really done with all these side stories. I already really hate that they're making a part 2 for BBS, the ending to that felt perfect to move on to KH3.

But I know that's not going to happen :( plus with all the side games that will come out after KH3 =_=
Okay I'm not the hugest fan of BBS, but why do people keep trying to call it a side story just because it doesn't have a number?

BBS and now 3D are full entries in the franchise no different from KH 1 and 2 outside of the fact they don't have numbers.

loblaw said:
He's training inside his mind. Which makes him younger for some reason. In his mind.

This thread has made me laugh for a good hour or so.

Probably should keep Nomura away from any devices that lets him write.

Codeblue

God damn it all. I've been avoiding Kingdom Hearts all these years, now they pull this crap with TWEWY.

Well, I hope they design it as a good introduction to the series at least, I can't not buy it now.

Edit:

7Th said:
We all know that Joshua is the only TWEWY character worth reusing.

You're out of your vector.

Top Bottom