• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Double Fine Announcements Coming Next Week

V_Ben

Banned
Ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/09/multiple-double-fine-announcements-coming-next-week.aspx

dub610.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Tim Schafer and company are hosting an event very soon brimming with promise. Sequels? New IP? We can't wait!

As you can see in the above image, Double Fine has a lot of business in store for gaming journalists on October 14. Will we see followups or DLC to games like Stacking, Iron Brigade (formerly Trenched) or will these be entirely new projects?

Unless there's an embargo on the info, we should have all the details for you guys on that Friday night.

What would you like to see out of Double Fine next?

Hosting their own event huh? That has me super interested! Maybe we'll finally see what Gilbert has been up to...

Salsa

EVERYTHING COMING TO PC!!!!!!!!

Tim Schafer and Ron bought back the Maniac Mansion rights and are making a new game and JSKJKHASKJCHJKBXB B

Nuborn

One of them is most likely gonna be the release date for Iron Brigade for the EU.
Although a man can beg for Psychonauts HD on XBLA, PSN and Steam

Salsa

RatskyWatsky said:
I wish one of them would be Psychonauts 2. :/ I would even take a downloadable game.

no shit!

the possiblities are endless, and since they always announce their stuff by a blog post or out of the blue, making a big deal out of it means this is something great.

Stumpokapow said:
Costume Quest for PC is one of these
because it's already in the Steam registry

for sure

but they're bringing everything else

calling it!

Nuborn said:
One of them is most likely gonna be the release date for Iron Brigade for the EU.
Although a man can beg for Psychonauts HD on XBLA, PSN and Steam

Psychonauts its already HD on Steam man, not only that but they recently added Achievements, cloud saving and cross-play between PC and Mac.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
SalsaShark said:
no shit!

the possiblities are endless, and since they always announce their stuff by a blog post or out of the blue, making a big deal out of it means this is something great.

Hell, I'd even take an HD remaster.
A sequel would be better though

AshMcCool

StuBurns said:
The only HD Remaster that matters...

I sincerely doesn't recall any Schafer/Double Fine Game that would benefit much from a HD Remaster to be honest. They all look fine as they are.

Surely they haven't remembered that there is also such a thing as a PC.

VillageNinja said:
More point & clicks that harken back to the early days of non-gaming for old men.

Those games were much harder than the hi-octane visceral cinematic shitfests the toddlers are force fed today.

AshMcCool

A Psychonauts sequel could be possible. I remember him saying a interview where he was hinting that it could happen. But then there is also the Ron Gilbert Project.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Billychu said:
What does being downloadable have to do with game quality?

...Nothing? I meant that only in terms of scale. I would want a full fledged, retail sequel, but I would take, like, a sidescrolling PSN game.

SalsaShark said:
Im playing Psychonauts HD right now

:D

But does it have achievements? Trophies? Huh? Huh?

I'll re-buy Costume Quest on Steam. It was the first game I played and got all of the Trophies for. Not that it was some kind of feat, just that it's the first time I've ever done that and didn't even intend to. I'd buy all of those DD games on PC, I'd even re-buy Brutal Legend. I hate the stage battles but love the world and soundtrack. Plus if Brutal Legend was on PC modders could take a crack at the game, maybe make those stage battles enjoyable.

Point is, if it's Double Fine and on PC, I'll buy it. You hear that Tim, I will gives you mah moniez. If you let me.

V_Ben

Banned
RatskyWatsky said:
...Nothing? I meant that only in terms of scale. I would want a full fledged, retail sequel, but I would take, like, a sidescrolling PSN game.
Crysis just launched on PSN and XBLA as a downloadable only game. I think a full 3D Psychonauts 2, self published by Double Fine isn't out of the question. ;)

Haunted

Didn't enjoy any of their smaller endeavours so far as much as I did their last two "big" games, but it's Schafer, so he's going to get my money anyway.

RatskyWatsky said:

But does it have achievements? Trophies? Huh? Huh?

Yes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
V_Ben said:
Crysis just launched on PSN and XBLA as a downloadable only game. I think a full 3D Psychonauts 2, self published by Double Fine isn't out of the question. ;)

Right, but Crysis wasn't originally a dl game.

But a full Psychonauts 2, download only, would be great. I hope that's what they do.

SalsaShark said:
yes

im sorry :(

:(

V_Ben

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Who owns the rights to Psychonauts now? I heard that DF wanted to get it for some time now.
They reclaimed the rights from the withered corpse of Majesco.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Come on, something has to be Psychonauts related. You don't just update a six year old game with achievements and port it to Mac for no reason.

Salsa

ezekial45 said:
Who owns the rights to Psychonauts now? I heard that DF wanted to get it for some time now.

Double Fine now owns Psychonauts publishing rights. Hence why they recently added the achievements and whatnot.

Wonder if this is indeed Psychonauts HD, it would be great, but i cant deny id be disappointed since we PC people already got that :(

ezekial45

Banned
V_Ben said:
They reclaimed the rights from the withered corpse of Majesco.

Oh, cool. :)

SalsaShark said:
Double Fine now owns Psychonauts publishing rights. Hence why they recently added the achievements and whatnot.

Wonder if this is indeed Psychonauts HD, it would be great, but i cant deny id be disappointed since we PC people already got that :(
I'm hoping it's gonna be much more than that. Psychonauts found caught an audience over the years, and I can see a sequel doing much better. Especially with the size of the DD market (steam, in particular).

Emitan

RatskyWatsky said:
I don't have a video card, just a shitty proprietary thing, so it probably wouldn't. :(
Probably will. It's one of those games that can run on anything. My netbook can run Beyond Good & Evil. This game should run.

TimmiT

Awesome, Double Fine is one of my favorite game developers. I love their sense of humor and style. Hopefully one of the announcements is Psychonauts 2.

Top Bottom