• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Double Fine Announcements Coming Next Week

Chesskid1

Banned
costume quest is the only double fine product i've played but i absolutely loved it so hoping for a sequel obviously.'

i just love really expressive faces ala wind waker, so good. just all around good fun.

Cmagus

I'd buy costume quest on Pc. Im gonna say Brutal Legend is gonna come PC. I also hope more psychonauts is coming.

Orayn

Brutal Legend Remastered for PC, available as free a pre-order bonus on Steam for Psychonauts 2.

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Salsa

Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert are working together on something, and have been for a while now.

that thought just blows my miiiiiind

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I gotta buy stacked soon...

mclem

When was Costume Quest announced originally? I know it was announced very shortly before release, I'm trying to recall how much.

V_Ben

Banned
SalsaShark said:
Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert are working together on something, and have been for a while now.

That came out! It was the Psychonauts Vault Viewer :p (Hehehe. But seriously, I bet Gilbert is making something crazy for iOS.)

Psychonauts HD seems like the safest bet in the world.

I wounder what else they got.

I hope whatever they announced they are also on PSN/steam. there last 2 games have been MS published 360 exclusives so I hope thats not part of a larger exclusive deal.

Salsa

This is back from September 2010 btw, when Gilbert joined Double Fine:

Gilbert didn't discuss the specifics of his newest idea with Kotaku, but called it "an idea that I've been batting around for many, many years." Said Gilbert: "I've been talking to Tim over the last couple of months about it and it sort of percolated back up. It's very different than DeathSpank, it's a bit of a departure from that. It's going in a very interesting direction."

The natural question that arises from a Gilbert-Schafer reunion is whether the pair will develop another adventure game after the beloved old tradition. Neither would confirm, but Gilbert did say that "fans of those old adventure games will like it,"

Man, i hope its this. I mean more than a year without a single hint? dying here

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
AshMcCool said:
I sincerely doesn't recall any Schafer/Double Fine Game that would benefit much from a HD Remaster to be honest. They all look fine as they are.

What? Psychonauts looked liked ass even when it came out.

Salsa

The_Technomancer said:
Although....regarding a Psychonauts sequel....would it be as good now that Erik is working at Valve?

nope

UNLESS COLLABORATION DOUBLEFINE/VALVE PRE-ORDER WITH TF2 RAZ GLASSES YEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

1_guitar-solo.jpg

Lijik

My dream six project announcements:
- Every DF game not on PC is coming to PC (one project known as "Getting Shit Together Initiative")
-Psychonauts 2
-A bunch of other crazy shit I would never expect
-Never.
-Not in a million years
-Surprise the fuck outta me Tim.

I would be willing to murder all of my best friends, if it would guarantee that one of the announcements in this upcoming event was Psychonauts 2.

Mifune

Mehmber
This is very exciting. Hoping for stuff more along the lines of Stacking and Costume Quest, and not Trenched though.

snoopeasystreet said:
As far as I know, it's been removed since Double Fine bought the rights back from majesco.

That's only a temporary thing because of the transfer. Pretty sure Tim said on Twitter that it'll be back up soon.

jgminto

It saddens me a little that there is basically little to no chance that it's Brutal Legend related.

Sigh. Such potential.

I'm ready to buy every game that Double Fine makes
and has a PC version.

Doesn't EA own the Brutal Legend IP? I really want to see a PC port but i doubt it's possible with EA behind it. Anyway, hope they bring Costume Quest and Stacking at least.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Their FAQ is amazing:
Where does the name “Double Fine” come from?

It comes from a sign on the Golden Gate Bridge that, until recently, said “Slow to 45 mph – Double Fine Zone.” I ingeniously selected the name Double Fine so that when people drove over the bridge they would see the name “Double Fine” and think, not just that we had purchased ad space on what must be the most expensive billboard in California, but that we owned the city and all of San Francisco had been declared to be a “Double Fine Zone.” I believe it did work for many years, confounding and intimidating our many, many foes. But for absolutely no good reason, the old sign is now flashing the less awe-inspiring message, “Speed limit 45 mph – Auto toll $5.” I mean, how are you supposed to name a game company after that? Don’t people even think these things through?

PaulLFC

Costume Quest to PC is already happening, so whether that will be one of the 6 or not, I'm not sure. I would love Brutal Legend and Stacking on PC too, Psychonauts 2 would be amazing, and then I don't even know what else, except that it'll be great. So lets see:

1) Psychonauts 2
2) Psychonauts HD XBLA/PSN
3) Brutal Legend PC
4) Stacking PC
5) Costume Quest PC
6) ?

I hope if there's more than one "this is finally coming to PC!" announcement they combine them though, leaving room for more new announcements!

SalsaShark said:

Hopefully the black hole of talent and funny that is Ron Gilbert doesn't hold Tim and Double Fine back too much.

Exaggeration, of course, but Ron Gilbert made one or two good things a million years ago, and has worked on mediocre to crap games since then. Isn't it about time he stops getting credit for 20 year old point and click games?

Ron Gilbert has a couple Rockys in his early career, but it's been all Over the Top or Stop or my mom will shoot since then.

Top Bottom