• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Double Fine Announcements Coming Next Week

Whatever they announce, I'm buying all of it day one on every platform.

I've even pre-ordered the Sesame Street Kinect game and I don't have a Kinect.

ape2man

Keavy_Rain said:
Whatever they announce, I'm buying all of it day one on every platform.

I've even pre-ordered the Sesame Street Kinect game and I don't have a Kinect.

WTF thats just crazy... WHY WHY WHY

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I want Charlie Kaufman working with Tim Schafer on Psychonauts 2.

Cmagus

Psychonauts on Pc now is still as good as ever and the achievements are pretty good although collecting all the fragments is time consuming.I kind of wish the did HD it a little still looks good but a few rough texture clean ups would have been nice.

bengraven

The most exciting thing for me is that I just learned Psychonauts has achievements now.

I was trying to talk myself into replaying the game for a year or so, since I bought a bunch of copies of it for friends, GAFfers and myself.

Psychonauts 2 or bust. Seriously, give it to me Double Fine. My money is waiting.

(Who am I kidding, I'll pick up anything Double Fine makes, unless it's a sequel to Brutal Legend.)

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
A Brütaler Legend without RTS elements would make my day.
A man can dream.

In the "realistic yet unlikely" category, Psychonauts 2 would be great.

eek5

Jintor said:
Double Fine owns the Psychonauts IP outright, right? MAKE IT HAPPEN!
Yeah they recently bought the rights back from majesco so I'd be surprised if one of the 6 things wasn't related to Psychonauts

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I mean, I get adding achievements maybe, but you don't just port a game to a whole new operating system six years from release for no reason.

Busty

Banned
I wonder if WB Games will be publishing (and/or financing) any of these upcoming titles after they worked with Double Fine on that Seasame Street game.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
fS8bV.jpg

Do it Double Fine.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Green Scar said:
I thought the rule was that Escape was the only non-canon one

MI3 technically isn't canon either, since Gilbert had left by then. But I still think MI3 is the best in the series. And MI4 never happened.

Vinterbird said:
I doubt EA would be interested in it after already canceling it once.

God, I hope so.

IrishNinja

SalsaShark said:
Tim Schafer and Ron bought back the Maniac Mansion rights and are making a new game and JSKJKHASKJCHJKBXB B

oh man, i finally beat that one earlier this year - id be so down. we need more stuff like Maniac Mansion this gen, so hard.

The_Technomancer said:
Come on, something has to be Psychonauts related. You don't just update a six year old game with achievements and port it to Mac for no reason.
I agree .... the sequel must be coming soon!

Winnie the Pimp said:
that or they can just announce some lame 360/PSN HD version for people that DON'T own the PC version yet ugh :(

An updated Psychonauts is nothing to scuff at, since it could mean that some day a sequel could get funding.

IrishNinja

never did finish Psychonauts, id be so down for that (or even just a sale back on steam!), but id trade everything else to see Grim Fandango go DD.

bought it here on GAF and it's still one of my favorites, but id love to pay for it proper-like, much less have the kinks worked out (few bugs stopped my progress till i found a save online...totally worth it).

Green Scar said:
I thought the rule was that Escape was the only non-canon one

I'm pretty sure that curse was just a fever dream or something, it wasn't called Monkey Island 3 and didn't have Ron Gilbert's special secret true Monkey Island ending. Not a bad game but still not Monkey Island 3.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
IrishNinja said:
never did finish Psychonauts, id be so down for that (or even just a sale back on steam!), but id trade everything else to see Grim Fandango go DD.

bought it here on GAF and it's still one of my favorites, but id love to pay for it proper-like, much less have the kinks worked out (few bugs stopped my progress till i found a save online...totally worth it).

Grim Fandango is owned by LucasArts, so I guess the only way you'd ever see a re-release would be if they remade it as a Star Wars game :/

Jintor

Combichristoffersen said:
Grim Fandango is owned by LucasArts, so I guess the only way you'd ever see a re-release would be if they remade it as a Star Wars game :/

I have to say, a Star Wars game in the Mexican land of the dead would be interesting at the very least

IrishNinja

Combichristoffersen said:

i just never understand this. they clearly didn't care for the title, given the sales & direction they took afterwards. if they're not interested in putting it up now, why not sell it to DoubleFine? im sure they'd be happy with it, and both parties would actually make money instead of leaving it in the vault.

over/under on such an arrangement being one of the announcements?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Day of the Tentacle HD (if possible) please.

Jintor

IrishNinja said:
i just never understand this. they clearly didn't care for the title, given the sales & direction they took afterwards. if they're not interested in putting it up now, why not sell it to DoubleFine? im sure they'd be happy with it, and both parties would actually make money instead of leaving it in the vault.

over/under on such an arrangement being one of the announcements?

Lucas never sells.

tsab

Grim Fandango: Game of the Forever Edition HD
My schythe, I like to keep it next my heart used to be

Top Bottom