• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II - Preorders bumped to Limited Edition

forrest

formerly nacire
http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138695/28968645/THQ_Announces_Darksiders_II_Collectors_Edition__FREE_Limited_Edition_For_All_Pre-orders&post_num=1#517180251

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. Mar 5, 2012 – THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced that all pre-orders of Darksiders® II on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC, will receive a complimentary upgrade to the Limited Edition.

The Darksiders II Limited Edition will include the standard retail game along with a unique code allowing the purchaser the opportunity to download the game’s first single player downloadable content pack, Argul’s Tomb for free once it becomes available. All pre-orders of Darksiders II will receive the Limited Edition version of the game at no additional cost.

There will also be a Collector’s Edition of the game launching on all three platforms. The Darksiders® II Collector’s Edition will include The Limited Edition version of the game as well as a life-sized replica Death Mask with display stand, a unique Shadow of Death armor and scythe set with enhanced stats, a digital copy of the Darksiders II sound-track and a hard-cover Darksiders II art book. The Collector’s Edition will be available in limited quantities as a pre-order item only and is anticipated to sell for around $99 USD.

The Darksiders II Collector’s Edition will be available to pre-order on console in the US and Canada from Gamestop, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Walmart.com, EB Games, the THQ.com store and other select retailers. The PC version of the Collector’s Edition will be available exclusively from the THQ.com store. European release and THQ.com store details to follow.

Jim Huntley, Vice President of Global Brand Marketing commented: “The Darksiders II fans spoke and we listened, we are thrilled to be able to offer them a high quality Collector’s Edition and to reward gamers who pre-order with a free upgrade to the Limited Edition.”

Darksiders II follows the exploits of DEATH, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in an action-packed tale that runs parallel to the events in the original Darksiders game. This epic journey propels DEATH through various light and dark realms as he tries to redeem his brother WAR, the horseman blamed for prematurely starting the Apocalypse in Darksiders.

For full information on pre-order bonuses available for Darksiders II check out the Pre-order tab on www.facebook.com/Darksiders

Darksiders II is scheduled to be available for console and PC on 26th June 2012, for more information check www.Darksiders.com .

About Darksiders 2

Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen embarks on a quest to redeem his brother's name. Become the terrifying force which everything fears but nothing can escape.

The original Darksiders®, released in January 2010, received critical acclaim including the Best Fantasy Game 2010 award from IGN. Darksiders followed the story of WAR, wrongly accused of starting the apocalypse, on a quest to reclaim lost honor and take revenge on those who wronged him.

About THQ

THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) is a leading worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. The company develops its products for all popular game systems, personal computers and wireless devices. Headquartered in Los Angeles County, California, THQ sells product through its global network of offices located throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. More information about THQ and its products may be found at www.thq.com. THQ, Darksiders and their respective logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of THQ Inc.

Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, the Xbox logos, and the Xbox LIVE logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.

"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Thanks

THQSledgehammer
Darksiders II Community Manager

423134_10150697307240tok5g.jpg

NeededSleep

Sorry for the slight OT but, how's the first one?

i enjoyed the first one quite a bit. filled my zelda itch very good, just a little short.

As much as i would love to support them from the enjoyment of the first one. Dont see myself purchasing the collectors edition. imo asking too much for too little

8/10

Very good game and now very cheap.

That's why I was asking. It's dirty cheap now, and I'm going to buy 2 games between: Darksiders, SO4 and RoF.
(Yeah, I know what is the general opinion on SO4, but I still want to try it.)

Do you like Zelda?

Do you like God of War?

It's a combination of both of them, but not quite as good as either of them - but still pretty good!

Sold, but, is it long and tedious? Or long but justified?

FUCK THOSE TINY SHITTY ARTBOOKS.

I love artbooks, but I absolutely hate they are scaling them down to that size so they can keep costs low.

ARGHHH drives me crazy.

MoxManiac

That's why I was asking. It's dirty cheap now, and I'm going to buy 2 games between: Darksiders, SO4 and RoF.
(Yeah, I know what is the general opinion on SO4, but I still want to try it.)

Sold, but, is it long and tedious? Or long but justified?

Get Darksiders and RoF.

the game has yet to come and already there's a "dlc free if you preorder, paying later"..
am i a cow to milk or a fucking consumer?
there was a time when a new "map" (see sc, wc3) was a FREE update..
there was a time when SIGNIFICANT content was free (hello uber-bosses in lord of destruction)...
and now we have a "hai tharr! buttsex! you want gamez? pay me money... by the way you'll have to gimme more in no more than 2 months"...
and they wonder why consumers go for price-cut bomba and second-hand stuff...

the game has yet to come and already there's a "dlc free if you preorder, paying later"..
there was a time when SIGNIFICANT content was free (hello uber-bosses in lord of destruction)...
and now we have a "hai tharr! buttsex! you want gamez? pay me money... by the way you'll have to gimme more in no more than 2 months"...

Lol but to be fair, darksiders never really felt like a $60 game for me.

It feels more like a big budget 'indie' game.
Every element is average at best, but it's pretty much the appetizer platter of games IMO.

Anyways pick it up on a steam sale.

Get Darksiders and RoF.

Good advice imo.

Ok. I'll do it. (Is it wrong that I still want to play SO4?)

Two words: Horse Armor.
Your hate should be focused to the people that bought that crap, showing publishers, that they could rip off consumers with shitty DLC practices.

forrest

formerly nacire
Isn't this game a diablo clone now?

No

I don't mind good solid DLC, but I do dislike multi-oulet pre-order incentives.

Have THQ or Vigil confirmed whether Darksiders 2 is Steamworks or not?
I don't know if anything official has been stated, but I would assume yes.

Mr_eX

There was also a time when the DLC would have been boxed and sold for $30 or more as an expansion pack.

MoxManiac

Ok. I'll do it. (Is it wrong that I still want to play SO4?)

Two words: Horse Armor.
Your hate should be focused to the people that bought that crap, showing publishers, that they could rip off consumers with shitty DLC practices.

Nah, it isn't, but imo darksiders and rof are much better and thus I think should be a priority.

forrest

formerly nacire
Strange. I swear I read previews about colored loot and damage numbers.

Might be some other game.

Seems like your stretching a bit here. Do all games with power-ups get labeled as Pac-man clones? I don't know if Darsiders II has colored coded loot or damage numbers when you attack, but even if it does, that hardly makes it a Diablo Clone.

DieH@rd

Banned
Am i wrong, or this synopsis @ steam is new?

Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, embarks upon a quest to restore mankind, and redeem his brother’s name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation . . .

Lol my bad. So people that been keeping up with this. Is this still a mismash of game genres centered around a zelda structure?

Really curious how the loot stuff factors in.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I will wear this mask when i buy Lollipop Chainsaw at my local store.

luffeN

Lol my bad. So people that been keeping up with this. Is this still a mismash of game genres centered around a zelda structure?

I read in an article somewhere that it is now closer to Kingdoms of Amalur, gameplay wise, but I could be wrong.

forrest

formerly nacire

No worries, yeah it's still combines different elements of various game genres heavily inspired by a zelda formula. With Darksiders II, they are adding a loot system and heavier RPG elements, such as stats. From what I can gather, the world should feel much larger and inter-connected with an emphasis on npc interaction/involvement. That's my take on how the sequel is shaking out compared to the first one.

Gav47

FUCK THOSE TINY SHITTY ARTBOOKS.

I love artbooks, but I absolutely hate they are scaling them down to that size so they can keep costs low.

ARGHHH drives me crazy.

This, get rid of that shitty mask and give me an A4, 150+ page Artbook. Hopefully they'll do the same as this for Darksiders 2

Interested in the art book, but not the mask.

Why do we keep getting junk like this? Do people like having random videogame- related objects littering their homes? It just seems so random, like War in the North's quiver.

Maybe I can deck myself out in random preorder gear for Halloween next year? Saint's Row headphones, WITN's quiver with my Skyrim statue stuffed inside while I huff a Lancer around? I'm probably forgetting something...

I'd much prefer just getting a nice full- sized art book.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
It's always the same with Collector's Editions; people like different things so there will be components you don't like. People really wanted the mask, others wanted some sort of art book.

Also, just because we're doing a smaller art-book with the CE, doesn't mean we WONT release a true, full-sized art book at some point.

H

RPGCrazied

If you have not preorder yet, how long do you have to get in for the limited edition? I'm sure that DLC will be $9.99 by itself.

Orayn

Holy shit, I think I'm in. THQ is really impressing me with their attitude toward pre-orders as of late!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Upgrading mine to CE as soon as they start showing up. Tomorrow I guess?

I want to support this game in all ways possible. I don't even buy season passes, but I'd buy one for this

Joe Mad artbook and Jasper soundtrack. Aw yes

edit: That said, what's the justification of the dumb plastic/statues in CEs now? I don't know why they don't offer an 80 dollar version without that junk then offer the 'big' version with the thing that makes the box too big.

NeededSleep

It's always the same with Collector's Editions; people like different things so there will be components you don't like. People really wanted the mask, others wanted some sort of art book.

Also, just because we're doing a smaller art-book with the CE, doesn't mean we WONT release a true, full-sized art book at some point.

H

I understand people like collectors editions and such, i buy a lot of them myself. But seems like the contents of this CE is rather expensive to whats in it compared to other CE for games out on the market. I can see it for 79.99 but not 99.99. This is just looking at the picture of contents of course.

I know, I know... I do appreciate that an art book in some shape and form is being offered with the collector's edition, I just hate having to double dip since I'm sure I'll probably pick up the official art book once it's released.

What about an action figure? We ever going to see any?

Top Bottom