• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fraternity suspended for alcohol enemas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
University of Tennesee fraternity suspended because of alcohol enemas incident.

Knoxville, Tennessee (CNN) -- Twelve students at the University of Tennessee have been cited for underage drinking, one for disorderly conduct, and a chapter of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity suspended after a weekend incident involving alcohol enemas in which one student was hospitalized, a university spokeswoman said.

"Upon extensive questioning, it is believed that members of the fraternity were using rubber tubing inserted into their rectums as a conduit for alcohol as the abundance of capillaries and blood vessels present greatly heightens the level and speed of the alcohol entering the bloodstream as it bypasses the filtering by the liver," Knoxville Police Dept spokesman Darrell DeBusk said Monday in a statement.

The student, who was taken to the UT Medical Center in critical condition with a blood alcohol level of 0.40 -- five times the legal cutoff for driving -- has been released, the hospital said.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

I really believe that the American college experience would be a much more mature and sensible one were the legal drinking age set at 18. Repressing the legality of it until students are in their third year makes them worship the bottle like some kind of mystical banished drug.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Butt-chugging.

I blame Jackass for making it so popular. This shit was going on everywhere after that movie.

I thought that was just with a booze soaked tampon.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I find the attitude of American Universities to alcohol amusing.

If students knew how to show some restraint it probably wouldn't be as big of an issue, but idiots getting themselves hospitalized by going too far is a huge liability to universities. As soon as one of these tender snowflakes gets hurt due to personal negligence parents are wanting to sue the school for not doing enough.

lush

Finally, my school makes it on GAF. I can die now. Honestly, I'd much prefer the vodka-soaked tampon in the butt method. Though I do love me some boxed wine!

#govols #yolo

okdakor

They should have the right to have guns on campuses, ha ha...

I heard that you can have the same effect without introducing something in your anus : downing a shot with your eyeball

Steelrain

They should have the right to have guns on campuses, ha ha...

I heard that you can have the same effect without introducing something in your anus : downing a shot with your eyeball

When I was in the military, we had a guy put a shot of vodka directly into his veins via IV.

Yeah, he died.

When I was in the military, we had a guy put a shot of vodka directly into his veins via IV.

Yeah, he died.

hqdefault.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
I really believe that the American college experience would be a much more mature and sensible one were the legal drinking age set at 18. Repressing the legality of it until students are in their third year makes them worship the bottle like some kind of mystical banished drug.
Coming from a country where the legal age is 18, it doesn't change shit. College students are just broadly immature and treat alcohol like water. It's the inevitable result of having three years of your life with only 10 to 20 hours of actual responsibility a week, the rest just being free time to do what you want.

TedNindo

Belgian here. Legal drinking age here is 16 and it isnt hard to find some place that will serve beer under that.

Good thing is that you'll know your limit a lot sooner and wont have as many people drinking like idiots when they reach legal age. Most kids will get a to try beer pretty early at home too. Sure there are drunks and college parties. But when I hear about things like this in the US its more like a bunch of 14-16 year olds going all out because they don't know their limits are, go overboard and want to be cool. Not saying that students don't do crazy stuff overhere. But not like that though. And most of them don't have a car. Because the legal age for driving overhere is 18 and its cheaper and more practical to use public transport if you are a student.

Steelrain

Makes it sound like you made him do it.

Nah he did it with his dumbass buddies in his room. I was on watch at the barracks and I had to respond to that shit. It was dumb as hell.

I had honestly never heard of anything like that before that happened and then I saw that Butt-chug scene in the Jackass movie and learned that people consuming alcohol via anyway other than their mouths was an actual thing that some people do.

Koomaster

This very same thing ended up on that show '1000 Ways to Die'. You can guess how the guy on that turned out. These kids were pretty lucky.

okdakor

Found it

AeF0d.jpg

Health experts say that pouring liquor in the eye is almost the same as pouring bleach in the eye: It strips away the protective membrane that covers the eye. Not only is this extremely painful, but it could very likely cause permanent blindness.

But the kids are not stupid, to protect their eyes they snort the vodka instead

This is definitely a white people thing. White people can't just drink alcohol like normal people, they have to play beer pong or other drinking games, funnel beers, keg stands, alcohol enemas and shove tampons soaked in alcohol up their asses. Come on white people stop embarrassing me. Just put the alcohol in a cup and drink it like a normal human.

shira

Well I know some female athletes who put tobacco up their holes during competitions for a "legal" nicotine boost.

ironcreed

Banned
"Hey, bro, pour another shot in my ass!" Simply astounding. Is it really that hard to just knock back a couple of shots, which you feel within moments? I can't even begin to comprehend how someone would think this is a good idea. These guys must have been dropped on their heads one too many times or something.

FStop7

Banned

I'm not seeing that because alcohol is so easily obtained in college that there's nothing mystical about it.

If you willingly allow someone to do that to you, maybe you deserve the repercussions...

But I realize it could be hazing and against their will.

arena08

Let's not pretend student hazing doesn't happen outside the US now...

I have very rarely heard of hazing happening in the UK whereas it seems to be commonplace in the US. The culture of higher education over there appears to be completely different, even encouraging this sort of tribalism through fraternities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom