• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fraternity suspended for alcohol enemas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmZA

Article said:
"Upon extensive questioning, it is believed that members of the fraternity were using rubber tubing inserted into their rectums as a conduit for alcohol as the abundance of capillaries and blood vessels present greatly heightens the level and speed of the alcohol entering the bloodstream as it bypasses the filtering by the liver," Knoxville Police Dept spokesman Darrell DeBusk said Monday in a statement.
This part of the statement reads weirdly, like they cut and pasted a sentence from Wikipedia.

Izick

Fraternities must be the saddest thing ever. People who can't manage to make a name for themselves must attach to some Greek name for attention.

Also, why are all of these hazes and things always so violent and homoerotic?

EDIT: Also, I can see the responses already..."yeah, drinking every night and banging hot chickz bro, what a shame." Well, if that's what they want to use to mask their lack of ambition and personality, then I can't blame them. If they are willing to shove paddles up their asshole for that, then I guess that's their prerogative.

I have very rarely heard of hazing happening in the UK whereas it seems to be commonplace in the US.
The only place I ever heard of it in the UK was in private schools. I've never met anyone who had it happen at their universities (I don't know many posh people!).

I got bored half way through. I suspect the guy is actually gay though, if only because he seems at great pains to make sure we know he's not.

Poor fellow, it's not such a bad world these days for the openly homosexual.

Aurongel

Wow at that BAC level. When I read the headline all I could think about was a certain scene from Jackass 2 that also involved a mini matchbox car too (I think...).

Biff

I was doing well through it until the typo "butting chugging". Lost it there.

Goddamn kid, if you're going to scrutinize the media and tell them to "go back to journalism school", you have to proofread your essay at least once.

All in all, a hilarious story to which I have zero sympathy for this idiot. Regardless of whether he "butt chugged" or not, he drank irresponsibly to the point of causing severe bodily harm to himself.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I have very rarely heard of hazing happening in the UK whereas it seems to be commonplace in the US. The culture of higher education over there appears to be completely different, even encouraging this sort of tribalism through fraternities.

It's not as 'commonplace' as it seems, but it is a problem.

Fraternities must be the saddest thing ever. People who can't manage to make a name for themselves must attach to some Greek name for attention.

Also, why are all of these hazes and things always so violent and homoerotic?

EDIT: Also, I can see the responses already..."yeah, drinking every night and banging hot chickz bro, what a shame." Well, if that's what they want to use to mask their lack of ambition and personality, then I can't blame them. If they are willing to shove paddles up their asshole for that, then I guess that's their prerogative.

Not all fraternities are made equal. The one I belong to is full of guys who enjoy the feeling of brotherhood with each other but hate the "dudebro, let's get fucked up" mentality of the others.

painey

I have very rarely heard of hazing happening in the UK whereas it seems to be commonplace in the US. The culture of higher education over there appears to be completely different, even encouraging this sort of tribalism through fraternities.

The difference is when you get into Uni in the States, having access to booze makes you cool and edgy. Whereas in Europe, having access to booze makes you the same as everyone else.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't understand the guy's obsession with Wizard of Oz.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I really believe that the American college experience would be a much more mature and sensible one were the legal drinking age set at 18. Repressing the legality of it until students are in their third year makes them worship the bottle like some kind of mystical banished drug.

Agreed.

Found it

AeF0d.jpg

But the kids are not stupid, to protect their eyes they snort the vodka instead
What on Earth??

OK I've heard of snorting vodka, but soaking your eyeball in it, Jesus - YOUR MOUTH IS RIGHT FUCKING THERE. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom