• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

What do you mean they "can't lock out older gen"? They would just have to change the wire protocol.

DS and 3DS communicate the same way. 3DS applications can also read and write to DS cartridges, Pokemon Dream Radar does this.

There's no reason they couldn't maintain compatibility.

Esura

Banned
Holy shit, my childhood dream is finally realized! 3D Pokemon is absolutely gorgeous! Man I can't believe this.

I'm totally using the Fennelkin.

bounchfx

Yesssss!!

I have doubts that it plays any different but whatever it's all I've hoped for these past 5 years.

Full wii u adventure next plz

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just for people that seem to have foggy memories in here, this is what Pokemon Stadium looked like.

ZXvxs.jpg

Can we please return to reality?

Huh, this has better textures. And anitaliasing.

MG310

I haven't played a Pokemon in a long time..but yo..that deer has fiber optic antlers and swords for legs. I'm back in!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
My bad, I was pointing out the character model more than anything. But here, have some media of the proper era:

5ffVJ.jpg

This news made my day! Not that I was having a bad day, but still, all new Pokemon! Awesome!

And in the trailer, did I not see the PC rollerblading? Maybe they're replacing the bicycle? And I haven't yet gotten a chance to watch the Iwata Asks, but was there any mention of being able to modify your characters look? I think it would be cool if we got to choose our style and make our character unique, especially for things like StreetPass.

Did they 3D bevel an already 3D logo?!? So 90s
Froakie is the best. Not too sure on the legendaries, will wait to judge until they show the Z dimension Pokemon.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Someone mentioned on another forum the Legendaries being based off Norse Mythology...

Like in the Yggdrasil Myth, there's an eagle and stags...there's also a serpent, which seems like it could make a cool "Z" Pokemon.

Hypatia

Pokemon Stadium looks a lot worse - at least when comparing battle gameplay.

The battle enviroments seem more sparse than the GC/Wii pokemon games but the models seem better in terms of lighting and shading. Also nice particle effects.

But the actual enviroments outside of battle look pretty ugly, not a huge jump over the DS versions -though part of this is because they've gone for a much lower camera angle- AND there was slowdown in one of the areas.

HiiiLife

I haven't played a Pokemon since Sapphire. And I lowkey wanna get back into this series. I think I just might pick up a 3DS. Lol.

EVOL 100%

So, a question to PokeGAF regulars.

Has the hype for previous entries been this widespread too? There seems to be lots of people who haven't played for a long time considering to jump back in.

Kouriozan

Has the hype for previous entries been this widespread too? There seems to be lots of people who haven't played for a long time considering to jump back in.

I don't think, this is a major change for the franchise, way bigger than D/P -> B/W.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Yes. Every release is filled with 'This is my first Pokemon game since Red / Blue'.. or in some cases Gold / Silver.

Moaradin

To me, this looks like the biggest change so far in the Pokemon series. All of the other games just looked way too formulaic to me, that's why I haven't been into Pokemon for a while.

I don't think, this is a major change for the franchise, way bigger than D/P -> B/W.

Well I don't know about gaf, but the fact that the sprites were animated in the last gen was a pretty big deal at the time.

Although there were still tons of people complaining that it wasn't 3d after the announcement.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I never thought the day I would be interested in a 3DS will come but I can't lie I will buy an XL before this comes out, I haven't played a Pokemon game since Ruby and i'm definetly buying Y version.

Now the question is should I wait for a price drop and new XL colors? Do you think that will happen before this comes out?

It definitely did not have antialiasing. That's either a bullshot or from an emulator. I doubt it even ran at 640 x 480.

It definitely did. Look back on the N64 tech. The AA was one of the defining features of the system.

Those Stadium screens only signal to me how poor GF is at sculpting 3D worlds. Their watermark is essentially a 16 year-old game but what I'm seeing is rudimentary PSX or DS-level 3D. I would LOVE to see a fully-realize 3D Pokemon world. We actually got pretty close to that with XD and Colosseum.

ivysaur12

Banned
Pokemon Stadium looks a lot worse - at least when comparing battle gameplay.

The battle enviroments seem more sparse than the GC/Wii pokemon games but the models seem better in terms of lighting and shading. Also nice particle effects.

But the actual enviroments outside of battle look pretty ugly, not a huge jump over the DS versions -though part of this is because they've gone for a much lower camera angle- AND there was slowdown in one of the areas.

The slowdown doesn't help, but it definitely is an improvement over the DS versions in terms of out of battle environments.

Am pretty sure this was slow motion and a close up on the character that does not happen in game. No reason or sense to have that camera angle.
EDIT: Watching on load it sounds like hes on rollerskates.

Meanwhile the rest looked fine, it was just short clips. The environment is obviously suppose to be very open and clear instead of creating a 3D game which is closed with linear walls.

Anyway, anyone know whats going on when this building forms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IfclgYT7h-A#t=57s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom