• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Well considering that there's DNA in the logo, X Y is probably about chromosomes, not axis. I don't know what they'd name a 3rd game. XX and XY?
Just because it has another meaning doesn't deter from that one! But I guess it'll be meaningless unless they call the third version Z so you're right.

It'll be pretty crazy if the sequels become the new 3rd version. I don't know if I'm ready.

Trigger

I thought it was gonna be iOS. :(

abH8W.gif

HiiiLife

I think I'll keep waiting until after E3. I doubt anything will be announced but at least it'll be easier to get a sale or something. And it's always smart to wait until after E3 if possible.

3DSXL, buddy.

3DS XL? Yes, it exists, and is great.

You mean likethe 3DS XL? Which, if you're in the EU and register it before the 15th nets you a free downloadable retail game.

If the XL is what you want, bite now! Some great games on there!
If you want the smaller version I'd say wait for E3 (although XL was announced after it lol) as I suspect a Lite version will replace the original to bring the build quality on par with XL's.

You mean like the 3ds xl? hahaha

I'd wait and see if they announce some special edition pokemon one, myself, but that's not extremely likely.

And if you get it now, you can play Monster Hunter when it comes out in March, and that'll keep you more than entertained through October! =D

Probably not. XL should be around for a fair bit so you should be safe there. The only issue is what color you want which maybe announced later on.

I myself am thinking about getting a white 3ds XL bundle with mario kart, since price wise and color wise can't really find much better. (The bundle is sadly Europ/Japan only I think).

Thanks for the feedback GAF. I'll try and see if I can wait. I actually have a $150 giftcard that I can use at GameStop and its too tempting. Lol. We'll see how I feel in the next few days.

Zomba13

Well considering that there's DNA in the logo, X Y is probably about chromosomes, not axis. I don't know what they'd name a 3rd game. XX and XY?

They could release a Z and then have it tie into 3D with the axis stuff as well as the chromosome stuff.
I bet they'll do an X2 and Y2 or something though like with B/W. Why make just 1 third version when you can split the third version into 2 versions?

Emitan

This is the real reboot. Not B/W ! Pokemon has been needing this makeover for a long time now I was so sick of the damn sprites. This series is meant to be 3D. I hope for the rest of its life it's 3D

I am going to take over Game Freak.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah, this is probably the first time ever that the fire starter seems to be the best designed. :/ I'm gonna have to go with him it seems. I need some evolutions!

So. Good.

Ok, I will say the overworld 3D isn't a huge jump from the DS and leaves a little to be desired, but I love the art style. The battles look great! Im so glad they aren't using the Pokedex 3D models but rather something a little more stylistic. Anyways, Im in love with the new legendary Pokemon, and I don't hate the new starters, even if they are a bit neopet looking. Can't wait to see and here more.

HiiiLife

Only problem is, I haven't played Pokemon in ages. I have no clue who the new generation is. I'm gonna be asking, "Where's Charmander?" through the whole game.

CorvoSol

Nothing about Torchic or Tepig said fighting type either!

Tepig did. It had this sign over its head that said "I am a fire starter and will be getting saddled with the worthless fighting type for the third gen running. Everything from birds to embryos will pick on me."

This is why Charizard and Typhlosion were best. I mean, flying is crummy and I will forever wish it had been Dragon, but 3 gens of Fire Fighting is too much.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Only problem is, I haven't played Pokemon in ages. I have no clue who the new generation is. I'm gonna be asking, "Where's Charmander?" through the whole game.

If we can transfer our old Pokemon over, just get someone to get you a Charmander egg and playthrough with Charmander.

Gravijah

unless something changes, you never run into prior starters in the wild. you get them from fulfilling special postgame tasks when you can, in certain games.

and i thought they would remake ruby and sapphire.

i wonder how they're going to handle transferring pokemon, if they're even going to have that feature...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom