• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrT-Tar

What is gaf's opinion about whether Game Freak should redo some of the 1st gen Pokemon cry sound effects? Some of them some really out of place now, like Nidoking for example.

FillerB

Yup. I was trying to think of reasons for it, but I have none.

Now I'm wondering, though... How will water battles, look?

Actually, maybe that's a reason? Patches of sand for platforms in the middle of the ocean? Iunno.

Lets not bring logic into this. If you go down that road you might as well ask of yourself why using any Electric-type while surfing doesn't kill you. There is no way you can fit the trainer and an Electabuzz on the back of a Squirtle and not expect to get shocked to death.

Lets not bring logic into this. If you go down that road you might as well ask of yourself why using any Electric-type while surfing doesn't kill you. There is no way you can fit the trainer and an Electabuzz on the back of a Squirtle and not expect to get shocked to death.

There are ways.
tumblr_lxww1lpwOi1qzis1f.png

demidar

halolz-dot-com-pokemon-scyther-cannotlearnfly.jpg

Trey

In the whole wide world of fuckery that is Pokemon, this is the example you choose?

Trey

What is gaf's opinion about whether Game Freak should redo some of the 1st gen Pokemon cry sound effects? Some of them some really out of place now, like Nidoking for example.

Nidoking doesn't need to change for anyone or anything. You will hear his 60's sci-fi alien spacecraft cry, and you will be in awe.

It's not every day the perfect Pokemon comes along.

JoeInky

It's been 24 whole hours... Why isn't there more news yet??? :p

Has this been posted yet: http://gematsu.com/2013/01/pokemon-x-and-y-to-boost-franchise-to-over-700-pokemon

This part sounds interesting:
The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.

Also the battles are now slightly different or something, it mentions something about there being a new "structure" anyway.

I'm not sure if this has been posted but I haven't seen it mentioned. Am I the only one who noticed the Eevee standing on the Golurk's hand, it's part of the bronze statue in the screenshots released? I'm referring to the screenshot featuring the Female PC running from the mansion.

I'm not sure if this has been posted but I haven't seen it mentioned. Am I the only one who noticed the Eevee standing on the Golurk's hand, the bronze statue version in the screenshots released? I'm referring to the screenshot featuring the Female PC running from the mansion.

Yeah, Eevee on Golurk with Palpitoad and what appears to be a human.

I can see Dratini on top of one of the pillars too

Lord Phol

Was wondering when this would show up, looks pretty nice. The logos and the legendaries look pretty meh though :s, but consider me hyped!

Voted Eatchildren cause I'm not really feeling the starters, hopefully they'll get some good evolutions!

It seems quite prominent. The human character looks to be wearing a suit of armour.

I guess it makes more sense for knights, castles and royalty to show up in this game than any other?

Oh god...Palpitoad...Palpitine...The Emperor...Empoleon.

The evil team is controlled by a possessed Empoleon confirmed.

Please, no. One of my favorite thing about the games from GBA onward is the very electronic based soundfonts, with strong strong synths. BW & B2W2 especially are the best we've gotten so far. I'd like to see them keep improving, and Masudas biggest musical influences are electronic music & rock.
Masuda doesn't do overall music direction anymore outside of his producer role. The overall sound direction falls into Ichinose's hands for the most part, though he's been sticking to doing Pokémon cries while the others handle overall music. I definitely think he should push his brand of more eclectic arrangement forward as much as possible. While Ichinose does have his personal pitfalls and retreads in his music, I think he's more flexible a composer and arranger than Hitomi Sato and Shota Kageyama. They almost neve trend away from their original trappings (the former likes dainty piano/flute tracks and the latter feels like he's trying to write music for an orchestral concert).

I guess it makes more sense for knights, castles and royalty to show up in this game than any other?

Oh god...Palpitoad...Palpitine...The Emperor...Empoleon.

The evil team is controlled by a possessed Empoleon confirmed.

It does indeed make sense and given the European setting I'd expect a number of explorable castles and associated motifs. In this case though, it strikes me that this particular knight might be a prominent character involved with the games' story and legends. Much like the legends of the heroes from Unova and Reshiram and Zekrom played a vital role in the stories of Black and White/Black 2 and White 2.

x-Lundz-x

it's been ages since I played a Pokemon game. This might actually get me to purchase a 3DS and get these. I would have to only play in private though as a 35 year old man playing Pokemon in public probably not the manliest of things.

Lord Phol

it's been ages since I played a Pokemon game. This might actually get me to purchase a 3DS and get these. I would have to only play in private though as a 35 year old man playing Pokemon in public probably not the manliest of things.

The world needs more 35 year olds playing pokemon in public!

They actually acknowledged this in BW2. One of the NPCs mentions that Fly is amazing and you can fly on any pokemon that can learn it, "no matter how small they are."

Back on topic, I'm pretty excited, would probably go Fennekin, and X gon' give it to me, fuck waitin' for me to get it on my own, X gon' deliver to me.

gosox333

I will now reenact my initial impressions of the starters

Chespin: Huh, a grass Oshawott. That's cool I guess.

Fenniken: Boooring.

Froakie:
1357739260278.png

Moral of the story is team Froakie.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I will now reenact my initial impressions of the starters

Chespin: Huh, a grass Oshawott. That's cool I guess.

Fenniken: Boooring.

Froakie:
CVZ7W.png

Moral of the story is team Froakie.

Where are the lies in this post? Nowhere.

ilDZnTiqDk0U1.gif

He looks like a little ninja frog. I can't wait to see all of his animations *.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom